General - page 1616

Hi, I have an account with IBFX and Alpari. I am running backtests on MT4 platforms from both provider. When I download historical data, the data comes from MetaQuotes. During backtesting, I need to enter GMT time offset to have more accurate results. Entering various offsets lead to differing...
Dear Metaquotes, we see a comment when trading with EA in the comment column of trade history, there are take profits with: [tp] and there is tp/a Could anyone explain what excatly this means? There is no description in any manual available. [tp] is clear, but tp/a is not clear. Thanks,...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, Thought I would share some picks in this thread for my market analysis
Hi all. This is my first post and I could with some help coding an EA. I want to capture and store a number of successive new bid prices as they come in. I can code a bit so I just need the line or lines that will get the new bids. I have tried stuff like `Prices = bid` in a for loop but I get the...
The crash occures only in case if I have opened about 10 charts with the same custom indicator and EA. It does not depend on the indicator type but it depends on number of opened charts with the indicator at start of the application. CPU is overloaded and after that application becomes in crash....
  TradeSupreme  (2)
Hi, me here from "300% in 4 weeks" and "4 indicators on MT4" With a combination of these two strategies being able to improve on profits and decrease the losses. Now trading with a fixed SL and TP I'm able to just that! My new signal service called "TradeSupreme" will be available from next week....
My Question is .... If I put on a Trade with a Position Size of " 2 " (Volume in "New Order Window") .... and the Trade is executed, is there anyway to Scale Out of Half of that Trade ( Sell " 1 " ) and allow the other Half ( "1" ) to ride .... without having to sell out the Whole " 2...
Hello, I have coded a simple ea that enters on a cross of mas (5wma and 25ema) when the macd lines are correct. I am having a problem with gettin bad entrances like the one highlighted on the screen shot below. It is entering when the mas don't quite cross. Any advise as to what i am doing wrong? I
  Profitable Breakouts  (23   1 2 3)
Like many others, I have been approached recently by some friends in order to provide signals. You will find them at rentasignal under Profitable breakouts. There are a bunch of methods that I use for my mt4 accounts that I decided would fit the rentasignal platform. Basically the methods involve...
  please Help  (1)
Hello i am a new trader i am registered with fxpro they ofer a leverage of 1:500 means if i have 100$ i will be shown 50000 but it is not they told it will not show on screen i heard that we have to set leverage on placing order so were is it in metatrader plz help...
Does anyone here know how to calculate slow stochastic in MT4? I have no problem using date (i.e. high, low & close) showed in MT4 to calculate fast stochastic and the result is the same as shown in MT4. However, I can't do the same thing for slow stochastic. I searched lots of websites regarding
The Invert Hammer is a single candlestick pattern that rarely appears on Forex charts. Visit Free Forex MQL Training - Candlestick Lesson 14: Inverted Hammer Bullish Reversal for more information about this pattern and download a custom indicator that locates it in a MetaTrader 4 chart. Your...
  Looking for Indicator  (37   1 2 3 4)
Greetings, Does anyone know if there is an indicator that tells how many "pips to go" until the market reaches it's daily average movement? In other words, I'm looking for an indicator that will state, in number of pips, how far the market can go before it reaches its daily average movement. If you...
Hi, Is there anyone tells where to get the MetaTrader 4 client terminal with Gold quote? demo.metaquotes.net' Server usually had such qote but it stopped. Thanks, James
Wanna find a software which can view different currencies of HKD. What I can find is only USD/HKD.
William K. Black was the senior regulator during the S&L crisis, and an Associate Professor of Economics and Law at the University of Missouri (bio). Black says that massive fraud is what caused the economic crisis. As one example, he explains that everyone involved knew that the CDOs which packaged...
[Deleted]
  Sharing MT4 Statements Live  (23   1 2 3)
Hello , I am glad to announce I have completed coding my MT4 Statements sharing site , by using this site you can broadcast your MT4 statements live on the net ! no additional software is required , it needs just registering an account in the site and setting up the Publisher feature of MT4. There...
hi, i have a Mac, and i use mt4 with parallels, since i upgrade to 222 i can't open mt4.. this morrning it opens but it doesn't responde to my commands and so i had to close it with task mangaer and then i unistalled and reinstall, now i can't open it.. i click on mt4 icon and nothing happens
On the 5th of April 2009 the "demo.metaquotes.net" server will bestopped. However, the History Center with the minute history willcontinue to operate. From this day on our company will discontinue using thedemonstration server. Currently, the number of companies working withthe MetaTrader...
Metaquotes This problem has occurred since the beginning of time however not on every new build. After the update occurs, something must change in the history directory because you end up with either all your history erased or big gaps where are three month period might be missing. It's become...
Hi, I am Ankush. and am a Intra trader [new to forex], al thought since the last 6 mths i hae been trading on the demo platform. But today i need some help just to gain how exactly does the fibonacci runs. Today i Applied the fibbo pattern to EUR/USD chart , H1 time frame. the trade went and touch
[Deleted]
Hi everyone!! I’ve found an interesting article about scalping strategies mt4.us .Has anybody tested this or similar strategy?
Does anyone know please? I am getting false readings on my daily charts as my time frame is +2Hours! Many thanks Tony
I have developed two simple tools for MetaTrader that you may find them useful. A Script to report Fractals values: The Fractals Values An EA to return Bar Indexes: Free Forex MQL Training - An Expert Advisor to Return Candle Number Your comments are welcome.
  Jma
Hi guys, does anybody have experience with jurik indicators like JMA, etc..They are 250 for esignal, before buying thought I'll check . They do not allow any trial period and that's not so good... thanks
Hi, I have found on this forum Indraws Volume Analysis indicator that show the sum of the volume on the legs. What I'd like to do is to modificate this indicator ( or to find a new indicator) for having an indicator that calculate the average volume on the legs. Someone can help me to do this ?...
Hi, My MT does not apply or save EA settings correctly. For instance, if I take a default EA such as MACD Sample > Inputs tab > Change lots from "0.1" to "0.2" > OK > Reopen > Inputs tab still shows "0.1". I have also tried to change settings, save it as a set > load the set > close > and reopen. It
Hi, since two days my simple horizontal trendlines disappear if I change the timeframe. They even disappear if I go back to the timeframe where I draw it. Anybody any idea? Would be great.