Indicators: Equity Chart - page 8

transcendreamer:

I'll need to review the code related to hedged margin... this part has always been problematic... maybe even I'll rewrite it from scratch...

Percentage drawdown is calculated as: max DD / peak equity value

Write_Data_File is for exporting equity chart value into text file to use it in MS Excel, etc...

Export_History writes down historical orders data in a special format with orders parameters.

Import_History allows later to import that file on another PC / account instead of real orders history.

Okay, but at least the hedge margin is not far from real value right now

and for profit percentage? where it is calculated from? because the % of profit is showing different result

for those last 3 parameters, what I have to type in that rows? Sorry, it is for the first time to me

acealert:

Okay, but at least the hedge margin is not far from real value right now

and for profit percentage? where it is calculated from? because the % of profit is showing different result

for those last 3 parameters, what I have to type in that rows? Sorry, it is for the first time to me

It's always a question of methodology how to calculate profit percentage correctly, I've tried some variants, currently the formula is: 

Profitability=100*(GrowthRatio-1)/periods;

where  GrowthRatio is a rate of balance increase between any balance transactions (deposit/withdrawal) 

GrowthRatio*=(1+(IntervalProfit/IntervalBalance));

IntervalProfit is profit closed for some interval

IntervalBalance is balance at the start of interval

growth ratios are being multiplied for all intervals (product of growths) to get final geometric growth ratio

which is divided for the number of period later in formula

I hope I've coded it right heh

Does it works in strategy tester or just normal chart ..

Vahid Bigdeli:
Does it works in strategy tester or just normal chart ..

currently no

but i'll look into this

From time to time the following message appears in the log: “Equity-Monitor EURUSD,M1: indicator is too slow, 4734 ms. rewrite the indicator, please”.
Can the code be optimized, please? The MT4 is not overloaded, and the processor runs lower than 60-80%.

FabulousJ:
From time to time the following message appears in the log: “Equity-Monitor EURUSD,M1: indicator is too slow, 4734 ms. rewrite the indicator, please”.
Can the code be optimized, please? The MT4 is not overloaded, and the processor runs lower than 60-80%.

thanks for report

this usually happens when indicator has has a lot of data to calculate (e.g. M1)

I'll try to find way to optimize it

Hey transcendreamer ,,

can you do the same idea but as an expert that collects the same data and project it to an offline chart instead of an indicator on the chart, so we would be able to apply other indi on the balance chart like moving averages or even other customized indi :D

Mohamed Hamed:
Hey transcendreamer ,,

can you do the same idea but as an expert that collects the same data and project it to an offline chart instead of an indicator on the chart, so we would be able to apply other indi on the balance chart like moving averages or even other customized indi :D

i will think about it

transcendreamer:

i will think about it

thank you, sir , I would also really appreciate it if you make another indicator like the equity chart indicator but tracks points instead of balance and equity I mean pips growth 

Great indicator!

I have an issue though, maybe it is something I am doing wrong? I have set draw_begin to a date AFTER I topped up the demo account (it blew a couple times) (see attached)

But now it shows max DD like this (see attached)

I was expecting max drawdown to only show DD from that begin date until the present. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Files:
configeqmon.png  41 kb
maxdd.png  9 kb
Reason: