Anyway of backtesting multi currency EA?

Hi guys,

I know that multi currency EA cannot be tested on the default strategy tester.
Maybe anyone heard of some workaround ?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks BB!

This Virtual tester can be done even more simple if inserting the trades into a csv file.
And then transform the data to excel, and inside excel we can calculate and generate graphs and anything else we need!

.. sounds very complicated and cumbersome... I quess time to seriously consider another platform... I caccot believe MT4 backtesting is limited to data from one pair, that is just retarded!

It's not, you just can not get bar zero data for other timeframes/pairs.

WHRoeder:

WHRoeder:

Hmm. But iTimeSeries works ok on all TFs and pairs? Just not the last one?

luckyluke72:
.. sounds very complicated and cumbersome... I quess time to seriously consider another platform... I caccot believe MT4 backtesting is limited to data from one pair, that is just retarded!

WHRoeders statement is incorrect.. You CAN get OHLC history data for other pairs.... you just cant open trades other than the pair selected for backtesting. If using an indicator, you must also provide the time, Indicators cannot see TimeCurrent from the Strategy tester. To solve this you can set a global variable to Current Time through an EA.

What worked for me (inside indicator) was using Time[0] on M1 to get latest time then get iBarshift for desired timeframe. From there you can get anything from any pair, and you do not have to use global vars.

forexCoder:
What worked for me (inside indicator) was using Time[0] on M1 to get latest time then get iBarshift for desired timeframe. From there you can get anything from any pair, and you do not have to use global vars.

Have not tried that. Nevertheless you will lose the inter-minute OHLC readings (simulated algorithm of the backtester). It is my undertanding that Time [0] has no seconds; is that an incorrect assumption?As an afterthought, instead of using aglobal variable, you should use an object on the Chart. Reason: Global Variables are Platform global: If you are using the indicator on real time, you will have unpredictable result as Current Time on real mode is different than CurrentTime on Backtest. If you put the time on an object it will be restricted to the chart, thereby removing the conflict.

amm yes true, but I wasnt looking for them :P Another semi-serious question: do you guys really actually use intraminute ticks in EAs? Because I've recently come to realize that it's pointless to go into such small timeframes. My smallest TF that gives me any serious data is 5M and I normally trade (and act upon) M15 and then H1, H4 and D1. Anything below M5 is just noise to me. I'm not 2 familiar with scalping techniques so are they the ones using it?

Reason: