Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 1034

To post a new topic, please log in or register
i found this fractal script on the web, could someone point me to how i could modify this to sound an alert when the fractal is created? also is it possible to get the alert 5 seconds before the candle closes? (the first candle that starts the creation of the fractal)...
  Mt3 EXP file (7)
Good day: I would like to find out if anyone can help me by taking an existing MT3 EXP file, and converting it to get the source code from it. I am not a programmer as such, and only know how to load the files and run them. Is this what they call de-compiling, if so, would there be any costs...
  Schaff trend cycle (183   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
Guys, most ot you know /maybe/ about "Schaff trend cycle" indicator. But the newbie not - can somebody give some info? Many thanks REGARDS
Hi everybody.. I am having some problems with the new version of MT4..for example the ergodic oscillator.mq4 just opens an empty window..and there are other indicators doing the same..also they make the program slow.. I received warnings from traders that the new version of MT4 works with mql files...
Hello, I get this message that the editor/compiler is connecting to some web site...why does it do that ? Thanks
I am trying to find an expert that will close all open positions when an accumulated dollar profit level is reached, does anyone have one. jonjonau
MetaTrader 4 Mobile build 189 has been released. Changes: 1. Improved autoselection of access point servers. 2. Added indication of working through data center. 3. Fixed functioning of accounts with extended authorization. 4. Fixed receiving of news through data center. Mobile terminal can be...
hello, i'd like to have various brokers (demo) on one mt platform. to do this i need the ip-server adresses to insert in the tools/options/server window. where can i get the ip adress from different brokers. when i download a platform from one broker and open the account it is (obviously) predefined...
Hi all! I want to introduce my new invention Rules: We set price on open order price of bar where we take a trade, then we read juice for previus bar and set it as dev param. And I think it can be traded like that: 1) enter on signal 2) count dest points 3) when price cross 1th dest point move SL...
Hi, lets say I have 3 lines drawn by my indicator: - the High of the Bar (a) - the High + 0.0010 (b) - the Low - 0.0010 (c) I want to shade between lines a & b, blue and between lines a & c red. is this possible in MT4?
In the Modes of Modeling tab, when I choose the OPEN PRICE ONLY tab, the expert trades at time = 00:00 and at time =21:00 i´m using MIG Invetmrnts´ server... because in the Metaquotes server its ok is that what its supposed to do? can it only trade at time =00:00? Thanks
Slava, it says in the manual that Linear Regression Channel uses maximum closing price deviation for drawing the parallel lines, and Standard Deviation Channel uses standard closing price deviation. Is the central regression line also calculated on closing prices, or how is it calculated?
Is it possible to view a specific time range from the past only or up to a certain point? For example I only want to view data on my chart from 1.18.2006 14:00 until 1.18.2006 23:00? Can this be done? Thanks
  Another EA... (1)
http://www.fxlite.com/downloads/FXL-Hourly2.zip
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 189 will be released tomorrow (2 February, 2006). Changes: 1. Fixed appearance of messages in internal mailing system; 2. Tester: The contents of Results and Graphs tabs will be cleared after testing settings (symbol, period, expert) have been changed; 3....
  Www.mql4.com (18   1 2)
Did everyone hear about the official www.mql4.com website from metaquotes? The website started in 2/1/2006. It contains forums, expert advisors, indicators, and information from the developers at metaquotes. I suggest that everyone serious about trading with metatrader check this website out....
  MT3 Questions (12   1 2)
I recently realized that broker (particularly interbank fx) spreads can diverge more than 10 pips. I am scalping using MT3, and I attempted to code an algorithm to stay out of the market in such times. As the code is fairly simple, i seem to have problems with the following: define: spread(2); tt=...
Ok I have a problem. When I set up by open like this it works. ticket1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,1.0,Bid,0,0,0,"expert comment",255,0,CLR_NONE); But when I put in my stop loss and my take profit it doesn't. I've tried the 3 following variations but to no avail. ticket1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,1...
  Magic number (4)
can someone explain to me what a magic number is please
Errors 1) When placed on mT4 chart the last bar the lines go all weird 2) I think the TureHigh and TrueLow calculations are not correct, please help 3) How does when debug Mt4 code, output variables, during calculations etc.....
I am converting an MT3 expert to run on MT4 and need to know what the difference between 'Time' and 'CurTime' is. This is how it appears in the code: If TimeYear(time)<StartYear then Exit; if Curtime - LastTradeTime < 11 then exit; Thanks in advance.
Metaquotes, I import a function from dll with a bool as a parameter double GetValue(bool x); My compiler reads the bool value in the dll as - unsigned char with the value of ' 0" '. This will always be read as 0 or false. I think this is a bug and thought it should be brought to your attention...
  Gartley 222 (36   1 2 3 4)
who can convert from Tradestation to metatrader here is the code: TradeStation code for Gartley 222 pattern found in "Trading the Gartley 222" by Aaron Behle and Mark Conway, p. 38: Inputs: Length(100), Strength(8), Tolerance(0.10), BullColor(Blue), BearColor(Red); Variables: F1(0.618), F2(0.786),...
How do i increase the sample quality when backtesting in MT4? Even with tick data its at 50% on 4H charts for the year.
Was just on godago site and found a script that I want to try but I dont know how to set up a script,how to test,test on history etc. Can someone please give me some instruction on how to do this.
  MakeGrid (78   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Anyone who is doing any trading/testing with MakeGrid, please post here. Here are two demo statements that I have had running for about a week. I think they illustrate why this EA really needs to be thought through carefully. On one account, I have it running only in the direction of positive...
  Cynthia Kase (26   1 2 3)
Anyone know of any MT4 indicators that approximate Kase's MACD, peak out oscillator? It's pretty effective for showing divergence setups I think and she's done a lot of research showing it's superiority over other indicators--for what it's worth. Thru
I'm new to the MT4 and recently downloaded the automatic pivots onto my chart, pretty much every one I could find. I'm not exactly sure what formula I have to enter or setting I have to change to get them to calculate correctly from Midnight to Midnight each day. I understand that each period is...
I'm after a list of what the various Error Messages in the Journal mean. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have asked a couple of brokers, and their reply is like "dah?". I'd also like to know what the different colours (green/red, lt green/dk green) mean in the little coloured box...
Hi How does one place an order with no specified takeprofit? Does specifying a 0 for takeprofit mean no takeprofit? Thanks for the help