What´s up with the "Standard" library ?

Hi all,

is there anybody out there who uses the standard libraries for MT5? I mean especially the financial libraries, libraries such as CExpert and so on. How reliable is this stuff, because the control classes are everything else than reliable and don´t work proper since they´ve been released.

Thanks in advance

Doerk 

Doerk:

Hi all,

is there anybody out there who uses the standard libraries for MT5? I mean especially the financial libraries, libraries such as CExpert and so on. How reliable is this stuff, because the control classes are everything else than reliable and don´t work proper since they´ve been released.

Thanks in advance

Doerk 

Hi, Doerk.

I downloaded the MetaTrader5 recently. Codes generated by the wizard or using the standard library worked well on the test. But i'm having problems after upgrading to the latest build, 1210. Such tests have stopped responding properly.

Unfortunately, i wasn't a follower of the rule of thumb: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/67509

Do you have the build 1200 of MetaTrader5?

Cordially.

Doerk Hilger:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Doerk 

I played with the control classes a year ago and quickly came to the conclusion that the panels and controls did not function correctly, were bug ridden and were not quality software.

Since then I have not trusted any of the Metaquotes toolkits beyond the base library methods that we all use.

I have used the String class but I copied it and modified it for my own purposes.

Likewise I have downloaded a hash class from external sources and modified that for my own purposes too.

Doerk Hilger:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Doerk 

Hello Doerk & Co -- I am curious to know if have your opinions on using the MQL5 Standard Library changed at all over the past 5-6 years? I am transitioning from MT4 to MT5 and really keen to adopt the OOP-based concept for building bots by composing objects representing experts, signals, filters, indicators, risk managers, etc and have been studying the various classes CExpert, CExpertSignal, CExpertMoney, and so on. In fact, I was even using similar OOP approaches for my own my projects in MQL4, depending on specific requirements.

Reason: