What is this all about?! - page 15

rewrote my post a bit.

vasya_vasya:

I am not twisting the law. I know where it can and cannot be applied.

Let's look at the buying and selling process itself from the beginning, as soon as the trader thinks of doing something, I think we should identify some strict rules, which should certainly be present in the financial markets, excluding any trader, regardless of his scale and capabilities, from taking a momentary random profit.

1. the trader presses the SELL button and immediately pays the cost of the service provided in the form of a spread and commits to a single act of buying and selling.

He commits to sell at the market entry price C1, specified in the lot, the purchased product at an as yet unknown price C2, which is hoped to be set in the market in the future. If the SL and TP are set, it is respectively equal to them, but do not know the time of their installation on the market. 3.

The Trader decides that the price C2 has settled on the market and closes the deal by buying the specified volume at this price C2 and simultaneously sells it at price C1. You do not buy or sell the goods separately. Therefore, those who say "I bought" or "I sold" are wrong. Specifically, Ts2=SL or Ts2=TP.

Now consider the consequences of pressing the BAY button:

1. See 1p.

2. he commits that he is ready to buy at the market entry price C1, specified in the specified lot, sold him the product at an as yet unknown price C2, which hopefully will be set in the market in the future. If the SL and TP are set, it is respectively equal to them, but do not know the time of their installation on the market. 3.

The Trader decides that the price is set at the price C2 and closes the deal by selling the volume at this price C2, bought at the price C1. The acts of buying or selling alone do not occur separately in this case either. Specifically, C2=SL or C2=TP.

Demi:

I'm for it, but they won't let me! Apply from a distance, they'll accuse you of plagiarism and kick you in the neck.
Yeah, they're no fools in Sweden.

asimox:

1. Let's say I open a position upwards. --- I move the price up

2. I close a long position --- I move the price down

3. I close a long position on take profit --- I shift the price down. --- I shift the price down.

4. I catch a loss on the long position --- I shift the price down

Is this the right way to do it? Who is competent in these matters, please comment.

There is a simple rule: you change the price towards your deal. If you buy, the price goes up; if you sell, the price goes down. It does not matter what initiated the buy or sell: a stop loss, take profit, a pending stop order or a market order. A more detailed explanation was already given 100 years ago here. You've just made a bloody mess out of it.

When I went to university, the competition for finance and credit was higher. The law of supply and demand applies here, but there are specifics which I personally have yet to get to grips with.

Demi:

Always and everywhere in forex. Regardless of the timeframe. Only supply and demand and nothing more.

I agree and would like to add. If traders play Sell they can contribute to the price movement upwards when their stops are triggered (the method of closing is not important). A StopLoss Sell order affects the market in the same way as a Buy order. They sell at a low price and buy at a high one. There is no contradiction to the law of supply and demand. And it is quite possible that the majority will play against the trend, but their money will not overpower the minority (or banks). Closing their orders will reinforce the trend and replenish the pockets of the minority.

yosuf:

Let's look at the buying and selling process itself from the beginning, as soon as the trader has something in mind, I think we should identify some hard rules that should certainly be present in the financial markets that preclude any trader, regardless of his scale and capabilities, from taking a momentary random profit.

1. the trader presses the SELL button and immediately pays the cost of the service provided in the form of a spread and commits to one act of buying and selling.

He commits to sell at the market entry price C1, specified in the lot, the purchased product at the unknown price C2, which hopefully will be set in the market in the future. If the SL and TP are set, it is respectively equal to them, but do not know the time of their installation on the market. 3.

The Trader decides that the price C2 has settled on the market and closes the deal by buying the specified volume at this price C2 and simultaneously sells it at price C1. You do not buy or sell the goods separately. Therefore, those who say "I bought" or "I sold" are wrong. Specifically, C2=SL or C2=TP.

Now consider the consequences of pressing the BAY button:

1. See 1p.

2. he commits that he is ready to buy at the market entry price C1, specified in the specified lot, sold him the product at an as yet unknown price C2, which hopefully will be set in the market in the future. If the SL and TP are set, it is respectively equal to them, but do not know the time of their installation on the market. 3.

The Trader decides that the price is set at the price C2 and closes the deal by selling the volume at this price C2, bought at the price C1. The acts of buying or selling alone do not occur separately in this case either. Specifically, C2=SL or C2=TP.

Yusuf, don't get bogged down in the execution mechanism of this logic. Reality - I need to buy, I suck up liquidity, I need to sell, I throw it on the market and depreciate. All kinds of pending orders are not market orders (they also become market orders when they are executed). Moreover, at different stages of interaction, there is a flip... The first level - such interest, the second - such, and the third - another. But the law is still at work, a mess (well excuse me, I am a cook, I have my private opinion), does not happen at this stage. This law works and all actions of disconnected participants are conditioned by it.

yosuf:

Let's look at the buying and selling process itself from the beginning, as soon as the trader has something in mind, I think we should identify some hard rules that should certainly be present in the financial markets that preclude any trader, regardless of his scale and capabilities, from taking a momentary random profit.

1. the trader presses the SELL button and immediately pays the cost of the service provided in the form of a spread and commits to one act of buying and selling.

He commits to sell at the market entry price C1, specified in the lot, the purchased product at the unknown price C2, which hopefully will be set in the market in the future. If the SL and TP are set, it is respectively equal to them, but do not know the time of their installation on the market. 3.

The Trader decides that the price C2 has settled on the market and closes the deal by buying the specified volume at this price C2 and simultaneously sells it at price C1. You do not buy or sell the goods separately. Therefore, those who say "I bought" or "I sold" are wrong. Specifically, Ц2=СЛ or Ц2=ТP.

Let's look at the properties of trading instruments - symbols.

What do we see? We see the word contract. What does this word mean? It means that there are some unfulfilled obligations. It means that two parties (two counterparties) have agreed between them to make a deal (an act) of buying and selling. The transaction has not yet been completed, but the contract (agreement) to complete it already exists. And when we press the button "Buy" or "Sell" we make an act of buying or selling contracts (agreements) on the "sale-purchase" and immediately pay the cost of the service provided in the form of a half-spread. Thus we do not buy or sell currencies, but contracts. Moreover, the contracts are virtual, because in reality they do not exist (or rather they do, but as if they did). That is, we trade in virtual reality. Simply put, we buy and sell quotes. And to make it even simpler, we make bets. Bets on growth or decline. If we make a bet on growth, the price goes up as a consequence of our action, if we make a bet on the fall, the price goes down. It is as simple as that. The price changes in the direction of our desires (our will - the work of the mind, to fulfill the desire).

Then another question arises. Why are our desires, not fulfilled (or rather, not always fulfilled)? Of course, this is a separate topic. But in brief. There is a Law of Karma. That's what it's all about. Karma gets in the way. It's cursed and it doesn't give.

"One of the principles of the Law of Karma is that it is not its own creation. What is meant by 'own creation'? It is an action performed by a person that does not directly produce a result. In other words, only by the mutual intertwining of the three aspects: the action, the conditions under which those conditions were performed and their object, the right result is obtained for the first time." (c)

With actions we have dealt with above.

The conditions are karma (context).

And what is the "object"? The object is other market participants. With their will and their desires and their karma. So their will and desires we must also consider in our actions.

ratnasambhava:

We look at the properties of trading tools - symbols.

What do we see? We see the word contract there. What does that word mean? It means that there are some unfulfilled obligations yet to be fulfilled. That is, two parties (two counterparties) have agreed between them to make a transaction (act) of buying and selling. The transaction has not yet been completed, but the contract (agreement) to complete it already exists. And when we press the button "Buy" or "Sell" we make an act of buying or selling contracts (agreements) on the "sale-purchase" and immediately pay the cost of the service provided in the form of a half-spread. Thus we do not buy or sell currencies, but contracts. Moreover, the contracts are virtual, because in reality they do not exist (or rather they do, but as if they did). That is, we trade in virtual reality. Simply put, we buy and sell quotes. And to make it even simpler, we make bets. Bets on growth or decline. If we make a bet on growth, the price goes up as a consequence of our action, if we make a bet on the fall, the price goes down. It is as simple as that. The price changes in the direction of our desires (our will - the work of consciousness, to fulfil the desire).

Then another question arises. Why our wishes do not come true (or rather, they do not always come true)? Of course, this is a separate topic. But in brief. There is a Law of Karma. That's what it's all about. Karma gets in the way. It's cursed and it doesn't give.

"One of the principles of the law of karma is that it is not its own creation. What is meant by 'own creation'? It is an action performed by a person which does not produce a direct result. In other words, only by the mutual intertwining of the three aspects: the action, the conditions under which those conditions were performed and their object, the right result is obtained for the first time." (c)

With actions we have dealt with above.

Conditions are karma (context).

And what is an "object"? An object is other marketers. With their will and their desires and their karma. It is their will and desires that we must also consider in our actions.

And you're all demand, supply... Karma's a powerful thing.))

ratnasambhava: And when we press the "Buy" or "Sell" button, we commit the act of buying orselling contracts, and we immediately pay the price of the service provided in the form of a half-spread.
Good karma for you, you only pay half of the spread...
Reason: