Trend and levels - page 7

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Gerchik has at least three degrees: an MBA, a general economics degree and a special economics degree. And he has to make his explanations as for the Papuans, a cave painting. Because the audience is what it is.

A strong level has to be confirmed in related markets. Only then is it worth paying attention to.

Wait, I heard from him personally, he has a degree in Food Engineering in Odessa, after only some courses (on technical analysis), such as those he arranges, only cheaper and not as detailed.

What does it mean to confirm on related markets(? On stocks, he uses S@P500 to understand where the stock goes, on the main market, or against, is that what you mean? And on forex then how?

Sergey Lazarenko:

Wait, I heard from him personally, he has a degree in Food Engineering in Odessa, after that he only has some courses (in technical analysis), like the ones he arranges, only cheaper and not as detailed.

What does it mean to confirm on related markets(? On stocks, he uses S@P500 to understand where the stock goes, on the main market, or against, is that what you mean? And on forex then how?

yeah...and any business starts in the garage :-)

they do not allow you to trade in serious places "without a certificate", and without a personal education they do not get involved

Sergey Lazarenko:

Man, those aren't your levels, Gerczyk.

By the way, please, if the first time was the strongest, on what basis did you enter the second time on Kiwi? Yes, on Audi too, the first time it worked well, and the second time it went back, because these trades are trend, with the idea to go north, and after the first entry from the broken level the price should not in theory make a return, and as you see, not far off the second entry, and against the logic of the trend everything went. What do you think?

Straight away, it is clear for Kiwi, the mirror level is 0.7210, and why is it 0.7728 Sell for Audi?

Ah, not mine)) well, sorry, I do not understand.

on audi most likely 0.7728 because the last two bars hit almost the same price... The difference of 2 pips is nothing.

And who says the first one is the strongest?

I entered because we were above the level, tried to enter below the level - did not go, went back, false-break of the trend, APR was passed - I trade such situations...

Well, the question of why it didn't work out or worked out... I don't know why, this time it seems that the market mood has changed).

Look to the left at the history ... exactly the same levels I've got, exactly the same breakdowns, exactly the same mirror reflections ... the same thing, they all go the same way... I'm just working out the channels.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Gerchik has at least three degrees: an MBA, a general economics degree and a special economics degree. And he has to make his explanations as for the Papuans, a cave painting. Because the audience is what it is.

A strong level has to be confirmed in related markets. Only then is it worth paying attention to

There are no levels in forex because quotes are quietly traded below 1

Vladimir Baskakov:
On forex there are no levels because quotes are quietly traded below 1

On the big timeframes, though, there are... Intraday, on the other hand, there are none.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

On the big timeframes, though, there are... Intraday, on the other hand, there are none.

It's all quite arbitrary, and once you find a level, what should you do with it, whether you want a breakout or a bounce?

Vladimir Baskakov:
In forex, there are no levels because quotes are quietly traded below 1

What does it mean, quotes traded less than 1?

Forum for trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

Trend and levels

Maxim Kuznetsov, 2021.01.11 13:57

I have them on large timeframes. I don't have them in the middle of the day.

And how do you propose to determine whether the level is there or not? What should be the sign of the level?

Vladimir Baskakov:
All this is quite conditional, in fact, once you have found the level, what to do with it, to place it on the breakout or rebound.

Well, you asked a question to which there is only one answer. Trade what's closer to you))) If you like a breakdown, trade a breakdown... under certain conditions.

If closer to rebounds, then wait for rebound conditions to be fulfilled and trade it...

SVETLANA LOKSHINA:

Well, you asked a question to which there is only one answer. Trade what's closer to you))) If you like a breakdown, trade a breakdown... under certain conditions.

If you like a rebound, then wait for rebound conditions to be fulfilled and trade it...

I can't understand it: 1) we define a level, significant for the market, 2) if the conditions for a breakdown are fulfilled, then break it, if the rebound is reached, then it's a level, it's just a level, we need the precondition for some kind of action. In other words, there are two parts to the process.

Sergey Lazarenko:

Shit, I need to sharpen my focus, otherwise I don't understand: 1) we define a level that is significant for the market, 2) if there are conditions for a breakdown, then break it, if there are conditions for a rebound, then break it, just a level, it's just a level, we need preconditions for some kind of action. In other words the process consists of two parts.

absolutely right... ...just seeing a level and poking at it doesn't make much sense.

You need a prerequisite for further action. That is, an algorithm for action. If it's this... then I do this, if I see this on the chart, then I do that....

You can't explain it to a guy like that in a nutshell.

He'll have to be as willing as you or me to dig through a lot of information and draw his own conclusions, but I don't think he needs it.)

Reason: