JLPi Grid EA - page 12

alllive:
Does anyone know just a simple EA that will buy on a grid I choose as the market goes down and sell as it goes up and that I can choose just BUY, just SELL, or both?

Thanks

Michael

i`m trying

lol,

thanks!

You know...I am beginning to think that this EA should be treated like a low risk savings account. It is just to wait and your yield will exceed that of a CD.

You may not be getting those speculative returns that are triple digit...but you can get a consistent return per year...maybe even a double digit equity yield is possible...

I have not traded this long enough to know yet.....I am not at double digits yet...but it sure seems like it is posssible.

Thank you to the Thread Author for the opportunity to test.

ES

I know the benefits of trading this way were explained thouroughly by the Thread Author and I do not need to be worried about drawing attention to it, as this system/EA will not appeal to many.

...but I would like to reiterate:
  • This system/EA earns high carry interest.
  • It can take some TP's during the wait/carry and sustain an unwinding

ES

P.S. This system/EA qualifies as a TradeVestment and worthy of my portfolio at 0.01 per 1K in an IBFX mini account, Thank you again JLPi. ☺

ElectricSavant:
I know the benefits of trading this way were explained thouroughly by the Thread Author and I do not need to be worried about drawing attention to it, as this system/EA will not appeal to many. ...but I would like to reiterate:
  • This system/EA earns high carry interest.
  • It can take some TP's during the wait/carry and sustain an unwinding

ES

P.S. This system/EA qualifies as a TradeVestment and worthy of my portfolio at 0.01 per 1K in an IBFX mini account, Thank you again JLPi. ☺

You are welcome !

I think that you have well understood the idea behind this simple EA. It is important that you have noted that with a reasonable lot size you can sustain the unwindings even strong ones.

Personaly I don't use this EA live because on my account I use a bit more sophisticated techniques that can provide higher returns but these techniques share the same philosophy: few trades a week or sometimes a month, extremely boring, be with the long term trend, very low leverage.

And then the results are very good even better that I expected / hoped.

So I hope that with this EA at least few people will understand that also for trades quantity is not equivalent to quality and can go on in designing their own successful strategy.

a new grid

hi all,

just wondering if there is an EA for this method.

a simple MA which guides the initial order. EG a 21 SMA .

If price above the SMA a buy order at market price 0.1 lot no SL , no TP.

at the same time a pending sell stop 10pips below price 0.2 lots.

if sell stop is activated then a buystop again at the same price as the ist order but 0.3 lots. when a breakout happens. the global TP takes all orders out at a profit.

This method is theoratically sound , only the pair with low spread and high volatility will do a great job.

any thoughts.

Check out the Blessing 2 EA....it is close...

teldon:
hi all,

just wondering if there is an EA for this method.

a simple MA which guides the initial order. EG a 21 SMA .

If price above the SMA a buy order at market price 0.1 lot no SL , no TP.

at the same time a pending sell stop 10pips below price 0.2 lots.

if sell stop is activated then a buystop again at the same price as the ist order but 0.3 lots. when a breakout happens. the global TP takes all orders out at a profit.

This method is theoratically sound , only the pair with low spread and high volatility will do a great job.

any thoughts.

Please excuse this post as this was already covered. But the answer was not understood.

Else the brilliant Thread Author does not want to spend any more time on this EA or he expects the readers to accept that this EA adds a trade during a reboot or a restart.

Is it not possible to code this EA so that it does not do this? or is it possible? I really do not know.

The answer was if you are trading with 0.01 the effect is negligable on the float. Well this can be a long term hold and I personally experience many reboots or restarts of the platform during what can be hold of several months.

I love this EA but I cannot accept these extra trades...I find myself skipping my weekend maintenence of my computer because I do not want to shut down...and this EA never gets flat.

Mr. JLPi...could you please explain that this is impossible and if you do not have the time to fix this could you allow another coder to fix your publically posted code? Please do not yell at me, I do not mean to be rude. I sometimes have trouble to communicate. I think your EA is great and I have been "living" with it now for several weeks (I trade this live).

TY for sharing.

ES

ElectricSavant:
Please excuse this post as this was already covered. But the answer was not understood.

Else the brilliant Thread Author does not want to spend any more time on this EA or he expects the readers to accept that this EA adds a trade during a reboot or a restart.

Is it not possible to code this EA so that it does not do this? or is it possible? I really do not know.

The answer was if you are trading with 0.01 the effect is negligable on the float. Well this can be a long term hold and I personally experience many reboots or restarts of the platform during what can be hold of several months.

I love this EA but I cannot accept these extra trades...I find myself skipping my weekend maintenence of my computer because I do not want to shut down...and this EA never gets flat.

Mr. JLPi...could you please explain that this is impossible and if you do not have the time to fix this could you allow another coder to fix your publically posted code? Please do not yell at me, I do not mean to be rude. I sometimes have trouble to communicate. I think your EA is great and I have been "living" with it now for several weeks (I trade this live).

TY for sharing.

ES

No it shouldn't be a problem to do that. I won't yell at you because it is a needed change in order to use it live. I used it more for testing.

As you mentioned I have not time right now to dig into that but if somebody else is willing to do a modif it is ok with me.

I guess that it could be done so that in the init function we check if some trades are already opened or not and then later we start a new grid or not depending on what was found in the init.

JLPi,

I think you are the best one to modify this EA...as you know it the best and you already have an idea how to stablize it.

I realize you are trading a more robust EA...but if we could have the crumbs ☺ it would be great!

I am a patient person... perhaps towards the end of this year you might find the time?

Your work is appreciated and Thank you for everything.

ES

jlpi:
No it shouldn't be a problem to do that. I won't yell at you because it is a needed change in order to use it live. I used it more for testing.

As you mentioned I have not time right now to dig into that but if somebody else is willing to do a modif it is ok with me.

I guess that it could be done so that in the init function we check if some trades are already opened or not and then later we start a new grid or not depending on what was found in the init.