MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1105

[Deleted]
2 accounts 1 demo 1 real VPS same broker. It looks to me like my EA in my real account is not being initialized. I have a comment in my Init() section that displays The magic number on the chart, I only see that in the demo chart. The EA is should send an email telling me that its loaded and ready...
  help please  (1)
Hello people, i am looking for someone to either, show me how i can get the live data from the charts off and put into excel format csv or comma, so i can use this for a another charting prog i have, or someone program for me to be able to do this. Of course i am happy to pay something towards your...
Dear Guru's; I have a simple EA that calls up iStochastic for the previous bar. The %K line is exactly right when checked via the subsequent print statement. However the %D line is way off and does not correspond to any nearby bars. I have tried using both "MODE_SIGNAL" as well as "1" in the mode...
i'm trying to create a chart for a pair that doesn't exist (of course in the company i'm working with), so i took the "period_converter" indicator & made some modification (file attached) i got in the expert tab zero divide & doesn't working what can be the problem thanks for your help
Hi, can I do a stategy test from my ea, which uses file-functions? The ea reads the different ordersettings from the txt-files. Thank you!
[Deleted]
I have a general question for those who have already developped and tried their own EAs and have some experience with automated trading ... Do you find zig-zag approach useful for automated / semiautomated trading? Are zig-zag based EAs performing well (if done by professionals)? Is zig-zag worth
[Deleted]
I know I am asking basic + stupid thing but I can’t help myself: I need to refer to a concrete bar on the time line and get its properties. For instance: I would like to get a High (highest price of the bar), if, the only thing I know about the bar is it's coming from 2011.10.07 21:31 (let’s...
  MQL4 Bug??  (1)
if(iBarShift(Symbol(),Period(),OrderOpenTime()<1)) for some unbeknown reason, the above nonsense no error.
Suppose you create an EA. A very, very simple EA, with just a simple, one logic. Run on the tester, and it turns out the worser, the better. This becomes your "Evil Grail ". Next, just reverse that evil grail's logic. Continue with the next logic... Will this be an easier approach to have a better
[Deleted]
does any of metatrader4 mobiles on zip, smartphone or pc require any application before it could run on wm 6.1 device.i tried installing the device downloaded thru instaforex site but all efforts to no avail. the process requests that i run an (unknown) app before downloading the file (metatrader4...
It is possible to test the odd time frame ( 2,3,8,12 etc.) time frame on mt4 strategy tester if it then how ? or any method for that ? that will also help full for me
I have programmed an indicator with graphical objects. It calculates the values from the past and the "last state" is very important for the working on... But my rules for the past didn't work in the future This it the main-loop in the chart function is    int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();...
  Last update  (1)
When wil these idiots from MetaTrader react and repair their last update ?! realy what an arrogant little %$%^&&& they are unreal
Hey guys, As we all know, one day every trading-system will die. I try to find out a good way/indikator/signal that shows me when its time to switch off my trading-system. i heard that some algo-traders use a moving average on the equity-curve. looking forward hearing from you some tips&trick
[Deleted]
I wrote a trading strategy on EUR/USD pair . Back testing over a 3 year history yealds pretty good results. My question is how accurate is the data downloaded from mql4 database? Thanks
Hi, Is there someone know have any indicator or script which will alert when the EA closed the order and where can I find it?
[Deleted]
New to MQL and coding in general. Learning along. All Im really looking for is a script that alerts me when macd reaches certain levels and alerts me when i put in a macd value also. Thanks for any help
Hello, If you search on the internet for the definitions of pip and lot, you will get SLIGHT different answers. When it comes to fx, accuracy is critical, so let take a closer look. Most websites say 1 pip = 0.0001 for most currency pair except those */JPY (0.01) while Point in mql4/5 has value 0...
[Deleted]
  Simple line - hard to code  (11   1 2)
Hi, i just have seems the simple probleme but canot slove it so simple :/ look lets take an ex: double price = Ask; if(CountOrders(MagicNumber,OP_BUY) == 0 && PRICE == LEVEL) here price is curent price, level is my input that i want, for example line or something, so that is working, its all ok.the...
[Deleted]
any one help me to put close all open orders & delete all pending orders & stop the EA......... when the equity > 20 $ or < -20 $ #include <stdlib.mqh>#include <WinUser32.mqh>// exported variablesextern double BuyLots2 = 0.01;extern int BuyStoploss2 = 0;extern int BuyTakeprofit2 = 500;extern...
Hello, Thanks again with your help while I am learning MQL. Here is my next problem.... I am SOOOO close on this one.... I have it doing everything that I want it to... However it is modifying the SLs on EVERYTICK if the GAP is over this criteria, rather than just EXECUTING ONCE... It is a very
I have this function stored as library function. It is import in a header file: double  hseGambit(double aPrice[], double bPrice[], int deal1=0, int deal2=0, int players=-1); My question is about those 3 int parameters (highlighted in red) set to respective default values. If the EA call the fuction...
[Deleted]
Hello gurus,experts and everyone else, I would like to know how to create a custom mt4 chart. I want to generate a chart and remove all inside bars from the chart. Is there already a tool or script which allow me to do so? Awaiting your kind reply. Thank you
how to find this particular bar/candle where the moving average is crossed (see the snap)
[Deleted]
Apologies if this has been answered before but the search function keeps coming up with error messages. I would like the chart lines for buy/sell, TP ans SL to remain on the chart once the trade is finished (stop loss hit..) to quickly assess what happened. But they disappear as soon as they trade...
Hi, I followed the tutorial at: http://eareview.net/tick-data and can now get 99% modelling quality, but the bar is red meaning that only data from the timeframe I was running the EA was used. Is this a bad thing?! Does it mean the results are not accurate? Perhaps I need to generate FXT files for
Hi guys, I am fairly new to the forum and still learning MQ4 (thanks for the support with that too ;) ) I couldn't resist writing a post for something completely different, please forgive me if it is too cheesy!!! (It can slip down the list unanswered or moderators are welcome to delete if nobody...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm quite new to EA and bots and have been quite confused as to how they work. What i don't seem to grasp is how does the EA/robot automatically enter Buy and Sell signals? For instance, say, i have a US$ 2,000 Forex trading account. The brokerage gives a 50:1 or 100:1 leverage (Note that I...
[Deleted]
what happen to my mt4?my internet connection is ok but cant connect with server? n i have open position..ive tried to refresh n many thing but still failed to connect.. is the server have problem or not? anyone facing the same problem?