JLPi Grid EA - page 4

jlpi:
Yes I have backtested it on USDJPY H1

Attached is the result. Not marvelous but steady. I requires of course a certain account size.

The trend following EA's are personal ones. And I don't give them for free to the community because it has required a lot of time (not to code but to find the proper ideas) and the key idea didn't come from a forum.

JLPI your back tests are done on one of the active pairs yet the EA shows only 306 trades on two years and only 7000 gross profit ? not very good

I think you should review the risk and/or filters used in the EA to allow more trades ...

Good luck

jlpi:
TP = Interval - spread so as a default 100 - 4 = 96 No Stop Loss. (the idea is that the profits taken balance to a certain extent the open losses. that's why it needs to be kept conservative, because of "to a certain extent")

Ok, so your talking about TP = TrendInterval - Spread, I have TrendInterval set to 70 and Spread is 4 = 66, correct? Can I change the spread as well or is that what I have to check with the broker to see if they use 3-5 spread, correct?

Now for SL, can I put a value on that? You say "Kept Conservative", what settings control this? Percent, MultiplierTrenInterval and Risk?

Thanks

MiniMe:
JLPI your back tests are done on one of the active pairs yet the EA shows only 306 trades on two years and only 7000 gross profit ? not very good

I think you should review the risk and/or filters used in the EA to allow more trades ...

Good luck

Thanks for the comment but I don't really agree with your conclusions.

The objective is not to make as many trades as possible but to make profit.

70 % in 2 years is not so bad even is not like the "grail EAs". Instead of increasing the risk it would probably better to run the same EA on several pairs then you will have more trades and more profit with a risk that should remain lower than if you increase the risk factor.

Personaly my most successful EA (trend following) trades in average once a week and I am very very happy with it, even with only 100 trades in 2 years but of course much bigger profit %.

matrixebiz:
Ok, so your talking about TP = TrendInterval - Spread, I have TrendInterval set to 70 and Spread is 4 = 66, correct? Can I change the spread as well or is that what I have to check with the broker to see if they use 3-5 spread, correct?

Now for SL, can I put a value on that? You say "Kept Conservative", what settings control this? Percent, MultiplierTrenInterval and Risk?

Thanks

You can change the spread, but I think that you can keep the default value, it will not change much if you put few pips more.

There is no SL. The main setting that control "conservative" is Risk. If you increase it too much you account can be wipped out.

Percent correspond to the increase in equity before you close all the positions open. So the lowest the more conservative (but less influence than Risk)

MultiplierTrendInterval is the extension of the interval when the market is ranging. So the biggest the more conservative. (but less influence than Risk)

jlpi:
Thanks for the comment but I don't really agree with your conclusions.

The objective is not to make as many trades as possible but to make profit.

70 % in 2 years is not so bad even is not like the "grail EAs". Instead of increasing the risk it would probably better to run the same EA on several pairs then you will have more trades and more profit with a risk that should remain lower than if you increase the risk factor.

Personaly my most successful EA (trend following) trades in average once a week and I am very very happy with it, even with only 100 trades in 2 years but of course much bigger profit %.

if that is your concept of an EA then you are better off living on the sawp rate

I would rater buy US/JAP pairs and collect the sawp interest, read this postmostly will end up with the same results if not better.

good luck in your approach

Hi, MiniMe!

Now lets say the market went to its ever low value which is 80 and the current value is 116.77 so lets say the market went all the way against you that would be 116.77-80=36.77 that would be 3677 pips now let calc. (.3) lots x 3677= that is 1103.1 $ But don't forget that for the market to reach its ever low value which was on 1995 , it would take lets say about 4 to 5 years to do that, the price just does not drop that sudden, beside we are already trading on the low side of this pair.

As I know, 1 pip for 0.1 lot = $1, so in that case you get ($1 x 3 minilots) x 3677 = $11 031, not $1103,1. That is why the return will be much less.

Trader83:
Hi, MiniMe! As I know, 1 pip for 0.1 lot = $1, so in that case you get ($1 x 3 minilots) x 3677 = $11 031, not $1103,1. That is why the return will be much less.

yes it was written already you just wrote it back, but if you read it all, that is only the sawp rate not the profit....even that you got to sleep and do nothing insted or waiting more than a month to see a trade.

Man 300 trades on 3 years and on backtests ??? what happen if your computer miss 15% of those trades for some reason or another, or what happens when the EA takes the trade in the wrong direction like what we saw a couple of posts back, we are talking about an average of 1 trade per month if your lucky (its less than one trade per month) ... this EA is waiting a wake up call to make a trade ?

MiniMe:
yes it was written already you just wrote it back, but if you read it all, that is only the sawp rate not the profit....even that you got to sleep and do nothing insted or waiting more than a month to see a trade. Man 300 trades on 3 years and on backtests ??? what happen if your computer miss 15% of those trades for some reason or another, or what happens when the EA takes the trade in the wrong direction like what we saw a couple of posts back, we are talking about an average of 1 trade per month if your lucky (its less than one trade per month) ... this EA is waiting a wake up call to make a trade ?

I think you need to go back to school

300 trades in 3 years (36 months) is not an average of 1 trade per month !

But you know if you don't like it, no problem, just leave this thread, there are plenty of others with many trades per day...

The EA is provided for free (it looks that lately some people only publish the ex4 or provide the EA to a small group of people, so at least here you get everything) and if people don't like it, it is their right but if some people are interested, maybe you can stop agressing them.

MiniMe:
You dont seems to understand forex what I said that you will miss some of the trades about 15% beside you don't always have your orders filled, add to that your lossing trades you will end up with nothing Waiting this EA to make a (winning ) trade is like waiting turtles to make love , and looking for the last couple of trades I rather wait to watch turtles making love.

So please, go to play with your turtles and leave us alone.

Thanks

jlpi:
I think you need to go back to school

300 trades in 3 years (36 months) is not an average of 1 trade per month !

But you know if you don't like it, no problem, just leave this thread, there are plenty of others with many trades per day...

The EA is provided for free (it looks that lately some people only publish the ex4 or provide the EA to a small group of people, so at least here you get everything) and if people don't like it, it is their right but if some people are interested, maybe you can stop agressing them.

You dont seems to understand forex what I said that you will miss some of the trades about 15% beside you don't always have your orders filled, add to that your lossing trades you will end up with nothing

Waiting this EA to make a (winning ) trade is like waiting turtles to make love , and looking for the last couple of trades I rather wait to watch turtles making love, than seeing a slow EA makes 6 losses in a row ...note that each loss is bigger than the other although the lot size was smaller ..does not look like a smart job, you got your profit on the wrong side

Reason: