Draw rectangles not attached to 'Time'

Hi,

has anyone found a good way to draw rectangles that are not located in time but rather fixed at x,y coordinates on the screen, even whilst scrolling through time?

This facility is available for text. The text label is an example of an object with the property that i desire, however i wish to draw rectangles in this fashion.

This feature might be useful, for example, when plotting a histogram representing returns or deviations in a sub window.

I can imagine that a workaround for this feature might be to draw the histogram at the position indicated by the time of the first visible bar, and scaled by the viewing period, and to constantly rescale and redraw as the viewing window is manipulated, however, I doubt the overhead would be acceptable.

Any ideas or experience with this direction?

The overhead would not be very great.

Thank you for your response.

Subsequent to my question, I realised I should just use a histogram indicator scaled to windowbarsperchart. I was trying to use rectangle objects which is an inferior solution for a simple histogram report. I actually had far greater problems normalizing log returns due to the limits of the mathematical data types.

The overhead is very low this way.

I also created an indicator with coloured buttons showing status of sub-indicators, and the overhead to manage this would exceed that of creating a histogram using rectangles.You were right to say the overhaed would not be great. Everything has worked fine.

If anyone reading this is thinking of creating an indicator in this fashion, i can assure you that mt4 works great for this.
Reason: