MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 580

[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I'm developing an expert advisor that uses the stochastic (h1) and sar(d1) indicators. I noticed that sometimes the indicators return 0.0. Why does this happen? Thank you in adance
I know there is a heap of discussion on the net about server time vs local time . The snapshot attached shows what is generally talked  about and it seems there is no one indicator that will solve the question. What will be helpful to any Meta User is the ability to point the cursor( pointer /...
[Deleted]
Hi, I try write the code with limitation of one trade per minute, but it doesn't work (perhaps problem is with logic). I tried many versions with break, Sleep(). Have anyone any suggestions? thank you. datetime mt=TimeCurrent(); datetime mtoop=mt-PERIOD_M1*60;   Print("mtoop==",mtoop);   // current...
i want to learn to code indicators and ea s what you suggest me to learn i mean C, C++,JAVA...........etc give me good suggestion to learn as soon as good. thanks
Hello comrades. Please how do I increase font size in the parameters of the function "Comment()"? Thank you in advance.
  Double to int  (14   1 2)
How do I write this function without "possible loss of data due to type conversion" warning ? int S10;int StepIndex(int PosIndex)    {       if(OrderSelect(PosIndex,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES) == true)       S10 = NormalizeDouble(((Bid-OrderOpenPrice())/10*Point),0);       return(S10);    }
hi i am new in mql4 an i need to make an EA that get the Max and Min price in a period of time and as it goes. for example now it is 12:00 o'clock, and i need to check the highest price between 14:00 and 16:00 and if we would be in 15:00 , comment the max price in every tick. i write this, but it...
I have an issue when using several candle prices.If I use: Print(Close[33]); to print the value of a given candle, I get: 2016.05.04 11:17:55.733 Indicator - CADCHF,M15: 0.7507200000000001 This happens occasionally with some candles, not all. I've tried to limit the number of decimals, but still
HI How do I write that an variable is (or not) an integer, or my integer variable does not have value ?
Hey there,  this code crashes the EA with the message: Access violation write to 0x00000020 in '(...)EA.ex4'. WTF? string filename=NULL;string search="*";long handle=FileFindFirst(search,filename,FILE_COMMON);while (handle!=INVALID_HANDLE)      {      handle=FileFindNext(handle...
I was hoping someone could help me understand the strategy tester a little better (newbie here).  I've am using the OnTimer() function in my EA basically as follows:  - Every 1 second the OnTimer() function gets called  - I do stuff in that function  - After 10 iterations of that function (after 10...
[Deleted]
#property copyright "Copyright 2016, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"#property version   "1.00"#property strictextern int starthour = 9; void OnStart()  {  if ( Hour() == starthour)  {ordersendbuy();}elseAlert(GetLastError());  }void ordersendbuy(){double...
Hey there, on the one hand, it´s quite comfortable that MT4 allows for multiple logins, but it´s also a matter of security and can be a big problem, especially when we talk about EAs, Scripts etc. for support of manual trading. If a user has a VPS and a local system and if he uses both from time to...
[Deleted]
How to I type the symbol || for the or condition. I cannot seem to find that symbol on my keyboard. I tried many keys on my keyboard but can seem to get that symbol. Please help, thank you.
Hi,   I am trying to learn to code an EA starting with the basics using icustom and opening a position.   I am trying to simply open a position when the indicator signals long, if there is no position open. If there is to ignore....
[Deleted]
Can we control iEA ordersending function it is sending a lot of orders in a second.
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, Just got an EA running for 1 pair based on RSI.  It works when I use the pair on the chart in MT4.  However, when I try to apply it to multiple pairs, it doesn't seem to work.  I was hoping one of you nice folks could help me!  The codes are below for single and multiple pairs.  I've...
Hi,   I've purchased a system from a vendor online, but I cannot access the source code (I was given only the .exe files).   There are several indicators in the system that I'd like to know the code and conditions for (the general properties tell me nothing).   Is there a way to see the code?...
Friends, hello.   I wish someone could help me. I create the expert advisor in the file below. But I would like the expert advisor to execute only one order per bar. Can anyone help me with the code and where in the expert advisor I put these codes? 
Hello everyone.    I have a problem: i don't know how to code this expert advisor. It has to open a position when all rsi's timeframes are aligned. I'll explain better. Open buy when 15m to Monthly RSIs are >50 and sell the way around. Somebody can help me? I'm freaking out on how to code the...
Last modified on Sunday, November 23, 2008 Change summary: "Now using GNU GPL license for all client requests (changed text highlighted blue)... also some text removed." Hello, This post is to all traders who are looking for a freelance MQL4 programmer. So... If (you're not a programmer) and (you...
Help needed , I have a Expert advisor that need to read the crossing of Moving Average from a CCI[14] . I have two Moving average of 2 and 7 which i applied using  first indicator's data to the CCI[14]. From this link https://forum.mql4.com/55157 the only way to read the MA value is to create a...
I hope someone could help me, i'm stuck. currently i learning to write EA. 2 problems: i try to save extern inputs into a file, i notice we can save extern inputs into "*.set" file located at ...\experts\presets\*.set (so how to do this?) how to load extern inputs from previous saved setting when...
[Deleted]
  10 trade per day  (1)
I have check several forum but i did not get any solution to my problem. i am trying to build an EA which can only take 10 trade maximum or an other number of trade i want and it should wait for the closing of the rest trade. So can anyone help me regarding this problem.And also can anyone tell me
Hello, When I run my code at backtest for optimization, even skip useless result option is unchecked I can not see any negative results. Also there are 400 combination of my parameters but I just see at most 180 passes. as I said "skip useless result" is unchecked.  why could this be happened ?...
I am having an interesting issue where I call the Comment() function each time I get a new tick and instead of clearing the existing comment prior to writing the new comment it will simply write the new comment below the old comments.  Sooner or later the comments have filled the entire screen and...
Hello, Been using MT4 on Windows. Now want use Ubuntu to run several EAs simultaneously to test. Have copied folder from Windows and created three folders in Ubuntu. Folder 1: existing EA (still running on Windows XP laptop) Folder 2: new EA Folder 3: new EA All three terminals are running, logged...
Hey Guys, I'm actually writting my own Expert Advisor and want to draw something in the chart. Is there any option to do that, like in the picture below?     I know, that there is the possibility to draw a channel in the chart. But I think, this channel doesn't looks so good like the channel in the...
Hello there, I'm trying to run my MT4 terminals automatically on Windows startup through Services and Task Scheduler on my Windows Server 2012 dedicated server with no success. Looks like it is not possible to run MT4 as a service because it uses specific, user dir, so that user needs to be logged...
staff need help with the script that I leave here to download Hello. This script is the type OCO (Order cancels other) I am very grateful if anyone can help me with what I need. The script has just about everything you need to operate news, but the changes you need are the following. In...