Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 365

So, I subscribe to a signal but the positions are too small. I simply want to double. The deal is the signal trades 24/7. I can't manually double the trades as sometimes it opens up positions when i'm asleep. so my plan is to get a signal set up on an account. write an EA that checks the order...
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to insert a block of code into a forum comment. I know I'll kick myself when I hear the answer but appreciate any help:) Tried SRC in the forum text editor. Perhaps just doing it wrong. Thanks, Brian
Hi,   I am a complete beginner playing around with code - trying to learn a few things.  I tried to add this SENDMAIL code into an old EA that was coded for me. {SendMail("First Order Opened","First Order Opened Sucessfuly for: " + Symbol() + " at: " + TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()...
Hi Guys, I am using enum values for my Input parameters and it seeme there is a bug because I am getting nice results while optimizing. But when I try to use optimization results for testing (no method changed) the result is absolutely different. Its looks that its made by enum parameters because
Hi guys, please see attached some backtest results with minimal risk per trade. My question: - Would you agree that the weakest point is the average loss per trade compared to the average win per trade? - Obviously, over a bigger sample of trades, the drawdown may increase (since all factors are...
Hello, since Tickstory does not work with Build 950, how can I get good historical data for EURUSD M1 in order to use the strategy tester? Let's say one year, 2015. Thx, FF
Hi, everyone - happy new year! Is it possible to trigger the OnTick() or Start() function of a EA  - if I put this EA on an offline chart? Seems it will not trigger. Is there any workaround that can make it trigger OnTick() / Start()?   Thanks a lot!
Dear community, Is there a way to download all marketdata from Metatrader to use it later offline for testing eas? Thanks in advance and with best regards, larry
Hi Gents, i have a simple question if anyone would like to help me ;-) I open a EURUSD 1M chart A - and i want to copy everything from this chart A to a new offline chart B. the only change in Chart B is that - the price is rounded up or down. Or example, if the price is 1.41234 in chart A -...
  EA securuty  (3)
Hello, I have OLD EA's that were coded BEFORE Build 600. I have compiled these older EA's again in the new Build 600 I understand that decompiling EA's that have been compiled with Build 600 is much more difficult than older builds. My Question: Even though my EA's are old, if I compile...
i attached the indicator, photo of indicator and code snippet of ea. I have tried to set an entry and exit for this indicator but i haven't got the exact or perfect entry. It's misbehaving, my settings are terrible. I would like to get best settings for this indicator. I have given the indicator...
[Deleted]
Heya guys. I keep getting these messages sent through to me. Any ideas how to stop them Thanks in advance karl
So, i'm writing an EA that paints rectangles into the chart. Yes, this should be done as an indicator but I want to use these rectangles in my back testing thus I want it drawn in the chart using an EA. My EA codes are run 1 time and is re-run every time a candle is closed. It works well on the...
I'm testing an EA and I occasionally get an error when opening a buy stop or sell stop. I am setting the price at 30 pips above the ask, which should be valid. I have used MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) to get the allowed stop value and still get this error on occasion. Can anyone tell me...
I made expert which open order if price getting higher or lower value of past day. Backtesting was fine, but problem is when I put expert on Pair, it open order immediately, because current value of price, when I started expert, had greater or lower value than max or low of past day. I need...
I am new to MT5 and am still trying to figure a few things out! Can someone please share a function that shows me how you would close all positions as per the subject line above? I will always only have open positions of either type OP_BUY or OP_SELL and never both. I have an input parameter on...
I'm selfish! Go Away! Yes, it's a good idea. Other people can improve it No, it's a bad idea. Feel free to reply with your reason(s).
Is it possible to running WebResquest() on two URLs? at same time?How?
Hi guys, I am a beginner so please excuse my lack of coding skills! First- I have created an EA to CLOSE all positions using a button on the chart (close all trades button) In this same EA I also want it to draw arrows on the chart when I open new positions manually. So I am trying to add an...
Hello everyone! This is my very first post and I could find an specific forum for discussing coding on mql5, just this EA subforum so sorry for any inconvenience. I am new to MQL5 and I am trying to do a simple EA which asks for a Date as a string in " yyyy.mm.dd hh:mi " format. Then it converts...
Dear community, I have two Questions. 1. Is it possible to sent a mail with variables? 2. If an ea, which trades EURGBP and EURJPY is attached to EURUSD, with EURGBP and EURJPY chartwindows closed, will it still be able to place orders on EURGBP and EURJPY? Thanks in advance and with best...
Hey I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. Im using MT4 on an macbook and I don't have any markets tab in my terminal window. I do have Trade, Exposure, Account History, News, Alerts , Mailbox, Code Base, Experts and Journal. Ive also tried downloading EAs directly from MQL5 but when i...
In freelance section, anyone who bid on the job display their statistics (jobs, arbitration and overdue). Is this done manually or is there a way to show your statistic automatically ?
Hello, i have a custom made EA for my trading style, it is set as when TP of the active trade is hit the ea will stop trading and delete the pending order and show on "Paused" the part responsible for that is quoted below, i want to change it so when TP is hit the EA will re-start itself from the...
[Deleted]
Hi I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I'm using the attached elder impulse indicator and trying to code my EA to check the color of the indicator automatically. Either green, blue or red. Really struggling with it though. I think I need to use something similar to the below, and although it
I found a great scalper online. It's called angrybird ea https://www.mql5.com/en/code/12872 Source code is available there too. The robot works perfectly, however, I would like the robot to follow these 2 rules. Can someone add these code to this EA? Rule #1: When price is above 50 days...
Dear community, If an OnTick occurs while the code in the OnTick section is processed, due to a previous tick, does the program ignore the tick or do the program cancel the processing code? With best regards, Larry
I got maximum or minimum price of selected bars in MQL4. here int highesht_bar=iHighest(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,MODE_HIGH,15,1); int lowest_bar=iLowest(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,MODE_LOW,15,1); And for highest or lowest price. high=High[iHighest(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,MODE_HIGH...
Some times my EA exceed the TP and ignore it until the signal reverse and converted to lose. any one have an idea why it behaves like this on the tester?