I need help with a relatively simple EA

I am a trader who is trying to step into the EA world. I used a free online EA builder to create a buy strategy when one MA crosses up and over another MA. That works. I then was able to create the sell strategy EA when the MA crosses down. But when I try to create the buy and sell strategy together in the same EA it doesn't work. I'm actually only trying to use the EA as a signal sender to my email that an MA cross has occured. So if anyone has any suggestions or has an MA cross EA with email alert that allows me to modify the MA values, please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

I don't recommend using an EA generator. if(ma_p < ma_c && ma_c > ma_p){ email(); timeStamp; }. Thats the general format for ma-cross-over. If you run into problems setting up your email then try using the email address provided by your internet service provider.

ubzen:
I don't recommend using an EA generator. if(ma_p < ma_c && ma_c > ma_p){ email(); timeStamp; }. Thats the general format for ma-cross-over. If you run into problems setting up your email then try using the email address provided by your internet service provider.

Hi Ubzen,

thanks for responding. I'm not a programmer so if you think I shouldn't use an EA generator what do you recommend? You posted some code which I appreciate but I don't have a clue what to do with it.

adagio:
but I don't have a clue what to do with it.
Learn to code or pay someone.

WHRoeder:
Learn to code or pay someone.

I'm digging in to the tutorials and I appreciate your comments. But in the mean time, if anyone has a finished EA that I could tinker with and would also notify me via email when a simple MA crosses up/down, this would help me right away to organize my time. By the way, I do have a great respect for those who can do things I am not able to do, "like programmers". So thanks for any help in advance.

I would think that most (> 95%) of people here are not "programmers" or Software Engineers, they are self taught.

It's quite interesting that many, many people want to be "Traders" and are happy to try and learn how . . . but not many want to be Software Engineers so do not want to learn . . .

I like your attitude adagio. But allow me to be frank. If you think you're gonna create a profitable EA without learning how-to code then forget about it.

adagio:

I am a trader who is trying to step into the EA world. I used a free online EA builder to create a buy strategy when one MA crosses up and over another MA. That works. I then was able to create the sell strategy EA when the MA crosses down. But when I try to create the buy and sell strategy together in the same EA it doesn't work. I'm actually only trying to use the EA as a signal sender to my email that an MA cross has occured. So if anyone has any suggestions or has an MA cross EA with email alert that allows me to modify the MA values, please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

i am in the relatively good mood 2day... let know exactly what u need... step by step "logic"... i ll do it for u with a pleasure.

at least you tried... it is what count.