Indicators: Equity Chart - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Peejay Lal
Peejay Lal  

Hi transcendreamer,

Thank you for suggesting smart calculator for position planning. 

For real-time drawdown managment of different lots, a dynamic breakeven Line is needed for the present trade cycle. 

Since pips/dollars will be difficult to implement it will be useful if you can just print on the chart text average entry and stoploss in PIPS (not $) along with lots statistics.

Most of analytical statistics are now freely available  sites like myfxbook and fxblue, but the trades needs a dynamic Breakeven Line for the present trade cyle.

You can generalise current floating DD on 1 pair in a varying lot cycle as follows in Excel:

[SUM [(Trade1_lotsize*DD_pips*$perlot + Trade2_lotsize*DD_pips*$perlot+ ...  + TradeN_lotsize*DD_pips*$perlot)]]/(Initial _Account_Balance)*100

Where Trade 1 is the first trade in the Varying Lots cycle and trade N is the very last trade in the same trade cycle.

The following calculation  gives the current cycle $DD:

Current Varying Lot cycle DD ($) = SUM [(Trade1_lotsize*DD_pips*$perlot + Trade2_lotsize*DD_pips*$perlot+ ...  + TradeN_lotsize*DD_pips*$perlot)]. 

Thank you. 

transcendreamer
transcendreamer  

Ah, I understand, it's a sum of MAE of all positions currently held, I will think on this suggestion, it may require additional formalization points...

Chin Wai Hoong
Chin Wai Hoong  

Hi transendreamer,

I have been using the Equity-monitor for some time but recently my broker had changed the server and all the forex pairs and instruments comes with a suffix of -5 (for example EURUSD-5) and the indicator stopped working.

Is there anything that can be done in the code to fix this?

Thanks!

transcendreamer
transcendreamer  
Chin Wai Hoong:

Hi transendreamer,

I have been using the Equity-monitor for some time but recently my broker had changed the server and all the forex pairs and instruments comes with a suffix of -5 (for example EURUSD-5) and the indicator stopped working.

Is there anything that can be done in the code to fix this?

Thanks!

Hello, please look into parameters FX_prefix and FX_postfix, you may set appropriate broker symbols using it

Equity Monitor
Equity Monitor
  • www.mql5.com
С настройками по умолчанию индикатор строит две линии: кривую баланса и кривую средств текущего торгового счета. Дополнительно можно отобразить уровень задействованной маржи (в виде гистограммы) и свободных средств (дополнительная линия), чтобы оценить агрессивность торговли на различных участках торговой истории. В углу графика выводится...
To add comments, please log in or register