Range Indicators - page 4

thanks derik,

but that indi only exports while chart is running.

What i need is tool when i put the period say 1 year, and tell it the range of say 0gmt to 5gmt, it has to give me average pips of the range over a year.

derikb:
Hi, try this indicator. It writes a file to your expert\files directory with the name mt4 data.csv You can open this file in excel. It will write the range highest - lowest from 13:00 to 16:00 (not including the 16:00 bar) to the file.

If you want the data only for 13:00 to 14:00 (this for 1 hour) just change start to 13 and stop to 14.

Just copy to your indicator directory and attach to your chart. Remove it from your chart and open your file in the expert\files directory. The indicator will only work for hourly data.

Regards

Derik

Maybe in this range thread somebody could help you.

Average Range

Try this and see if it is what you require - the color of the Open to Hi and Open to Low change depending on the trend, the text size and type can also be altered.

21/01/2008

I have added the options to shift text UP & DOWN from CORNER to CORNER & into an INDICATOR WINDOW - Use the Corner shift 1st then adjust with the other shift options & for the AV_Window option -

1 = the top indicator window

2= the 2nd indicator window etc.

average_range.ex4

01/02/2008

Added feature to show previous range on up to 20 bars,

Under inputs the number of bars to be displayed can be selected here - Num_Prev_Bars = 0; Note; 0 = No bars of info displayed and 5 = 5 bars 11 = 11 bars up to 20 bars.

average_range_v1.ex4

Files:

Average Range v1

I Have posted an updated version of this indicator on Post #24 which shows the previous bars info up to 20 bars back from the current bar

cja

Files:
av_range2.gif  72 kb

20 = 69/25

What exactly does 69 and 25 mean in the previous message?

Thank you.

cja:
This should make those settings a little clearer, the Daily indicator was used in the original thread for the TSR Daily Average System, from memory there is a fairly detailed explanation of the settings in that thread somewhere near to the start.

RAvg = (R1+R5+R10+R20)/4;

low0 = iLow(NULL,PERIOD_MN1,0);

high0 = iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_MN1,0);

RoomUp = RAvg - (Bid - low0)/Point;

RoomDown = RAvg - (high0 - Bid)/Point;

StopLoss_Long = RoomUp/Risk_to_Reward_ratio;

SL_Long = Bid - StopLoss_Long*Point;

StopLoss_Short = RoomDown/Risk_to_Reward_ratio;

SL_Short = Bid + StopLoss_Short*Point;

cja

Please post the link to the thread that you referenced.

Thank you.

Link to TSR

TheRumpledOne:
Please post the link to the thread that you referenced. Thank you.

Hi TRO

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

cja

Number info

TheRumpledOne:
20 = 69/25

What exactly does 69 and 25 mean in the previous message?

Thank you.

Hi TRO

69 / 25 means that 20 bars ago (in this example 20 Days ago) the Range above the Open was 69 and below the Open was 25

cja

cja:
Hi TRO

69 / 25 means that 20 bars ago (in this example 20 Days ago) the Range above the Open was 69 and below the Open was 25

cja

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I appreciate your help.

Seems like we have the same ideas about range.

21/01/2008

I have added the options to shift text UP & DOWN from CORNER to CORNER & into an INDICATOR WINDOW - Use the Corner shift 1st then adjust with the other shift options & for the AV_Window option -

1 = the top indicator window

2= the 2nd indicator window etc.

HI CJA

May i ask you for a big favor please?

Could you please do the same improvments that you did in the AVAREGE RANGE to Re-do it too (please) for this indicator attached down ..(You already improve it befor some time ago)..but i need it with the same option like you did in avarege range...I DO NOT KNOW WHY IT DOES NOT WORK WITH ME ANYMORE..

I have an idea,that as you see in the attached pictur,the news calender can tell and have littel notes of how is the mentioned news it could effect the crruncy pairs which it related to the news...

well,as long as mostly we know if the news comes to help this crruncy(FOR EXAMPLE:JPY) WE KNOW THAT ANY PAIR INCLUDE THIS CURRENY WILL MOVE ...and this moves is depend how much the difference between the forcast and actual and the expectations..and we also know that the moves will be larger when the different is larger,smaller if the differences is smaller..etc..

The idea is:

why you (or anybody) do not add some kind of arrows that apears on the bars to tell the expecting direction...and draw a strait line AS A TARGET(since we can make a resonable imaginations of the pair moves..e.i:strong news could move the pair about 70-120 pip..Medium news make the pair move about 30-50 pip...if the same number of the expections as forcast the could move it littel then..if it is negative that means the pair will change the direction..and so on)...

THEN,WHEN THE NEWS CAME AND DECLEARED, the indicator will count the differences quickly as i mentioned above and draw another lines to show us where is the new direction and the new estimated targets..(YOU CAN USE EVEN TEXT TO SAY FOR EXAMPLE:STRONG MOVE..OR EVEN RANK IT AS PERSENAGES:STRONG 78%..MEDIUM 67%..CHANGING DIRECTION 81%..SO ON)of course the text appear one time befor the news then second time after the news (you can creat an option to either keep both texts BEFOR\AFTER..or remove the BEFOR NEWS TEXT and just remain the new arrows,texts,targets lines..and remove the old one..... ).

(that is according to the expectations)

IT COULD DRAW THE WHOLE MAPE OF THE PAIR WEEKLY

(i am looking for skilled programmer like you and everyone to try it)

I WISH THAT EVERYBODY PUT HIS\HER THINKING TO MAKE IT BETTER IDEA AND BETTER INDICATOR...I HOPE SO!!

I THINK THIS WILL CHANGE MANY THINGS AT EVERY EYE LOOKING AT THE CHART..WE CAN SAY"GOODBYE NEWS FEARS"

Thank you very much..

Files:
Reason: