MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1304

[Deleted]
In MQL4 Documentation is this code snippet to illustrate the use of Symbol()... int total=OrdersTotal(); for(int pos=0;pos<total;pos++) { // check selection result because the order may be closed or deleted at this time! if(OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS)==false) continue;...
[Deleted]
How do you convert a source code into an executable file (.mql4) using Meta Editor?
[Deleted]
How can I check to see what has happened with my last order, whether it has hit the TP or the SL or whether it's been closed and I need to know if it's still open as well
From www.molanis.com. Check our video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTqqbwBhrjg
Hello all, I tested my simple EA on MT4 startegy tester. I noticed that my EA is too good to be true so I decided to look at details and here what I found: My EA tested on H4 period wth EVERY TICK (best) option. 1. EA sent SELL STOP order at 1.6116 on 2010.01.04 00:00 am with SL 1.6196 and TP 1.6035...
Hi there. This is a EA that I'm working on. It's in the "play with" stage now and I though I would make it open for everybody to play with. How this works. Al the changes takes place here: // PLACE ORDER if (OrdersTotal() < 1) { //if (m1==1&&m5==0&&m15==1&&m30==1&&h1==1&&h4==1) if...
If so, has anyone manage to make a call / read to them. It's to populate all symbols available from a given broker... TIA
[Deleted]
hi to all, what i want to do is, a custım indicator that has two color .one variable is ima(...)-ima(..).this is macd u know.The second variable is imaonArray of macd.if macd is above the imaonarray line color becomes green.İf below maCD LİNE İS RED.tHİS İS AN EASY TASK BUT i think i miss something...
New article Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5 is published at mql5.com: This article is a quick guide to MQL4 language functions, it will help you to migrate your programs from MQL4 to MQL5. For each MQL4 function (except trading functions) the description and MQL5 implementation are presented, it allows...
  Profitable Platform crashing  (18   1 2)
We have 4 live accounts with a broker who will not be named for legal reasons (a major one). Of the 4 accounts, they are trading the same EA but one is more aggressive. The aggressive one is up about 5% (was I should say). The others are flat, as they have just started last few days. The...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I ran into a problem that the optimization does not take into consideration of all possible scenario. I found out because I have a particular set of input values that give pretty good result. But when I ran the optimizations, I couldn't find that particular set of input. In journal, I found...
  What happened to Doe last night?  (170   1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17)
I don't actually follow him, but I saw him on the news today: Snob link is right here . Here's another picture - from MT4
  MT5 tester available!!!!  (95   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
HOORAY! --- The weekend is gone ;)
Hi fellow Brothers, Recently, i've design an indicator for support / resistance line using zigzag methods. Now, i want to add some features as possible target line for GBPUSD range within support/resistance line as per below picture. attached is my code. hope anyone can help me on this. #property...
[Deleted]
I am trying to run a script that will collect data in an array and then analyze it in excel. The problem is I don't know how to get it to excel. I have tried both http://www.fx1.net/excellink.php and http://fxdialogue.com/ and neither of them work for this solution. My arrays are 100,000 by 20...
[Deleted]
Hello. I would like to inquire about auto update system of MT4. When the system of MT4 was improved newly, a massage "Click this button for Update " appears in opening MT4. I am trying to make a completely automatic system also including with rebooting PC . But when this massage appears it cannot...
  Functions A-Z ?  (4)
I remember reading in someones post the mention of an MQL4 Functions A-Z document I have tried searching the site search for it but I have not been able to locate it does anyone have a link to it ?
Hello, My trading strategy is trying to utilize percent of equity, where as once I start seeing millions in balance, using a standard account with 10,000 initial balance, and lot sizes of 400-600 I'm getting stopped out. My question is could it be possible? Could it really be draw-down or the
Strategy Tester Report AlpariUK-Demo (Build 226) SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)Period30 Minutes (M30) 2001.01.01 00:00 - 2010.05.12 23:30 (2001.01.01 - 2010.05.13)ModelEvery tick (the most precise method based on all available least timeframes)ParametersFixedLotSize=10;Bars in test116635Ticks...
Hi, This post doesn't really have much to do with mql4, but here it goes anyway: I've spent a month developing the latest EA, and this puppy does seem to have some potential... I get roughly the same result testing with Ticks and ControlPoints, and the results are very nice on backtest, and this...
Hi, i have a little question. I have seen a "Candle entry EA" and now i will ask for a "Candle exit EA". I will trade manuell with the MT4 and my strategy is very simple. It´s a one candle trading strategy ... On my Chart are some Indicators to determine the direction long or short! I place a trade...
Hi, Anyone know how to coding below function for the EA. 1) if i open position more than 2 currency pair, how to calculate the total lots and total profit show as points(show on pips not money)? Please provide example. Thank you very much, your help will much appreciate. Shams
Hello There is a very good indicator: Awesome_Signal - Extended Awesome 'Awesome_Signal - Extended Awesome' This indicator is a very good momentum type indicator and much more advanced than the standard MT built-in Awesome indicator. I'm looking for a interested developer who will make this...
[Deleted]
I have been used to draw gann fan in other technical anaylysis software but I dont know how to use it in MT4, those lines look really incorrect when I set a beginning point and ending point, is there any matter with the value? r u guys okay wif gann fan????? Help plz!
Hi Programmers! I created a new chart (*.hst file) with the method of the Period Converter built in MT script. I can use it like an Offline Chart - it's Ok. But how can I run the Backtest on it? I still have tried some way. For example I deleted the original EURUSD1.hst file from the history, then I...
[Deleted]
Hi, I m new to FX. I have traded stocks on NYSE for 4 months and I realy like what I do. Only problem is the firm I m trading for is robbing me .They take 40% of my profit and there is a bunch of other fees... I havea couple friends that are trading FX and they reccomended me the MT4 and this site....
Howdy All, From what I have read, one doesn't HAVE TO include indicators within the EA nor even attached to a chart in order to utilize them, but can make 'external calls' to them when needed. I'm wondering about the 'Pro's & Con's' and 'trade offs' of these two different methodologies? Thanks to...
I need to run my EA on multiple charts (at least 2) of different currency pairs. To avoid the annoying Trade Context Busy Error I am now using 2 computers, one for EURUSD and one for AUDUSD. Is this solution a wasteful way? Is it technically possible to use a server with multi-monitors for the...
The subject says it. I just started getting this instead of the current trade level recently for some unknown reason? Very strange! Thanks for any and all assistance (< 8)
[Deleted]
Do you feel you are an expert in a particular field? Then this is your chance to let the world know about it. Be a part of our network of professional experts and get paid for your knowledge. Get recognized and appreciated for your knowledge and also make the best use of your free time by earning