General - page 1551

Because CopyBuffer() return int. But I don't know how to deal the checking . Indicator.mqh bool CIndicator::GetData( int start_pos, int count, int buffer_num, double & buffer[]) bool CIndicator::GetData( datetime start_time, int count, int buffer_num, double & buffer[]) bool CIndicator::GetData(
I have a open position on USDJPY.I run this code: SymbolInfoDouble("USDJPY",SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE,sd);SymbolInfoDouble("USDJPY",SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE,sd); Why the sd is 0? MQLmagazine.com
Hi MetraTrader team, I use MT4, a legacy 32 bit XP application, to optimize multi-variable multi-currency multi-indicator multi-algorythm EAs. In a desperate attempt to cut the processing time down, I just got a very powerful 64 bit 12GB I7 machine, but...as you already know it did not do the...
Just a general observation. My MT5 uses nearly 500Mb of RAM compared with about 45Mb on MT4. I have exactly the same number of windows, and the same indicators on both. MT5 takes about 20 seconds to start up, whilst MT4 is almost instant. MT5 is, by comparison, very sluggish. MT5 uses about...
Is there a data feed available for shares in the FTSE index? I've been looking everywhere.
Hi all, We want to launch a new graphical environment / tool to createcustom indicators. No coding or MQL knowledge is required. If you wantto test it please go to: http://www.molanis.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73 Registration is required (It's FREE). The installation comes...
Hi there, I've been trying to sort this problem out now for a few weeks so can someone please help? I enslited on a course that recommends using BANDS rather than Bollinger Bands as you can input numbers such as 10/1.9 (Bands is already within MetaTrader4 and can be located by navigating...
  printf() bug?  (1)
This code here: Print(package.bid," ",package.ask," ",sn);printf("Received bid %.5f , ask %.5f, from %s",package.bid," ",package.ask," from ",sn);  yields this:   MQLmagazine.com 
[Deleted]
  How to fight fear of losing?  (14   1 2)
HI I started trading in Jun 09. Did blow up 4/5th of my account. Did some networking thru forums. then I was suggested to understand price action/candlestick patterns. During this time I read alot on fibonnacci too and Pivot points. Now, I'm able to understand market movements lil by lil thru...
Hi, I am looking for a simple coded system that will enter a max of 1 long and 1 short position per daily bar (not at same time). variables would be X pips above and below the opening price, with a set stop loss and profit target. Nothing fancy.. If someone could help code this system I would really...
Hi, I am testing MT5 and I think the following features would be great on MT4/MT5: 1) possibility ti choose if you want to see your trades in the new MT5 way (all blended in one line), or the MT4 way (one trade, one line); 2) possibility to split one order of more than 1 lot in many different...
MetaTrader 4 build 218 and earlier works on Mac OSX 10.6.2 w/ Wine Windows emulator 1.134. However, after implementing new protection software, MetaTrader 4 build 220 and later stops working, it gaves error "Themida: Cannot open oreans.vxd driver. Make sure that oreans.vxd is not open by another...
I do not see the Usd based pairs in MetaTrader 4 Mobile. I only see some other pairs but nothing related to USD. Please give me a solution TO THIS PROBLEM.
Imagine you have several trades running, and you would like to view the corresponding chart to see how its getting on. If you have a dozen or so chart windows open to have to look at each one to find the correct forex pair. It would be useful to be able have an extra option on the right click menu...
I fill in the Email details in Tools>Options. I click Test and nothing happens. I click OK, and the form closes. When I open it up, it hasn't remembered anything. -Jerry
[Deleted]
  MayaFX (RAS ID: 30326)  (40   1 2 3 4)
Hi everyone, I have added a trading system which has taken me many years to develop today to RentaSignal and am opening this thread to discuss any queries relating to it. Initially it will be trading USD/JPY but is also capable of trading on other pairs equally as well and may do this later on. The...
It would be a great feature if on the lines we could attach a sound on it if the price crosses it. It would be also nice to select the sound file for the sound. Right now in MT4 you can create Alerts but graphiclly you cannot tell where they are. Cheers David
I am updating from 242. From journal: 2010.02.02 09:06:55    LiveUpdate    new terminal 5.00 build 243 (IDE: 243, MQL: 243) is available2010.02.02 09:06:56    Network    '54789': authorized on MetaQuotes-Demo2010.02.02...
If you have a large workbooks that you need to separate into individual files? Do you feel boring to splitting multi-worksheet excel files into single-worksheet ones? Excel Worksheet Separator may do you a favour! Excel Worksheet Separator is a powerful, friendly and easy-to-use Excel tool to...
I have tried several trading demos and had some luck with some of them. Could anybody tell me from a good experienced point of view what would be a good and easy software to use. By the way, thanx for the warnings on FX Moneymap. I almost got the software and then read the posts. They never tell you...
  Gann MTF  (2)
seqential: #MTF_RSI uses an array to push timeframes thru RSI. I'd like to do the same thing with the Gann indicator. My problem is that the Timeframe array counts up while the Gann indicator counts bars down from the lookback (period). I can't get my head around this. If anybody has got a solution...
Hello My name is Victor, I'm doing my friend Dmitry forex market at the moment we have a strategy for trade, but we have no investors, so we decided to start a blog, and who may then see the results of our trade and its interest. Briefly about us, we are from Russia, trading on the forex market for...
  Syntax of iAO  (5)
In MT4 I have: A1 = iAO(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 1); Reading the MT5 documentation I don't understand how to get it to work. It complains that the parameter count is wrong. It hasn't got the last item, so how do I extract the nth bar information? The documentation says: The function creates Accelerator...
Some time ago one of our developments was this EA, trading based on MACD Signal and Main crosses. In trending markets it works profitably, but it needs some improvements because a lot of trades are placed when volatility is too low. Maybe someone implement ATR based filter OK, now inputs
I currently have build 240 installed. In the journal's tab I get: 2010.01.31 20:44:12 LiveUpdate new terminal 5.00 build 242 (IDE: 242, MQL: 242) is available Is it supposed to auto update (like MT4), cause it doesn't... I tried downloading again from the website but after install I still...
[Deleted]
This is a good indi it just needs to have a alert and pop up when the bars on the indi go above 25 and below -25 any help would be appreciated. thank You in advance. Here is the source code #property copyright "Copyright © 2005, Yura Prokofiev" #property link "Yura.prokofiev@gmail.com" #property
This is an interesting for me being I'm new. I want to know the performance of others. It is hard for us noobs to get a grasp on what is possible and if all the time and turmoil is worth it. I am lucky where my expenses are low. I'd be comfortable making a $2000 profit a month. Not sure if I'm...