MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1297

[Deleted]
Hello. I've been coding EAs for almost a year now, but all of them have used my original code to check closing prices and indicator values of the last closed bar. I am going to start from scratch on a volatility breakout EA and I "think" that I want/need to check "intrabar" prices and indicator...
[Deleted]
Hi All, According to the manual, after downloading the history with the download button, all the time frames are being recalculated accordingly (If I download all the minutes from 1999 than also the 5,15,..... 1w time frames database is recalculated and synced). I tried it, and it works perfectly....
[Deleted]
  Historical Data  (4)
Hi all, First post in the forums :) I've downloaded 1Mhistorical data from FXDD and I successfuly converted it to 5M and 15M using the scripts. Let's say now that my EA is running on a 15M graph, what is the granularity of the data sampled to the EA when i check the expert using the tester? Is the
[Deleted]
I'm having a problem in my hedge EA and would like someone to help me. When an order reaches SELLSTOP or BUYSTOP (hedge), the EA needs to remove the Take Profit of the first order. Thank you
- I open a multi lot order with OrderSend(). - I Ordermodify() it with no problem. - I close out 1 lot with OrderClose(). - Now when I try to modify the order which still has the remainder of the lots, I get an "unknown ticket for OrderModify() function" The ticket is open, OrderTicket() continues...
Hello, Sorry for asking one more question about Open Price, but my search in the forum didn't bring me a clear answer. I added this line to the start() of my EA: if (High[0] != Low[0] || Volume[0] > 1) return; The result, as expected, is that the backtesting is giving very close results on the...
Is it possible to have two charts of the same currency pair and same timeframe and on each chart to have a differnet ea running? Ofcourse, all on same platform. Thanks
On answering a question on IndexBuffer I realize I myself still don't have full grasp on the nature of regular arrays used in Indicators, So, I made a test to achieve that, and have the followings : - If I use a regular array (let's call it RegArray[]) to calculate on prices then an IndexBuffer...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to add user-defined parameters to the list of optimization parameters?
Hello, I have a huge problem with a new indicator that I wrote. Basically it is an indicator that calculates trend values for all time frames from all currency pairs and sums it up in a table. The problem, once I attach the indicator the platform freezes. I think the platform does not have all...
[Deleted]
I'm having a problem in my hedge EA and would like someone to help me. When an order reaches SELLSTOP or BUYSTOP (hedge), the EA needs to remove the Take Profit of the first order. Thank you!
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, please i need your help on this ea (attached). the issue is that it delays opening of orders when it matters most,even when all my signals are true, sometimes it opens an order 4 candles after all the signals have been confirmed, meanwhile i programmed it to open an order,once all...
I searched extensively for this and found lots with much more complicated issues than this, but I can't find and nor understand how and why dividing and array in half correctly 'resizes' it when I have just entered the count into the Array with OrdersTotal()
Forex News Reader - 4 market opening clocks with dim/glow color to identifiy market open and close - Voice notification with market open - Supports proxy in case your computer is under proxy server - Displays day/upcoming economic releases(in Eastern Standard time(NY Time)) -...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to MT4 and mql4 and would really appreciate some help with a code I've been working on. The code is supposed to find the most recent high (multi-candle high that is, not the high of one candle) and then search for the previous high that is higher than the most recent high. Then it would...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I have this question, if is possibile to resolve... Can i make in a IF operation made more level in one parenthesis??? Example: if (((Num1> Num2 && Num3> Num4) || (Num5> Num6 && Num7> Num8)) && Num9> Num10) Num1-2-3-4 data and Num5-6-7-8 is possible to separate to their function? Like a...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am a beginner, trying to convert the momemtum indicator from MT4 platform to an EA to do further testing and also to learn how works the process of building EA on MT4 ; The code I have is the following and it returns 2 time the error 'iMomemtum' initialisation expected. I have tried...
[Deleted]
Is there any MQL code that will determine how much $ per pip is gained/lossed with a buying size of 0.10? For example at aplari, buying 0.10 will result in a trade that gains or losses $1 per pip. At other brokers, buying 0.10 will result in a trade that gains or losses $0.10 per pip. And in...
When I back tested from year 2006, the EA works fine. But when I switched the year earlier to 2005, the back test did not work. Is there anything I miss in the code for the old years?
[Deleted]
Hi there My Custom Indicator creates an interger, and displays it on the window using the ObjectSetText function. It displays it as a graphical object, so I can not call it direcly from the iCustom...... code. This is how the Indicator displays the number ObjectSetText("cur_score",...
New article OOP in MQL5 by Example: Processing Warning and Error Codes is published at mql5.com: The article describes an example of creating a class for working with the trade server return codes and all the errors that occur during the MQL-program run. Read the article, and you will learn how to...
New article MQL for "Dummies": How to Design and Construct Object Classes is published at mql5.com: By creating a sample program of visual design, we demonstrate how to design and construct classes in MQL5. The article is written for beginner programmers, who are working on MT5 applications. We...
[Deleted]
Need some quick guidance. I am trying to reference a custom indicator in an EA. When the indicator is one line, it is very easy and straight forward. However, if the indicator has multiple lines, I am not sure how to reference those individual lines. If the indicator named SampleInd has line1...
[Deleted]
I am getting a 4 digits results on 5 digits broker when calulating any of the indicator. For example: iBand return 1.2222 on 5 digitis broker (on the chart windows it shows 1.22226). I have tried normalizedouble(price, digits), however it still giving back 4 digits. I am using FXCM broker. Has...
I have to know, how many closed orders was opened in current day. If there was more than 9 orders in current day, then Expert Advisor should not open next order. I would like max 10 orders daily. How to use OrdersHistoryTotal() function in this case ?
[Deleted]
  TD Combo EA  (5)
Has anyone seen a link for a TD Combo indicator for MT4? Pls let me know if you guys have one, or if not I would pay to have one made
hi !  any one knows how to invert a indicator scale .  I want to use the dolar index upside down  TY  
static datetime Time0; int start() { bool newBar; newBar = Time[0] > Time0; if (newBar) Time0 = Time[0]; if (liHour == EndHour + GMToffset && newBar) more conditions here then open a buy or sell Return(0); } Does the above IF condition with AND clause work ?...
[Deleted]
As a newcomer to automated trading (and this forum) I have worked out a simple 20 SMA / 10 SMA EA for which the MT4 tester has given promising results after several passages through the MT4 tester (on an Alpari MT4 platform): a 9500 euro gain over a period of 6 weeks for an initial deposit of 5000