MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1299

The development of the MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE has almost been completed. At themoment, we can offer everybody a beta version of the new mobile terminal for smartphones.Download the MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE and take part in the development of the new terminal. Your opinions and commentsare very...
I am back testing a strategy on IBFX and FXCM platforms.. for the same period and the for the same pair.. the results between 2 are very differrent. Only differrence is on FXCM lot size is Mini and IBFX lot size is Micro.. I am not comparing the $ profit numbers.. I am comparing the % factor.. and...
[Deleted]
Sir, I herewith attached a price chart on which I have 1) Firtst moving average with period: 6 shift: 0 MA method: Simple Apply to: Close Color: Dark green 2) Second moving average with period: 4 shift: 0 MA method: Simple Apply to: First indicator's data Color: Deep pink I need a Macd program which
  Strange observation !  (60   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Good afternoon to all ! When testing and optimizing the EURJPY Expert Advisor on the timeframe = H4 I ran into some incomprehension. (to put it mildly)! Outside the optimization period on the forward/backward test the Expert Advisor has shown quite a good result. See the chart. But run in the "back
Does .CSV File Read work in back-test?  I've created a News EA which reads .csv files and places orders. It works fine in forward tests but does not place a single order in back-test. All the resources on this forum talks about writing files in back-test to .csv. I just want to know if its possible.
Where do I file a bug report. Metalang.exe and MetaEditor.exe sometimes moves the error line. I prepare an example on when this happens. #property library #define NSECTIONS 4 string A[NSECTIONS] = {"A","B","C","D"}; int du my; // Error shows on correct line. string B[NSECTIONS] = { "A",...
[Deleted]
HI, For an EA that I'm developing, I would like to move the StopLoss when a Take Profit is executed. In this EA, each time i am doing an order, i take 3 differents orders with different take profit (TP1, TP2 and TP3) and the same SL (for example 20 pips) I would like to move the SL when the TP1 is...
I've literally spent HOURS trying to find the imbalanced parenthesis error. I put all of it into Word and it confirms it with a count of: 300 for the Left parenthesis ( and 296 ) Right hand parenthesis I've removed all extra ones that I added for mathematical grouping and priorities and anything and
[Deleted]
I rarely use Global Variables - https://docs.mql4.com/globals - and recently became interested in them for their ability to persist across optimization runs in Strategy Tester. My question is regarding the persistence of global variables - do they live on after strategy tester ends the optimization?...
  auto trail EA  (3)
can some one help me to see why this ea's trail stop not working properly
  negative balance  (87   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
How is it possible that the balance could go into deficit
Hi all, I want to Set & Change T/P for multiple Positions on the same pair. so that the T/P is the same for all. Is there any script for this ? or anybody generous coding it for me. Thanks
Hi, Can I create a script or EA that calculate and plot my average position price? TIA
Colleagues, Please advise why two indicators with identical mq4 code produce different picture on the chart? More precisely, what is the methodolody of indicator development, for two lines (one drawn in real-time and one produced by calculating completed bars) would be the same? Here is the...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to add a time condition to a custom indicator (essentially to only generate the alert during certain times of the day). I've had a read through some documentation and I understand that the time functions relate to seconds elapsed since 1/1/70. However, I can't seem to find an elegant...
[Deleted]
Hi, Does someone could explain the difference between EachTick and Complete bar ? My ea entrance is always too late . Here the part of the code when I enter long : previous close > SMA 20 & RSI(25)>70 double EnterLong1_1 = iClose (NULL, 0, Current + 0); double EnterLong1_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, 20, 0
[Deleted]
I'm having a problem in my hedge EA and would like someone to help me. When an order reaches SELLSTOP or BUYSTOP (hedge), the EA needs to remove the Take Profit of the first order. Thank you
[Deleted]
Hi there, Is it possible to have F12 STEP the graph tick by tick (interpolating data) ? Thanks, Guy
New Version: MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 226 Fixed displaying of pending orders for symbols with 3 decimal places. At 100 points before the execution price orders are highlighted red. The live update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.
[Deleted]
  Wu Wei EA  (8)
Hello all, I mentioned my system in the free section and decided to try my hand at coding. I wasn't sure how to program the start, but one of the EA's called MasterMartingale here gave me an idea. So I started to program and what I have so far seems pretty interesting. Keep in mind, I haven't...
[Deleted]
Hello and thank you. I'm new to the forum, so I'll try to make this compact and as tight as I can the first time around. I'd like to create an EA that uses Indicators in multiple time-intervals (M1, M5, M15, M30, H1 and H4). Can MT4 handle plotting something like a PSAR array in each chart?...
[Deleted]
Hello. I've been coding EAs for almost a year now, but all of them have used my original code to check closing prices and indicator values of the last closed bar. I am going to start from scratch on a volatility breakout EA and I "think" that I want/need to check "intrabar" prices and indicator...
[Deleted]
Hi All, According to the manual, after downloading the history with the download button, all the time frames are being recalculated accordingly (If I download all the minutes from 1999 than also the 5,15,..... 1w time frames database is recalculated and synced). I tried it, and it works perfectly....
[Deleted]
  Historical Data  (4)
Hi all, First post in the forums :) I've downloaded 1Mhistorical data from FXDD and I successfuly converted it to 5M and 15M using the scripts. Let's say now that my EA is running on a 15M graph, what is the granularity of the data sampled to the EA when i check the expert using the tester? Is the
[Deleted]
I'm having a problem in my hedge EA and would like someone to help me. When an order reaches SELLSTOP or BUYSTOP (hedge), the EA needs to remove the Take Profit of the first order. Thank you
- I open a multi lot order with OrderSend(). - I Ordermodify() it with no problem. - I close out 1 lot with OrderClose(). - Now when I try to modify the order which still has the remainder of the lots, I get an "unknown ticket for OrderModify() function" The ticket is open, OrderTicket() continues...
Hello, Sorry for asking one more question about Open Price, but my search in the forum didn't bring me a clear answer. I added this line to the start() of my EA: if (High[0] != Low[0] || Volume[0] > 1) return; The result, as expected, is that the backtesting is giving very close results on the...
Is it possible to have two charts of the same currency pair and same timeframe and on each chart to have a differnet ea running? Ofcourse, all on same platform. Thanks
On answering a question on IndexBuffer I realize I myself still don't have full grasp on the nature of regular arrays used in Indicators, So, I made a test to achieve that, and have the followings : - If I use a regular array (let's call it RegArray[]) to calculate on prices then an IndexBuffer...