Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 218

Hi, I can't seem to get these events to fire. I'm trying to write to a file but it does not output and the Print() function does not output anything to the log either. If I place the same code in OnInit() it works fine and I find the file with the output. I am using a 4 core processor and no local
  Coding EA help!  (3)
Hello, i am still coding my EA but there are some questions that i wanna ask to you all because I am an amateur in this MQL5 language. Sorry for my bad english xD The questions are: 1) How to give a certain time interval for EA to execute buy or sell? Example: I activate the autotrading on
My brother and I built a BOT, it works awesome on his computer but does not work correctly on mine. It will not close out positions when it is supposed to and just does not seem operate correctly. We both are using Windows 10 and all our settings in the BOT are identical. Any ideas
Hi all, I've attached the EA that I'm coding. It keeps coming up with "not all control paths return a value" - I''m not sure how to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi, I am using an EA which is working great for long and short positions combined. I am looking to trial an account with long positions only and a separate account with short positions only. However when i select either long or short positions only in the common section, it will either not open a
Hello everyone, I am cracking my head here. My code simply does not execute the SL or TP orders. They appear on the testing graph, but they are not executed. Can anybody help, please? Thanks. //IMPORTAÇÃO #include<Trade\Trade.mqh> //cria instância chamada "trade" CTrade trade; input int lote = 12
I wanna put whole my deposit to a position my code is working for currency pair like EURUSD buy cryptocurrency pair like BTCUSD give me invalid price error. Can someone tell me what i did wrong? double PriceOpenSell= NormalizeDouble ((AccountBalance/ 100000 )/Ask, 2 ); double PriceOpenSell=
Hey everyone! I recently started trying to program my own EA, and discovered this new world of expert advisor programming. I've programmed in Python and R in the past, as well as a bit of C++, therefore I am not too lost so far. However, I would like to create a mechanism that requires a specific
failed CTrade::OrderSend: instant buy 0.01 EURUSD at sl: ..... [ invalid volume ] Hello masters. I am new among you. When I try to put stop loss on my little robot, after a while I get this error. Can someone arrange this for me as it should be? so that I can learn something new. I apologize in
Hi everyone! So basically I'm coding an EA that places one trade depending on a given signal, and that trade runs just perfect. It places the trade when it should, and it changes the stop loss to breakeven once the first take profit target is hit. I want to code it so if the stop loss is hit
HI everybody, someone can help me with a simple EA
Hello guys, I'm using CopyTicksRange function in my EA to get MqlTick data for some calculations, but CopyTicksRange doesn't work when back-testing. Any solutions
Hello.. i cant figure out whats wrong with my code.. the lot decreases on next signal instead to increase input string MartinGale = "===< MartinGale Settings >===";input double Risk=1.0; input double Multi=0.5; double MinLot,MaxLot,Contract,lot;int
Hi all, I am still working on an EA that I am translating from MQL4 to MQL5. But I keep getting the same issue. So the goal is when an order gets executed (is a position) I play a different sound. I use text to speech instead of the standard alerts MT5 brings. The code itself runs well. The trading
Hi, When I run my EA on strategy tester, the indicators of that EA are not showing (sometimes they show like 1 in 6 times), and I stop and restart the strategy tester again and again until it shows. . . Clearly there are some problems, can anyone tell me why this is happening and how can I display
I cant found the error, here is the code. i want to use this file to import in another string CheckSignal() { MqlRates PriceInfo[]; ArraySetAsSeries (PriceInfo, true ); int Data = CopyRates ( Symbol (), Period (), 0 , 3 ,PriceInfo); string signal= "" ; double MiddleBandArray[]; double
hi guys, Is it possible that I get a tutorial, training or article that deals with the intricacies of developing a market scanner. I am new to developing in MQL5 and have written some EAs but a scanner will help my general productivity and I want to embark on that. I am still trying to get some
Let's say my EA is not performing very well and losing too many trades in a row, is there some way I can tell it to go sit on the bench for some time, like one hour or two (specifically) and try again later? Of course, I want to do that programatically, so it can always run unattended. TIA
Hi there, since a few days I recognize that if I run a backtest there are more objects (= trades) in the backtesting chart than the EA generated. It seems that thee EA uses a different template than the "tester" template. If I apply the "tester" template manually to a chart window, then all objects
Hi all, I'm completely new to developing EAs so hopefully theres a simple solution to this problem that I just can't see due to my inexperience. The EA should open a position if there is a new candle on the 5 mins timeframe, if the trend on both the 15 mins and 1 hour timeframes (based on a
can i ask that if my ea place some orders and then i addientally close the chart tgt with the ea, when i load it back agn, the orders is still there, but will my ea recognise those previous order
Hi Guys long time I am looking for a way for hide and un hide indicators are on chart but couldnt find a way , and now it is my quastion , can we change Visualzition of Custom Indicator from all time frame to Monthly with script ? with this way custome indicators will be hidden in 1M - weekly time
I took a 3 months VPS subscription and have also subscribed to a signal. When trying to migrate my signals and chats I am getting an error that Migration is failed. Attaching screenshots for your reference
I designed a simple EA using Moving Average Indicator. I want to find out the best MA Period which my EA gives back better results
I've looked into TimeCurrent() as well as CDatetime and I can't seem to figure out to determine the number of seconds elapsed in a day. I like TimeCurrent(), but I would prefer to have only the time without the date. I need to obtain the number of seconds elapsed as opposed to just the time as a
Hi All! Drazen Penic said in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/91438 Drazen Penic : Stop loss and take profit in the MqlRequest struct are prices, not a number of points or pips. sl Stop Loss price in case of the unfavorable price movement tp Take Profit price in the case of the favorable price
Hi All, I want to adjust my code to reference a past time and date. Is it possible to reference the last open? So Today -1 and server time = 16:30. I currently am coding it manually. Current Code - extern double BuyPrice=2972.10 Ideal Code - extern double BuyPrice=(Today -1 - 16:30) Thanks
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| buytest.mq5 | //| PAOM | //| https://www.mql5.com |
  EA opens only Buy Orders  (13   1 2)
Hello, I coded a simple EA based on one indicator which uses inidcator values from the current chart and the H4 chart. During the Backtest it came to my intention, that the EA only opens Buy Orders. When I change the code to only Sell Signals, it doesnt open any Trades. Does someone have an idea why
Hey, I have an EA that gets the Stack Overflow error if I don't put a Sleep of something like 1 second. I do have a loop that calls itself (something like an infinite loop) but I need to find a way to do this and not get the Stack Overflow error. The infine loop is something like this: My EA...