Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 361

How I can set the trading hours for strategy tester to test the bot in this hours not the hole day?
Hi guys! I have encountered problem with the iADX lag with daily chart. Basically I have created ea for daily bars based on adx indicator. //INDICATOR CODE BEGIN int start()&nbsp;&nbsp;{ int limit; int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();//---- check for possible errors if(counted_bars <...
Hello to all, I don't know if the following subject have already been placed in this community, but does anybody know how to close a position in Mql4 without openning another? My EA have three conditions, different from the ones of 'crossing MA', that have only two: crossing each other upwards or...
I was going to write an EA based on MACD indicator . I have problems with calling main and signal amounts in my EA. is there anybody able to give me a guide
  Is it a Requote?  (6)
I see these failed trades with invalid t/p or s/l the code could never have set. I notice these failed trades happen during volatile markets, I think they are Requotes, are they not?
[Deleted]
hello everybody, i've resintalled my computer from vista to seven. the build version, i think, is still the same build 950. Trade TradefromCSVFile Doesn't work anymore the journal show "TradefromCSVFil is not an expert and cannot be executed". It was working before. if somebody can help, will...
[Deleted]
  Backtest problem  (4)
date always showed on 00:00, what's wrong with this ?
  MySQL and MQL5  (1)
I have several version of mysql.dll on my Windows 10. - I get a large negative number in return from initmysql - I get access violation in libmysql.dll when doing real_connect. What size of libmysql.dll 64 bit is the correct one?
[Deleted]
Hi, is the cost $10 per month per trading account? If one has multiple trading accounts, e.g. 5, would it cost $50 per month in total to run all five? In which case a regular VPS server is better value?
I have problem with mql4 code. When I start code in tester of strategy, program sometimes lost data. The program should print the information every 30 minutes. It starts at 00:00 and then prints 01:00 (lost 0:30) or prints only part of the data. Typically, the error is at the beginning of the...
Hi all, who can help with the robot, why doesn't it work? extern double lots = 0.01; extern double TPforSymbol = 0; extern double SLforSymbol = 0; int last_bar= 0; int start(){ if (last_bar == Bars) return(0); last_bar = Bars; if (OrdersTotal() == 0){ OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, lots ,Ask, 3, Bid -
Hi. Traders. I am very curious about how spread is applied when a stop or limit order is modified. For example, if a buy stop is opened at time A. At time A, the market spread was 2 pips. Then the buy stop was modified at time B (say 5 minutes later from time A). At time B market spread was 3...
Hello. I have a downloaded script that deletes all the trades and pending orders at x loss or profit (see attach). I would like to modify this EA to delete all pending orders (SL,TP, Trailing stop) at x loss and leave the trades open.Can someone guide me with this? Thank you in advance.
Hi All, I want to loop through a number of moving averages as part of my trading system. Input variables are as below input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES TimeFrame1 = PERIOD_D1 ; // First MA to use input int Period1 = 10 ; // Number of periods for first MA input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES TimeFrame2 = PERIOD_D1 ; // Second
Is there any function that lists the times and trades?
[Deleted]
Please follow the rules Hello and Good Day, I am in need of an Equity management EA which simply does this: Equity Take profit and equity stop loss in account currency as the condition. Condition met, upon closure should close...
This is my 1º EA. Does nothing useful, it's just to practice programming. When there is no open trade, open an operation with TP and SL low for closing fast. I test this EA which demo account in real time and it works as Expected. But when I use in Back-test don´t work. Only open 1 trade. In...
i took a screenshot just before the EA took the trade and all the candles were present. after a few hours, the same candles disappeared! it caused a gap on my chart for about 14 hours. after reporting this issue to the broker, they said that i should "right click refresh" my charts and the...
How to OrderSelect in mql5? i.e. if(OrderSelect(x,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
Hi All, I wish to place a line on a chart and have an EA that automatically prompts the user to enter if they want alerts placed above or below (or both) that line at a specific number of pips (user defined) Any thoughts on this? I am not very good with objects yet. Cheers Andrew
hi please can any one help me with this pending order ea. It should open one buy stop and&nbsp;one sell stop each side of the market. The problem it has is&nbsp;it opens a buy stop then a sell stop then another buy stop:/&nbsp; if I change to the code so it has the sell stop first then I get two...
Hi guys, I have in mind very interesting money management system, kind of inverted martiangle - fixed stops when in loss but increasing risk when in profits with worst case scenario BE. I've tested it with manually opened trades and it seems very promising, however I'd like to automate it for simple
Hi, I'd like to correct that error from my code : Core 1 2016.02.18 16:01:41 CTrade::OrderSend: buy stop 10.00 Ger30Mar16 at 9475.0 sl: 9465.5 tp: 9499.0 [limit orders] Does that mean that the order that should have been send is a limit orders or does that mean that the max number of pending...
I have purchased an mql5.com vps on an demo account, but now I wish to login to this vps for this account, how do I?
  Signals  (9)
Hi, I have one trade open on my account and if I subscribe to a signal what will happen to that trade? will that trade close?
I want to change an extern variable of a expert I'm hosting through MLQs virtual hosting. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to change the value in the mq4 file and then re-synchronize everything?
Hi, i'm trying to use this dll. SendAdvancedEmail - library for MetaTrader 4 and i need some help. where do I copy this file to? i figured that i can import it using these codes below but I don't know where to put the dll file for a successful call. thanks for those who will help. #import
I'd like to build an EA (MT5) with indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1984. In indicator there are no buffers used, how can i get the values, i cannot use CopyBuffer. PLS help
Hello, i want to subscribe to a signal out of an EA. I got it working, BUT after "Subscription enabled" (see the attached screenshot) the subscribed Signal doesnt sync the opened Positions :( He did not even connect to the Signal Server! In this state he did not recognise trading actions from...
I wanted to know that i am having an Expert Adviser which is workable in MT4 Trader platform but i Just wanted to make it work exactly in MT5 Platform is it possible ? and if possible how i can do it please can any body or seniors tell me the exact methodology to how to make it possible work in MT5...