Automated Trading Championship 2010 - page 13

wackena:

If EA submitted for ATC-2010 passes verification testing with "no errors", does this mean EA has meets all ATC-2010 rules requirement for the verification test date range?

Example: Rule "The minimum trading amount is 0.1 lots, and the maximum is 5 lots, with an increase by 0.1 lot on every order.".

And ATC-2010 verified EA, with "no errors", closes a Position with an EA generated order for 15 lots in the "OUT" direction, which is not a Market Stop (StopLoss or TakeProfit) order.  Is this acceptable? If not, why doesn't the ATC-2010 verification test report this as an error?

I know what you mean, if we use ClosePosition() function in CTrade class to close bigger than 5 lots position, the order should be error in the contest.

I had to make another ClosePosition() function with "double lots" parameter.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

double positionlot = PositionGetDouble( POSITION_VOLUME );       //PositionGetDouble()  always have some troubles though ...

while( positionlot > 5.0 )
{
res = PositionClose( _Symbol, 5.0 ,0);
if( res ) positionlot = positionlot - 5.0;
}

res = PositionClose( _Symbol, positionlot ,0);

MqlTradeRequest   m_request;         // request data
MqlTradeResult    m_result;          // result data
ulong             m_deviation;       // deviation default

bool PositionClose(string symbol,double lots,ulong deviation)
  {
   double price;
//--- checking
   if(PositionSelect(symbol))
     {
      if((ENUM_POSITION_TYPE)PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE)==POSITION_TYPE_BUY)
        {
         //--- prepare query for close BUY position
         m_request.type =ORDER_TYPE_SELL;
         m_request.price=SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_BID);
        }
      else
        {
         //--- prepare query for close SELL position
         m_request.type =ORDER_TYPE_BUY;
         m_request.price=SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_ASK);
        }
     }
//--- setting request
   m_request.action      =TRADE_ACTION_DEAL;
   m_request.symbol      =symbol;
   m_request.volume      =lots;
   m_request.sl          =0.0;
   m_request.tp          =0.0;
   m_request.deviation   =(deviation==ULONG_MAX) ? m_deviation : deviation;
   m_request.type_filling=ORDER_FILLING_AON;
//---
   return(OrderSend(m_request,m_result));
  }

Did your EA get official "No error" without above?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Position Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Position Properties - Documentation on MQL5

peterspeed:

hello,

the homepage of Automated Trading Championship 2010 says  "During the Championship, we will publish detailed statements of trade operations of each Participant". 

Can anyone tell me how often will they update the statements...  Is it often enough to trade it with a real-time account? Any experience?

regards

Peter 

You will be able to get the "investor password" for all participants such as "MetaTrader".

And you need an account copy tool from MT5 to MT4 to do with real-"money" account.

I don't know it's often enough to do that real-time, it's depends on the strategy of each EA...

And I'm not sure they work or not, so you tell me.

Files:

hello

i have a question about 3 of the rules ..:    Make a minimum of 5 non-demo trades in the first 8 months of testing (2010.01.01 - 2010.09.01) and in the 3 months of the contest....

The Stop Out level (for forced closure of positions) is 50%....

Trades, made at non-market prices, will not be voided ...

could any one tell me what are these rules for  ??

another question is : i have opened some positions in my demo account that have been given for the competition ... will the account be reset at 10000 $ for the start day ?

thank you very much ...

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

msm_rastegar:

another question is : i have opened some positions in my demo account that have been given for the competition ... will the account be reset at 10000 $ for the start day ?

All participants will start with the initial deposit of 10000$

I've submit my ea and I got this message:
version is too old, it should be recompiled

I have recompiled and submitted again but got same error.

I've submitted a previous version of my ea last week and it worked fine. This week I only changed the value of 2 input parameters. I don't understand what happens.

Could someone help?

Thanks

Eric

If I same time pending follow order:

eurusd buy stop "ask + 100"  5 lots ; sell stop "ask - 100"  5 lots;

usdjpy buy stop "ask + 100"  5 lots ; sell stop "ask - 100"  5 lots;

gbpusd buy stop "ask + 100"  5 lots ; sell stop "ask - 100"  5 lots;

They total pending order number is eurusd bs 5 +  ss 5 + usdjpy bs 5 + ss 5 + gbpusd bs 5 + ss 5 = 5+5+5+5+5+5=30 lots >12 , Whether they violated the  The maximum amount of pending orders for all symbols at any point in time is 12?

Thank you! 

eba973:

I've submitted a previous version of my ea last week and it worked fine. This week I only changed the value of 2 input parameters. I don't understand what happens.

Could someone help?

Thanks

Eric

Recompile your EA with the latest version (328 build) of the client terminal and submit it again.

eba973:

Could someone help?

Thanks

Eric

Download latest (328th) build of client terminal. Recompile your EA with new build and attach it again in your profile. See #1 in the list of changes

We have introduced serious corrections to the MQL5 compiler, therefore the version of the compiler has changed. Due to the related update of the execution subsystem of the MetaTrader 5 terminal, ex5 files of Expert Advisors were not admitted to participate in the Championship. 

Now please update your terminal version, recompile files of your Expert Advisor and send them again.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused.

How to get money to the occupied hand margin of 0.1 and 1 point value?

Thank you. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: