General - page 1611

I would like to write a script to pass a value to a running EA by setting a global variable. I would name the global variable using the currency symbol and chart period, to try and make the global unique to a chart. It would then be easy for the EA to look only for it's own global variable. Of...
BOJ's Shirakawa says conditions to deteriorate Central bank governor warns Tokyo gathering that economy is worsening HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Bank of Japan Gov. Masaaki Shirakawa said Friday the Japanese economy is worsening and the downturn has yet to run its course, according to reported
Hello, Can someone please provide a code example on how to display the SYMBOL_LEFTPRICE symbol on the chart window on any bar at any price? What function will place this arrow on the chart? Thank you. -charliev
Hi all, I need to have a Money Management EA based on percentage instead of the number of pips that we normally have. The conditions are as below When we open the position (Manual), the EA will set all the following.. 1) Stop lost 2% of the margin 2) Take Profit 2% of the margin 3) when we are over...
I think it would be VERY helpful to be able to scale the charts in and out between the different timeframes (1m, 5m, 15m, 4h, d..) in a similar way that google maps allows you to 'zoom' in and out on a map. I would like to be able to double-click on a candle (in one timeframe view, say 1h), or...
Hi, I want to know if it is possible to integrate MetaTrader 4 for pocketpc with the interactive brokers API? How? thanks
Hi, I have made a simple EA just to check if it works correctly. But, although the functions "init()" and "deinit()" are executed, the function "start()" is not executed. I have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1. This is the EA I have made...
ForexNewsMarket.com - 24/5 Forex News, Analysis & Trading Signals 4/16/2009 Obama's Mortgage Rescue Plan Finally In Effect The United States Treasury Department announced that the Obama Administration's Mortgage Rescue Plan, designed to help homeowners by modifying their existing mortgage loans, is...
Hello all I would like to ask you about some way to get comprehensive high quality historical data (as old as possible, with the smallest possible time frame and with as many different symbols as possible) for futures and cfds for metatrader. It turns out that I already downloaded metatrader from...
I found it strange that there was no EA capability in the multiterminal edition of MT4. Please advise if I simply overlooked something, or was this feature left out and WHY. Thanks.
  Autotrade Mode  (1)
Hello everyone, Is it possible to program a system on Metrader to run on Autotrade mode? If so were can I learn more on MetaTrader prrograming languange? Is it similar to what? Pascal? Basic? C++? Thanks, Paulo Nunes
  Forex Traders Mistake...  (18   1 2)
Hi Traders The common mistake is when traders and investors buy or sell when the rate on currency is cheap. Sometimes this is a good move, but just because the rate is low, does not mean that it will profit the investor. Instead of choosing a currency to buy or trade, it is best to look at all of...
FXCM , in cooperation with DailyFX.com (Forex News | Forex Trading News | Currency Trading News), announced the multi-lingual release of their forex Trading Signals in English, Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese. Exclusively available to FXCM’s live clients through the...
Is there anyway to make the chart Scale fix using pixel value?
[Deleted]
  Where is Mladen?  (7)
Long time i dont see him post here,hope he okay out there!
For the past week or so I  have had the EA problem of trades being opened but intermittently not being closed, destroying 2 demo-accounts in the process.  My buggy-code - or so I thought - turns out what is happening is that after a random period of time, Broco's servers are signalling that their...
  auto stop  (2)
Hi i am new to MT4. I want to know, How can i get a fixed stop loss (fixed pips like 50 pips away)which should automatically execute when i put a trade?Can anybody help?Is It possible in Mt4?
Hi. I have a  MQL4 file which calculates pivot points for you on a daily / weekly / monthly basis and displays it on your required timeframe. Can anyone help me to modify the code such that on a daily / weekly / monthly basis, as soon as the new pivot points are calculated, it sends it to me in an...
This is just a wishy idea... how about make a button to show news by hovering bars, what i mean is like this: 1. click on "news cursor" on toolbar (after this clicked any bar have news events will be automaticly marked) 2. hover the desired marked bar to show the specific news event... 3. the news
Stock Decline Hits Depression Levels - BusinessWeek Unless one likes to lose 50% of their money over a 10 year period.... Mr. ¨Vanguard¨does not look so smart afterall....
Metatquotes How do I bypass the Windows Vista Protocols so that the Mt4 dealing station can update? Currently, when I open the station a Windows Vista Window will open and ask "do you wish to permit the Metaquotes update?". I press 'OK' but due to the way MT4 dealing station is configured, the...
  64 bit processor  (1)
I'm having irratic results with my metatrader robots and I wonder if MetaTrader is certified to work with 64 bit processors and/or Vista 64-bit? Bill
I posted a video on my blog about leverage and margin in the forex market, how to understand it and how to use it to your benefit, the video is in HD and it's free. If you don't understand Leverage or margin while you are trading you could end up in some trouble with your account. Please let me know...
Even under "ray" parameter unchecked, an expansion object's fibo level line is seems too long, compare with a FiboTimeZone object, the fibo level line extending shouldn't exceed a fibo-time-zone object's target 4, which use the expansion's time1 and time3 parameters as timezone's time1 and time2.
  What is Pip?  (3)
If you are new to forex you probably wonder what pip or rather Percentage In Point is. You may visit Everything about Pip for more information about the concept of pip and its calculations. I have written an article and also developed an Expert Advisor for MetaTrader 4 that could help those who are...
Hello guys! I have a problem trying to use this library. I put them in metatrader\experts\library I correctly define the path for the .def file ... but my EA print on the register this error: -65495 What can be the problem? And, most, how to solve it? Is it possible that the .def file can be...
I have been trying to do strategy testing with my EA on a demo acct, but every time I run it, it shows 0 trades and 0 results. I downloaded the history files for the correct currency pairs, and I can see all of this on the History Center. I've tried every modelling method and every other setting and...
Today when I opened MetaTrader it is showing each trade twice. Will this have an impact on the actual traders or is it just showing duplicates. All of the margin reflects the duplicate orders
I was reading a medium to long term report that the euro/usd will trade within a triangle formation before move down toward 105-100. 2 legs were already posted and 3 other legs are under formation to complete the triangle. What do you think guys?
I can't use the Email Tab in Tools Panel with gmail account. Althought I tried many times, the Journal always gives me the message "Mail: login to smtp.gmail.com:465 failed". Please help me.