Points VS Pips - page 2

I last read the relevant literature years ago, but I remember there was a single notion of a point - the minimum price change. For simplicity let's say 1.10173. For convenience there was a term "in basis points", say 1.1017. And there was also the term 'figure', say 1.10

Artyom Trishkin:

Where does it say points/pips?

I'm not talking about the value of the quotation, I'm talking about the made-up names.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. All right, then.

Artem, but if a pip is a minimum change in price, then does the size of the pip change based on the value of the quote?

You can talk about made-up names just like you talk about cockroaches. Everyone has their own cockroaches. I, for example, have no desire or right to stop anyone from raising their cockroaches.

The points, as I understand it, have their own programmers, brokers have their own and may be different. But not all the DC employees know what it is and when asked about it they say whatever comes into their head. Hence the destruction in the minds of forum participants.

Edgar:
I last read the relevant literature years ago, but I remember there was a single notion of a point - the minimum price change. For simplicity let's say 1.10173. For convenience there was the term "in basis points", say 1.1017. And there was also the term 'figure', say 1.10

A figure, that's 100 points, let it be in your phrase, "in basic points".

The statistics in Signals are given in pips, in fxblue they are given in pips. On flyblue the EURUSD point is equal to 0.0001.Therefore the profit there is shown as 2.3 pips.

Similarly, on other monitoring/copying services.

Only the first two words in the title of my article are mine. The rest are by the editor from MQ. In the tester the new mode is in pips, equal to EURUSD 0.00001.

So I guess we can accept fairly established industry terms.

Alexey Viktorov:

A figure is 100 pips, let it be in your expression, "in basic pips".

I would like to point out that a standard figure is equal to 100 pips or 1000 pips. Regardless of whether someone likes it or not.

There are many definitions of pips and pips on the internet, but wikipedia talks about pips and calls a 4 digit change in price as pips.

The concept of point was invented for all traders (not for traders with documentation Point()) to speak the same language saying "I made 17 points today", so that the question how many decimal places are in my terminal did not arise.

Artyom Trishkin:

There has never been any such thing. There is no "pip" or "pips" in the terminal, nor any other jargon from homegrown experts.

There is only one point - the minimal possible price change. Point.

And it is Point(). The value of this point shows by how much the price changes.

The same reasoning can be applied to the calculation of points, while the same reasoning can be applied to the calculation of points with a minimum possible price change. When the value of one point suddenly becomes 0.000001, what else will they come up with? Micrick?

Vladimir, please don't be like that.

If for a quote like 1.2356 6 is a pip, then for a quote like 1.23567 7 is a what ? It's a pip.

When they say to me - "I made 300 pips" I understand it as 30 pips and 120 pips as 1200 pips...

To be honest I don't care who thinks what, I don't like 5 digit quotes myself...

Vladimir Pastushak:

I would like to point out that a standard figure equals 100 pips or 1000 pips. Whether one likes it or not.

There are many definitions of pips and pips on the internet, but wikipedia talks about pips, and calls the change in price in 4 digits as pips.

Wikipedia is sometimes harmful, it is often filled with material that is far from reality, that is not competent.

For example, well, we know that this is not true, but the wildest lies and such examples abound.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Wikipedia is sometimes harmful to use, it is often filled with material that is far from reality, that is not competent.

Forexample, well, we know that this is not true, but the wildest lies, and such examples abound.

By your example of wikipedia on the Internet full of fantasies and because you believe in one of them does not mean that what is presented officially is not a reality ...

Nothing is perfect, wikipedia is not ideal but it is a resource you can rely on...

Vladimir Pastushak:

... A resource from which to push back...

It's better to push back once and never come close again.

Reason: