Any backward-compatibility MT4 issues reported between build 229 and build 399? - page 2

ballenoz:
... an EX4 compiled in 399 crashes the terminal when run in 229, but a recompile of the identical source under 229 works fine. Are there known issues involved here?

Compilation under a later version has (almost) always caused the ex4 to crash in an earlier version of MT

-BB-

Compilation under a later version has (almost) always caused the ex4 to crash in an earlier version of MT

-BB-

Oh dear! Is this documented anywhere? The problem for us in releasing EX4s to work on all CURRENT releases of MT4, is that we may need to issue separate executables for different broker installs [ e.g. Alpari B229, GoMarkets B401 at the current time ]. What do you recommend?

I use the <oldest version in common use> to compile & distribute the .ex4 files
Testing of the <latest MT version> is kept separate..

-BB-

Thanks BB. I'll go with that now I know there are potential problems. Do you know of any instances where an EX4 from an early build [in common use] is incompatible with a later build?

Similar problem. I had a indicator that suddenly stopped working straight after updating to build 399 after the restart.

When I say 'stopped working', I mean the MT4 freezes- equivalent to a infinite while true loop. I did wait hours, MT4 continued to freeze. Nothing help- closing and reopening MT4, nor deleting the profile and freshly adding the indicator again.

Anyway, the indicator was extremely computational and memory intensive. I had to optimize it and I did and then it works again magically... I suspect that build 399 no longer support my 'abuse'...

Alpari has now upgraded to MT4 B402 [ the latest build ]. So what is the new baseline build for compiles?
Reason: