How to use DLL in MQL4

Hello,

I would like to use a DLL which includes some functions to work with POP3 protocol like Connect, Delete, Retrieve etc. I don't know how to define that DLL and those functions in MQL4 in order to get it work.

Once it is defined and I am able to use those functions I am able to code what I need.

I would very appreciate if anybody helps me start !

This is the link to the website with the description of the component Component (click on Pivo.POP3) because I don't even know whether it is possible to use this DLL in MQL4 environment.

Thanks a lot in advance!

draho:
Hello,

I would like to use a DLL which includes some functions to work with POP3 protocol like Connect, Delete, Retrieve etc. I don't know how to define that DLL and those functions in MQL4 in order to get it work.

Once it is defined and I am able to use those functions I am able to code what I need.

This is the link to the website with the description of the component Component (click on Pivo.POP3) because I don't even know whether it is possible to use this DLL in MQL4 environment.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi. Here is a link to the basics of creating MT4 compatible DLL's

Mistigri - Articles

Hello,

I just want to use that DLL. I am not able to write my own DLL that's why I want to use that one if possible.

Thanks

draho:
Hello,

I just want to use that DLL. I am not able to write my own DLL that's why I want to use that one if possible.

Thanks

If this DLL has not been specifically formatted and compiled for MT4 (as explained in the link I posted) it will not work - this is the reason Metaquotes supply a sample DLL. If as you claim, you are unable to create your own, best hire a programmer, it may cost as little as $50, though DLL creation may incur an additional charge...

Be real careful when you have a DLL that is calling a Com object..

You'd be way better off using Native code to do SMTP or POP3..

What language do you code in? C++, Delphi?

Which compiler of C++? Use some native Socket code.. Your dll will run much better.

draho:
Hello,

Thanks a lot in advance!
Reason: