Indicators: Equity Chart - page 3

transcendreamer:

Hi Francesco, thanks for your kind reply,

hedged positions currently are not taken into account and all are being summed as is,

because it would require code refactoring for history orders,

for example position A and hedging position B could be opened in different times,

so that only intersection of periods holding should be accounted for hedge, leaving "tails" without hedge,

also brokers could change hedging margin policy, so it's not so easy to calculate all correctly,

anyway i'll try to think it all over, what could be done...

Hi transendreamer,

did you find a solution for the hedged positions?

I understand your point about intersection of periods holding should be accounted for hedge and I can think that iteration for all the bars could manage this intersection properly.

I also believe that we have to suppose that hedging margin policy are never changed by the broker because no solution can exist for this.

I hope that you could solve the issue because your tool is already great and can become really impressive fixing the hedging issue

thank you very much for your time and competence

best regards

Francesco

Francesco Bistolfi:

Hi transendreamer,

I understand your point about intersection of periods holding should be accounted for hedge and I can think that iteration for all the bars could manage this intersection properly.

I also believe that we have to suppose that hedging margin policy are never changed by the broker because no solution can exist for this.

I hope that you could solve the issue because your tool is already great and can become really impressive fixing the hedging issue

best regards

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

I was planning to rewrite the indicator but currently I'm working on some other project,

there was an idea to put orders cycle higher than history bars cycle,

and also it needs some updates and bugfixes,

I will return to this as soon as I get time and good inspiration,

I will keep your request in my priority list.

With best wishes...

Hi transendreamer, I am very interested to the hedging fix too

thanks

Hi Transcendreamer.

Do you have Equity_Monitor for MT5. Would really appreciate a copy! It is awesome on MT4.

Johann

johannm:

Hi Transcendreamer.

Do you have Equity_Monitor for MT5. Would really appreciate a copy! It is awesome on MT4.

Johann

Thanks

Currently no but i'm thinking about it

BTW mt4 version will be updated soon

transcendreamer:

Thanks

Thank you Sir.

transcendreamer:

Thanks

Francesco Bistolfi:

Hi transendreamer,

best regards

Francesco

Dear Transendreamer,

thank you for your indicator, I find it useful but I hope that MT4 version update will fix the hedged position margin as already asked in this topic. When will you release it?

KR

M2T

mat2trade:

Dear Transendreamer,

thank you for your indicator, I find it useful but I hope that MT4 version update will fix the hedged position margin as already asked in this topic. When will you release it?

KR

M2T

I'm working on it... it seems it requires a little more effort than i expected from beginning)))

Hi, to keep you updated I'm posting a preview version of future EM

please note it's still could be bugged but basically all new functions should be working

What's new:

• hedged margin accounting
  • new buffer for orders count
  • fully loaded trades history is now not required
  • trades export and import from text file
  • new profitability calculation (intervals method)

export-import file has the same format and quite close to MT4 statement also there are some changes 

it's better to make a test export to see it

new profitability calculation is close to that in mql5 signals and myfxbook

trading history is splitted into intervals between deposit/withdrawals operations

profit is summed for each interval and divided by incoming balance value

all these profitabilities (indices) are put into multiplication and then converted into %%

if anything strange happens - post me your bugreports

cheers

Files:

One more preview version, some bugs were fixed...

Files:
Reason: