Technical Indicators - page 129

Hello guys,   As I was studying the code for MACD, I came across the iMA functions which the manual says return the MA handle, however as I google search MA handle it appears there is no such thing... Can anyone illuminate me what exactly is an MA handle, and hence what exactly does iMA do...?   I...
  indicator_buffer  (3)
Hello guys, I am new to MQL5 and I am reading over the 4000 pages long manual... but I just cannot figure out what indicator_buffer means... Can anyone illuminate me on that? Thank you! Regards, Bosco
The market direction depends on which type of fractal has broken last In order to determine the market direction, find the last broken up fractal and the last broken down fractal. Determine which of these two fractals broke last. If the up fractal broke last, the market direction is up. If the down
How to hide indicator in data window by MQL5 code
  Code Failure  (1)
Hi! I have added the following indicator to my chart: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/83 Normally, only the lines of the current currency lines should be "lines" and have "width 2". But at the moment if i open EURUSD for example, EUR and USD are marked. Switching to GBPJPY for example, only GBP...
Hi All: I see lots of articles on this site on how to interface with MatLab, ENCOG and other such Neural Network engines using CSV, DDE, DLLs, and other such things, which is great. What I am wondering is if anyone has seen a neural net package written in native metaquates language? I have been...
[Deleted]
The goal is to pick the best indicators set. The challenge is to combine indicators in a smart way. This means that indicators should deliver different type of information about the market and confirm each other rather than duplicate signals. When two or more indicators provide identical information...
Hi is there any way that someone can add an email alert to this indicator. Thanks in advance. George
Do you know about autochartist indicator from liteforex?? Liteforex have create great indicator that very smart to calculate the technical analysis on chart.. It can improve the trading strategy. Let's find it on liteforex broker..
Hello I have this two EA and what to edit them. Trendmeleaveme i want it just to trade one trade per line. So if price goes up and down it wont make several trades. Jut one trade per line. So if i put a line on chart it will triger order one order and no more orders for that line. I want to plot two...
Hi, is there a way to pass the reason for deinitializiation to the new initialization process? The only way I can think of is using global terminal variables. Sven
Hi is it possible to create 1. an indicator to lie down below in a separate window (created from my own non price data) 2. and then for another technical indicator to be created from the output of the first indicator to lie on top of the price data 3. For the second indicator to be laid as an...
This has me baffled. I'm drawing a horizontal line on my chart, and allowing the user to select and drag it to vary a value. I'm handling a CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG event, and the object is recognized, raises the event, and passes the name of the object in the sparam. But when I do an...
I created a custom indicator for mt4 and then converted to mt5 In mt4 it works well, not yet in mt5 but when I go to the Indicator List it shows the word (Debugging) on the right side of my indicator's name. I am not debugging so why this? Thanks
Hello people! I'm wondering how to get the best settings for an indicator. I don't know how to get it. I was trying creating an EA just using this indicator and getting the bests results. The EA was only created to get the best settings for this indicator. After that, I realized that it wasn't...
What is the problem causing this error message? MetaEditor 5.00 Build 883 / MetaTrader 4 Build 604 //+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link "http://www.mql5.com"#property version "1...
Hi, As in the topic, I need to use indicators in MQl4 in Forex Tester2 but this program can only open files in dll. and opt. Is there some easy way to solve this problem? I'm new with Forex trading, I'm not a programmer and I don't have skills to rewrite those files by myself. Does anybody ever...
Hi Friends, Is there someone out there who got a customized MACD crosover indicator, like this one. http://www.onlinetradingconcepts.com/TechnicalAnalysis/MACD2.html I've will be very thankful for one. Best Regards Martin Schmidt - Avifauna@live.dk
First, hello all! I have just joined and this is my first post... So for my question, does anyone have a Chandelier Trailing Stop Indicator available to download for MT4? Thanks.
Hi, Could anyone please help me understand what PlotIndexSetInteger() function does and its parameters? Documentation section of this site doesn't explain it too well. I'm looking at the code of MACD indicator... any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Hi! I´m looking for a indicator that will draw multiple lines on a chart based on prices put in a external file. If the external file is called "EURUSD.cvs" and have this content: ------------------ Orange lines: 1.3870 1.3736 1.3743 1.4046 1.3867 Red lines: 1.4118 1.4078 1.4068 Green lines: 1.3818...
I need a indicator like this http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:volume_by_price http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:price_by_volume But I didn't find anything in mql.
Could someone please point me toward a EA will automatically calculate my lot size based on set percentage risk? (after I tell it stop loss in pip)
How can I run a script/indicator without the icon showing up on the chart? Under which conditions does it show up, anyway? Thx, Sven
Big "Hello" to the whole community! I would like to know if there is a function in mql5 to disable these little pop-up windows appearing if the mouse moves over price bars (see attachment). Regards leira
Could anyone shed some light on this error, I am adding an example code #property indicator_chart_windowint OnInit(){ double dVol = 1.0; double dMargin = 0.0; double dAsk = SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_ASK); if(!OrderCalcMargin(ORDER_TYPE_BUY,_Symbol,dVol,dAsk,dMargin)) {...
Mt4 not recognize Any Type Of The Imported Indicators,Expert Adviser And Template I Changed My MT4 ,I Tried various Platform But Still Is Like Before Please Please Assist Me!!!! My Windows Is 7-64 bit-cor i3 Thank You So Much
Hi! I programmed in C++ 20 years ago when I was still at university. And honestly, either I don't remember much, or the syntax has really changed a lot. To get me started on the road to recovery I would like to ask for basic coding help. I want to simply make an exercise indicator that simply...
Does anyone have unusual methods/indicators for determining the trend? For example, I sometimes use Relative vigor index to determine the trend - below zero downtrend and vice versa.