General - page 1609

I'm trading a Real Account at IBFX. I have started on 14.04.2009 with an account balance of $300. After a week and a half I'm on $757.65. I will post results here on a weekly basis. Follow me as I build on my account balance.
Hello, I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem as of late or if anyone knows what I can do about it. I use windows XP, have the newest build and I backtest regularly to keep current on my EA settings. About 1 week ago, maybe a little more I started getting optimized and backtesting...
Hi: I am backtesting my EA on a 1-hour chart. I am using an Alapri Platform and I also imported M1 data (For EUR/USD) and used the period converter to convert the data for the 5m, 15m, 30m, 240m, and 1440m time frames. My M1 data now goes back to 1999 (1999.09.01). However, when I backtest, it will...
Can modifications be made to the Periodicity Toolbar so that it can be customized to have any time frame the user chooses? If the software developers are not doing this, then how can I have access to the part of the code that controls this so that I can make modifications my self? I would like to
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- If Ken Lewis is telling the truth -- and he'd be foolish to lie to New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo -- then Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson were more than concerned about the financial crisis. They were panicking...
Hi, I´m new to metatrader and i need some help please. I want to create an indicator that draw 2 horizontal lines, one of the high of the Tokyo session, and other of the low of the Tokyo session. and a label of the range in that session. Can anyone help me please ? thanks in advance. Eggzactly
Hi All, I find typing with my arthritic fingers a problem! Would it be possible, when placing pending orders in meta4, to have set-up whereby one could click on the required price/position in the side scale then click the choice of buy stop, buy sell etc. The actual price is set by first click and...
Whether you know it or not, you have been trading commodities all your life. Sure, you may have never traded a contract of Pork Bellies, but you have almost certainly traded a possession like a car, house, or antique for someone else’s money or possession. If you have never done that, for sure you...
It had to happen I thought to myself as I took a walk to the top of a small hill just behind my home. There isn’t a single trader who wouldn’t give half his trade equity to know how the big guru did i Knowing his thoughts could be worth thousands of dollars in a single trade. For decades traders...
  Data Errors  (2)
When I try to download all records of Historical Center the information for all pairs have errors betwen 2009/01/20 and 2009/03/20 and all graphs is bad. I think that the problem is related with the implementation of the five decimal. What is the solution?
Today's Forex Analysis summary Only two days after the Bank of Canada announced that the economy was contracting by 3% instead of the forecast of 1.2 % in January and after it cut rates to 25 basis points then promised to keep them there for a year, the BoC made no commitment on the use of...
There is a new site in beta that combines LIVE trading with social networking. Exclusively for forex traders. No forum, so not in any competition with forex-tsd. But I will say it has helped me Tremendously with all aspects of trading. Currensee | Trade Together Join teams and view trades LIVE as...
The principles to this 30 minutes scalping strategy can be applied on almost any time frame however please make adjustments for stop loss levels and profit targets. This trading strategy takes place approximately 3 to four times in a 24 hour period between the three major currency pairs. I like to...
ForexNewsMarket.com - 24/5 Forex News, Analysis, Trading Signals & Much More! 4/23/2009 Unemployment Levels Rise After Initial Drop The number of jobless claims filed last week rose to 640,000 for the entire week. The rise in claims comes after a drop the previous week. The increased number could...
  School of Pimpology  (1880   1 2 3 4 5 ... 187 188)
Welcome to the School of Pimpology Since trading and experimenting various different methods over the years, I thought it time to share some of my knowledge and as some would kindly say "pearls of wisdom". I will focus on various topics for different levels of expertise, but one thing that time has...
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'll try: I wanna have a trailing-stop-script in metatrader where I can define where my trailing will start, and at which price it will start to trail. Example: I set my limit to 15 pips and my trailing to 5 pips in my modified...
Hi, I want an EA to read a file, that's not located on the local machine but on the Internet. FileOpen only works when the file is located in the metatrader directory. I tired it with a c#-dll but get the error message "cannot call function". Has s.o. an easy solution for this problem?? Thanks
Today's Forex Analysis summary The Australian Dollar could be looking at a sharp sell-off as signs are out there that investors are focusing more on the Australian economy than the higher yields offered by the market. Even the stock market rally on Wednesday could not encourage risk hungry...
I have been working with the iWPR indicator quite a bit, and have discovered that it sometimes returns nonsense values not at all related to the position of the indicator line on the visual charts. This of course upsets the program logic. My analysis so far is leading me to believe that it might...
Apr 23, 2009 (updated: 4:58am GMT+7) EUR/USD it looks more likely to go up to 1.3150 or even 1.3300. Stop at 1.2900. GBP/USD It looks more likely that it Overall structure is still bearish. With support at 1.4420 and resistance at 1.4520. USD/JPY it looks more likely to go up to 98.60. Stop at 96.80...
Today's Forex Analysis summary. The U.S. Dollar lost ground to all the major currencies on Tuesday on mixed fundamentals. There was no theme in the market today as many of the currencies reacted to their own individual news. After the tone was set in each market, comments from U.S. Treasury...
Hello everyone, I have the next question I would like to ask, what is my password MetaTrader Administrator 4 gives malicious changes, may I ask what means can be recovered?
ForexNewsMarket.com - 24/5 Forex News, Analysis, Trading Signals 4/22/2009 Stocks Gain Tuesday, Economy Shows Small Signs Of Improvement Stocks gained on Tuesday amid ideas that the financial marketers are becoming more stable. After a loss on Monday, the Nasdaq gained 36 points, the Dow 127 points...
Can someone code for me an EA?
Hi Guys I need to backtest an EA. Now there are different methods in MT4 I need to have realy exact data so i choose "tick", but can you tell me, how exact this data feed really is? Are there many mistakes in the data or is it OK? Is really every tick in the feed? I also need a store to...
Hi, I have this question since a long time and I never asked : what mean the TSD in forex-tsd ? Thanks !
dear friends, does any one know how to get the UAE Markets in specific(Dubai & Abudhabi) to work on mt4
Rules for a Long Trade 1. Look for currency pair trading below the 20-period EMA and MACD to be negative. 2. Wait for price to cross above the 20-period EMA, then make sure that MACD is either in the process of crossing from negative to positive or has crossed into positive territory no longer than...
  PakPips (RAS id = 568)  (132   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
Hello all, Please check my trades registered at RentaSignal website, I only trade GBP/JPY manually. There is no EA attached, I trade GJ on his behavior and some calculations. Still I have no negative trade, all are successful. This Week Pips: Visit RAS website below http://www.rentasignal...