Help needed please

Hi all, could anyone let me know a soloution, when I run a stratergy test my EA is programmed to take out both a buy and sell, so all is good there, however, when the EA is on the demo account it only makes one trade, a buy or sell, could anyone help with this problem, I am not governed with the no hedging policy and I am able to hedge, thanks CT

currencytrader:
Hi all, could anyone let me know a soloution, when I run a stratergy test my EA is programmed to take out both a buy and sell, so all is good there, however, when the EA is on the demo account it only makes one trade, a buy or sell, could anyone help with this problem, I am not governed with the no hedging policy and I am able to hedge, thanks CT

Who you with?

I trade with IBFX and the dont allow me to hedge. However they do allow me to have more than 1 account, so it is then possible to buy on the 1 platform and sell on the other.

777888999:

Who you with?

I trade with IBFX and the dont allow me to hedge. However they do allow me to have more than 1 account, so it is then possible to buy on the 1 platform and sell on the other.

Hi,I trade with Alpari and have spoken to them and there are no restrictions, I can take two different positions via their platform with the single account,CT

The problem is though, the EA does take out 2 trades at once on the strategy tester but when run on the demo, there is only 1 trade, it should be the 2 as per the strategy tester

It would have been most awesome had you included the source code (or part of it) in this post. If you're unwilling to make it public pick one of the most helpful members of this community and send him a pm WITH the source code.

IF you don't have the code (for example you bought the stuff and only have executable) then we're somewhat limited in what we can do for you.

forexCoder:

It would have been most awesome had you included the source code (or part of it) in this post. If you're unwilling to make it public pick one of the most helpful members of this community and send him a pm WITH the source code.

IF you don't have the code (for example you bought the stuff and only have executable) then we're somewhat limited in what we can do for you.

Hi FC, I had sent you a PM prior to seeing your post, sorry, I did see you had answerd some question before on the board, what I have done is taken the sample MAC and canabilised it to this, what i am looking for is 2 trades in opposite directions taken out at the same time, this part of the code does this, it looks messed up but it works on the tester just not running on the demo, it only takes one trade so it is functional, could it be changed to altered in a way you know works, thanks CT

FC, the trailing stop does not work on this EA, however my other EA that only makes a single trade,(exatly the same but the double orders to buy and sell at the same time are replaced with a single order) the trailing stop works, could it be fixed?, CT

Everything can be fixed :)) let me take a look.

forexCoder:
Everything can be fixed :)) let me take a look.

Nice one and thank you, did you get my PM?

Yes. PMed you back.
Reason: