Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 216

Hi, I am new to Metatrader 5. I've got kind of a weird problem: I am using an EA which is working completely perfect when I attach it to the symbol ENQ. After detaching it and attaching it to the symbol DD, the German DAX future, it doesn't execute any trades. There is enough cash in the account
Hello, I want to save data between two starts of the same EA. I hesitate between using the Global Variables and an ini file. What solution do you use in general? Thank you, https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20842 https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/globals
I am using ctrade for my programming right now but as I want to expand my capabilites / possibilities, I am wondering if it is possible to set the position_id of an order? In the MqlTradeRequest struct there is the MqlTradeRequest.position member - is this there, so that my EA could set the
Hi, I did not see any example related to how to pass parameters to a .bat file. With the following code: ShellExecuteW( 0 , "open" , "start.bat" , "123" , "" , 1 ); I get the following error: Access violation read to 0x0000007B in 'shell32.dll' However, the following works when I do not pass any
Hi, I've created a custom EURUSD-M5 dataset which I've imported into MetaTrader 5 and want to use with the Strategy Tester. The data set loads fine into Metatrader without any problems or errors. The strategy Tester works fine with this data during the trading simulation processing stage. However
Hello Community, The problem is shortly explained on title. So I have this EA that basically acts as programmed (bug-free, optimised etc... took me some time but it goes VERY well). It is programmed to follow certain signals/arrows from an indicator. I need both Indicator and EA to be in existance
#include <Trade\Trade.mqh> //Create an instance of Ctrade CTrade trade; void OnTick() { //we calculate the ask price double Ask=NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_ASK),_Digits); //we calculate the Bid price double Bid=
Hi everyone, I am new to coding and was trying to make an EA just for Backtesting some CustomIndicators. It is a little Patchwork of all the Informations I was looking at: It is testing 28 currencys with one Indicator running over all of them on the D1-Chart. Well now I want to test it or want to
Hey there, I have a algorithm that I need to get information from the Bid/Ask book from two different stocks to trade them. The issue is, that I can run that algo in the function OnInit(), which requires me to keep replaying the EA. I would like to use the function OnBookEvent(), but when I try to
Good morning all, I have a small question, I have my EA that works very well with the strategy tester but in reality it has bug it does not open a position when it should. my question is that an EA works better with a powerful computer or the power has no influence. thank you all
Hi all, I usually download demos of EAs in order to test them and see how they perform in the strategy tester, most of the times they don't open and close a signle position. Can someone help me understanding why this is happening? Thanks in advance
I have an EA that draws rectangle on a specifically defined bearish pinbar followed by a bullish candle. Please see the code below. It basically shows the rectangle on the timeframe displayed on the chart. How can I search for this candlestick pattern on timeframes within an H1 candlestick down to
Somebody asked me to make an EA which can use the signals coming from an indicator. The problem is Indicator doesn't send any useful data as out put so I can't use iCustom. And it also doesn't draw anything on the chart so I can not work by its objects too. the only thing we have is the signals of...
  Compiling Errors  (3)
Hello guys. I am having a problem compiling this code. When I leave out the closing parenthesis I get only two errors. But when I include it I get 26 errors. Could you please help me by going through it and highlight for me anything that I may have missed? thanks! PS. "Createtline" is a function to
int PORBullishBars(int i) { int POR_Bullish_Counter = 0; for(i = 1; i < Bars - 100; i++) { (this is 694 line where error occurs: '-' - open parenthesis expected if(Bullish_POR_LevelBuffer[i] != 0 && Bullish_POR_LevelBuffer[i] != EMPTY_VALUE) { POR_Bullish_Counter = i; break; }
Hi, I have an EA running on remote desktop. The EA keeps getting upgraded from time to time. What is the best way to push the new version of the EA to all the remote desktop also loaded them on a new chart programmatically
I'm starting to experiment a bit with a neural network library in MT5. The library has some handy load and save methods which are useful to retain the network weightings between separate runs of the EA. I'm about to implement the load/save functionality but this leads me to my problem; Normally EAs
Hi everybody, Im developing an EA, but i' having trouble at understanding how I can get the value of the RSI at the current Tick. Im using the iRSI function, and I'm able to get values out of it. The problem is that I need the RSI value of the current tick and not of the last closed bar. Do you know
[Deleted]
Hi all, I ran optimization with MQL5 cloud network and I got this error: OnInit returned non-zero code 1. Can someone help me? Full log at: 2020.06 . 19 20 : 36 : 33.874 Tester Experts indicator and trend 23 .ex5 on EURUSD,M5 from 2020.06 . 15 00 : 00 to 2020.06 . 19 00 : 00 2020.06 . 19 20 : 36
Hi all, What's the best way to find the length of a trend in an oscillator? For example when macd moves below zero for 4 bars the length of the trend will be 4
I want to use the bollinger bands as normal, just with one exception: For the newest, the current candle, the bollinger bands shouldnt move as the price changes. I want to set a certain value, and the bollinger bands should form as if this value is the price of the current candle. Is that possible
If I cannot do it from same platform then I need to have 2 MQL5 accounts and being log-in from 1 MT5 platform to 1 account and from another platform to the other account? Is there a more simple solution? Thanks for your answers
Please I'm a beginner in python programing language and my mission is to create a trade copier for MT4. So I want to know if it is possible to use python and create mql file
Hello I'm building multiples EA for EURUSD, but there are some conflicts when they open a posiition. How can I filter to see if my current EA with magic number x have a open position? PS: There are more than 3 EA's. I didnt put all together because I wont be able to backtest . if (temosNovaVela
Hello there.. I'm new in MQL5. I'm planning to migrate my MQL4 file to MQL5. I wanna create objects that exactly point to price and time like DASH SYMBOL in MQL4 that are not supported in MQL5 anymore. I just found 2arrows that do that things in MQL5: OBJ_ARROW_LEFT_PRICE, OBJ_ARROW_RIGHT_PRICE I...
I paid for a new EA, but I can't install it. It appears a button saying "install" but I the button doesn't work. What shall I do? Shall I return the EA
[Deleted]
Hello admin, Does signal subscription mean copy trading? If I join a signal subscription, do I only see the trade taken or the system will automatically take the trades in my real account for me via the signal subscription I have. With the same logic, if I start to provide signals through my real
Hi All, I have a problem disable the signal that I am currently subscribing. I have unchecked all the box but the account won't stop trading
I can create a "dot" object just fine, the problem is that the dot shows up around 10 pips below the bid price, I would like for it to show exactly on the bid price line. void DrawDot( string DotName, double LinePrice, color LineColor) { if ( ObjectFind (DotName)< 0 ) { ObjectCreate ( 0
Need a broker with 1:5 leverage to backtest an EA. Tried XM, Admiral, IC, Pepperstone etc but in the strategy tester there's only 1:1, 1:10, 1:50 etc