mt editor sl tp problems - page 2

ok looking at that. :)

EMA('EURUSD',M10,31) - An exponential moving average;

• Stochastic('EURUSD',M10,8,3,3) - Stochastic oscillator;
  • EMA('EURUSD',H1,24) - An exponential moving average from another timeframe to confirm the first EMA;
  • Stochastic('EURJPY',H4,8,3,3) - Stochastic oscillator from another symbol and timeframe to confirm the first one;
  • IntradayTimeFilter – A time filter, which reveals the efficiency of all other signals during certain hours and days of the week.

• why is the stochastic on eur/jpy ?   :/

ok new question please :/ once you have used the wizard to make a programme how do you change the parameters on it ? I can not see any way to do it apart from redo from scratch or go right into the code directly :/ I see it goes to mt5 main and gives you some options in statergy test inputs ..if I can change there does it save to the main programme ?

good morning mtl people :)

I think I just broke the mt test programme tried a 7 year back test and it is stuck / not working :/ oops

2010-2018 slow and painfull death of $3000 to $83.89 ugggg :/

how do I add an indicator into an EA I've already made to retest please ?

also in mt5 inputs what is the difference between putting H12 or daily ? I noticed that if I changed from H12 to daily my profits went up a little but my gross loss went down by a lot :/

how do I reduce my holding period please anyone ?

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :/ how do I add things like indicators etc etc in expert template please ? in simple terms :)

'OnInit' - function already defined and has different type BOOM2.mq5 1801 5
    'OnInit' - function already defined and has body BOOM2.mq5 1801 5
    'return' - 'void' function returns a value BOOM2.mq5 1807 4
    'CSymbolInfo' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 815 4
    'sym' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 815 16
    'sym' - some operator expected BOOM2.mq5 815 16
    implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' BOOM2.mq5 831 28
    'CSymbolInfo' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 838 4
    'sym' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 838 16
    'sym' - some operator expected BOOM2.mq5 838 16
    implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' BOOM2.mq5 854 28
    'CSymbolInfo' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 1068 4
    'symbol' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 1068 16
    'symbol' - some operator expected BOOM2.mq5 1068 16
    'CSymbolInfo' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 1262 4
    'symbol' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 1262 16
    'sym' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 1523 16
    'sym' - some operator expected BOOM2.mq5 1523 16
    'CSymbolInfo' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 1562 4
    'sym' - undeclared identifier BOOM2.mq5 1562 16
    'sym' - some operator expected BOOM2.mq5 1562 16
    26 error(s), 2 warning(s)  27 3

1. plodder: :/ once you have used the wizard to make a programme how do you change the parameters on it ? I can not see any way to do it apart from redo from scratch or go right into the code directly :
      You start coding.
      EA builder, EATree, fxDreema, FxPro, Quant, Visual Trader Studio MQL5 Wizard, etc. are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.
      • Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
        If we tell you what you need, you can't code it.
        If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.
        We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

• EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
        EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time. New candle - MQL4 forum
        EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
        EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers. (pre-Build 500)
        EA builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
        EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)

2. plodder:

I think I just broke the mt test programme tried a 7 year back test and it is stuck / not working :/ oops

Do you really expect an answer? We can't see your broken code. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

3. plodder:

how do I add an indicator into an EA I've already made to retest please ?

also in mt5 inputs what is the difference between putting H12 or daily ? I noticed that if I changed from H12 to daily my profits went up a little but my gross loss went down by a lot :/

Don't try do that. There are no buffers, no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)
      Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into the EA and do what you want with it.
      You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
                Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum

4. 12 hours per bar.

5. plodder: how do I reduce my holding period please anyone ?
      Change your strategy or your settings. Do you really expect an answer?

6. plodder:

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :/ how do I add things like indicators etc etc in expert template please ? in simple terms :)

'OnInit' - function already defined and has different type BOOM2.mq5 1801 5
      'OnInit' - function already defined and has body BOOM2.mq5 1801 5
      :

Do you really expect an answer? We can't see your broken code. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

7. Stop wasting our time with your moronic posts. learn to code or pay (Freelance) someone to code it.
      We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.
                No free help
                urgent help.
    Reason: