SIGNAL DELAY

Hello!

Does anyone know, how much the delay between the sender and the receiver is, if someone subscribes to a signal? 

Philipp Wiersdorf:

Hello!

Does anyone know, how much the delay between the sender and the receiver is, if someone subscribes to a signal? 

It depends on your broker and the VPS used. You have to consider slippage too (the difference in price between your broker and signal's broker), so choose a broker with a low (green values are best) slippage value in the Slippage tab.

Eleni Anna Branou:

It depends on your broker and the VPS used. You have to consider slippage too (the difference in price between your broker and signal's broker), so choose a broker with a low (green values are best) slippage value in the Slippage tab.

Thank you for your response. 

example: the provider has 2ms delay to the broker and the subscriber got a 50ms ping. Both use the same broker. What delay would be there?

Philipp Wiersdorf:

Thank you for your response. 

example: the provider has 2ms delay to the broker and the subscriber got a 50ms ping. Both use the same broker. What delay would be there?

If you are on the same broker and preferrably the same server, then your delay is not that important.

It would be best though, if you could find a VPS service with a lower ping value.

Have you tried MQL5 integrated VPS ?

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you are on the same broker and preferrably the same server, then your delay is not that important.

It would be best though, if you could find a VPS service with a lower ping value.

Have you tried MQL5 integrated VPS ?

yes, I did. With the integrated one i got 2 ms ping.

Philipp Wiersdorf:

yes, I did. With the integrated one i got 2 ms ping.

So, are you the signal provider?

I thought you were the subscriber.

Eleni Anna Branou:

So, are you the signal provider?

I thought you were the subscriber.

no no i am the provider. The problem is, that I use a trading technique, where my average trading time is 8 seconds. so maybe you can imagine, how important the delay to the subscriber is. That is why I want to know, how many milliseconds the delay is. Because if it is too big, I will have to search for another solution.

Reason: