How to detect a lul and a lack of activity in the terminal to trigger automatically switching to other accounts ?

I'm wanting to administer and trade on numerous ForEx accounts from one client.

I found some info here on automatically switching accounts in one terminal, though the 'documentation' is in Russian.

Now I'm wondering how and trying to figure out when the terminal is not active and is 'at rest' to trigger switching to another account?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

I'm wondering if the capacity exists within MQL4 to LogOn to an account, pause and process, then LogOn to the next one and repeat, etc continuously OR

If I will need an OS 'macro' language such as 'WinBatch' that MAY be able to do this job?

This method (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/110932) is extremely unreliable and should not be used for Live trading. This is relevant -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126296.

gordon:
This method (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/110932) is extremely unreliable and should not be used for Live trading. This is relevant -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126296.

Ta Gordon

Currently I want to utilize in forward testing, but may want to use it in live trading eventually.

(8 >) Holding my cat hidden under my coat and turned away from your line of vision (< 8)

* Shush. He can already smell you! I don't think his idea of breakfast is the same as yours! Quiet now!. *

gordon:

Having wrestled with these electronic abacuses for quite some time now, I'm familiar with ini files and as an 'end user' pine for the good old days when one could decipher, understand and utilize them long before the advent of the single huge 'registry' written in hieroglyphics that IS Windows now. (Any idea of what the file name and type that the windows registry is actually called?)

But I have looked at a number or MQ *.ini files and have yet to decipher and understand why most variables and fnuctions in MQ*.ini files have 3 or 4 similar but different variations declared for most variables and functions. Yet another example of the wonderful world of MQ LaLa Land.

As mentioned at the end of my initial posting posting on this subject, there is a Windows version of the DOS (macro) 'batch' macro language available: WinBatch. I can't afford it at this point ion time anyway, but it may be a solution. Though doing such things as monitoring the terminal to find out if it is idle or active to trigger logging in seems unlikely with WInBatch or at the very least would be quite difficult and cumbersome if not down right impossible.

I've wanted to know about and understand the MQ*.ini file format for quite some time now. Hopefully your tip will help to facilitate this. If I can get a handle on the *.ini files at this point in time it seems like the best route with the most potential to utilize.

I think I may still have a copy of MsDOS v3.01 around (and virtually ever other MS OS in between up to and including Win7 x 64) and possibly even it's predecessor CP/M that Bill Gates did an arbitrage deal with and locked in the rights to buy CP/M outright and then licensed it to IBM for their then new 'PC'. Though finding a drive for the ~ 164KB 8" floppies of that era may pose a problem LoL

The rest as they say is HisStory.

Did you ever here about the statement that Bill Gates made in response to a computer media reporter that 'No one will ever need more than 64 KB of RAM!' LoL

The computer in the first space shuttles had only 4KB of RAM!!! It's hard to imagine how they made something that complex and as highly stressed as it is actually work (effectively) with such minuscule capacities.

While on the subject, as I'm sure you are well aware: nothing gets one more 'bang for there buck' in computing power than RAM. Vista and Win7 now have a utility that allows one to use USB flash drives as system RAM. Not going to be as fast as dedicated RAM, but likely will still make a noticeable improvement quite cheaply and surpass the limitations of RAM slots in 64 bit MoBos

FourX:

I've wanted to know about and understand the MQ*.ini file format for quite some time now. [...]

All command line related info is in under "Tools — Configuration at Startup" in the metatrader4 help file. It includes examples for everything...

gordon:
All command line related info is in under "Tools — Configuration at Startup" in the metatrader4 help file. It includes examples for everything...

Once more, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge, experience and your assistance.

I also read your response to the other NuB that is having problems with his trailing digits with his broker rejecting them and learned from it as well.

BUT STAY AWAY FROM MY CAT !

When I cycle through different accounts in one MT4 client, the trading profiles are not changing with them. The profile of active charts stays the same as the one that was active when I first Logged On. The trades that are shown in the MutiAccount terminal seems to bear this out. It seems that all of the accounts continue to trade, but all on the same profile. I'll have to do more investigation and observations to confirm this, but it makes sense. Obviously, this doesn't really achieve anything, or at least not what I am trying to achieve.

Do unless I can find a way to rotate and change to each unique chart profile that is associated to a specific account, then this is certainly won't achieve my goal of running numerous (demo) accounts from only one client.

I'm thinking that they SHOULD be a way to make an EA that is controlling and changes to a different account number once the one it is currently in is not active and is just idling. I don't know if there is a programmable function to evoke chart profiles.

FourX:

The computer in the first space shuttles had only 4KB of RAM!!! It's hard to imagine how they made something that complex and as highly stressed as it is actually work (effectively) with such minuscule capacities.

My AppleII had 4kB of ram and I wrote a multiple-solution vector inversion on it with room to spare. Looking back, I can't believe it.

engcomp:
My AppleII had 4kB of ram and I wrote a multiple-solution vector inversion on it with room to spare. Looking back, I can't believe it.

Did you write it directly in Machine Code?

It's truly amazing how fast these have developed.

Its even more amazing that they ever became as successful as they did because for the first 25 ~ 30 years they didn't have enough capacity to really do any work or anything useful with them were really quite useless.

I think that the ones that generally harnessed and used them where scientists that utilized them for dedicated experiments and specific data analysis. As such they used them primarily as dedicated to one task as opposed to MultiTasking with them.

But one has to also look to the power and process of marketing people in our current consumer economic systems..

Regardless of how and why they managed to take off and developed spectacularly, I'm glad they did as they have FINALLY go to the point that they are powerful enough to really do some work and utilize them for so many applications, including the inclusion of dedicated micro-controllers in so many different products that has allowed them to have significant capacities that they otherwise would not have.

Almost all scientific and technological advances have been foreseen and predicted by folks like us, futurists, technologist and scientists and science fiction writers etc. Most of these correctly predicted the development of computers. But they all saw them as being the megalithic mainframes and supercomputers that only governments including allowing them to truly become 'Big Brother' and large multinational corporations and well funded R&D people would have them.

But NO one, including me foresaw the 'microComputer revolutions. Which has very significantly changed so many innumerable products and allowed very all encompassing technologies and products that are drastically different than they wold be without Micro controllers and computers.

Still looking for a way to:

A) Tell when EAs have finished all of it's current tasks and is just idling to move onto the next account and process it.

B) Change profiles so that the proper charts, EAs etc change so that the correct ones also get changed to the account that they are for .

gordon:

Hi Gordon et al,

I don't need to know how to start MT4 other than us doing it ourselves. My quandary is how to find out when the account is sitting idle and then change to a different account # along with have the appropriate charts profile change along with them.

Reason: