MT5 is for programmers, not traders - page 22

Mihail Matkovskij:
I am currently developing EAs and indicators. I used to write programs for Windows and work with three-dimensional graphics.
That's what I'm saying. The whole mcl service is for people like you. Developers of trading apps, with programming experience in general. You don't live for trading, you live for your apps. And if a person comes here for this particular business, they need to study the theory in depth to become a pro at writing prog. To be competitive. Traders as a class are not mentioned at all.

ILNUR777:
To study programming I don't consider nonsense. Don't attribute your fantasies to me.
The question here is not whether or not to learn programming at all. The question is how to make the journey easier. And whether it is appropriate for a beginner
to study in depth a broad field which he needs for narrow tasks which are not profitable. Other languages are not studied for the sake of a hobby either.

How to make it easier? You can't! You either like programming and you voluntarily chew on this granite, with enthusiasm :) or take it as a bitter pill, which you do not want to take, but must. In the case of programming, you don't have to. "If painting doesn't love you, all your love for it will do nothing" https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/224131/page21#comment_6319679:) Then the only thing left to love is trading (also, provided it loves you :) ). So, the key is the feeling you get when you are doing, programming, trading, whatever. If it's not your thing, don't torture yourself, if on the contrary, go on, go deeper into it ;)

MT5-это терминал для программистов, а не для трейдеров
MT5-это терминал для программистов, а не для трейдеров
  • www.mql5.com
Читая форум прихожу к выводу, что здесь в основном трутся махровые программисты...

ILNUR777:
That's my point. The whole μl service has become for people like you. Developers of trading apps, with programming experience in general. You don't live by trading, you live by your applications. And if a person comes here for this particular business, they need to study the theory in depth, to become a pro at writing programs. To be competitive. Traders as a class are not mentioned at all.

Have you tried the Expert Advisor constructor?

Mihail Matkovskij:

How do you make it easier? You can't! You either like programming and you voluntarily chew on this granite, enthusiastically :) or you take it as a bitter pill that you don't want to take, but you have to. In the case of programming, you don't have to. "If painting doesn't love you, all your love for it will do nothing" https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/224131/page21#comment_6319679:) Then the only thing left to love is trading (also, provided it loves you :) ). So, the key is the feeling you get when you are doing, programming, trading, whatever. If it's not your thing, don't torture yourself, if on the contrary, go on, go deeper into it ;)

This is a direct lie. Take away the codebase or articles, and learning is already complicated. Add them and a tutorial, and learning becomes easier. So this parameter can be managed to a certain extent, if one is willing. So you are lying.

George Merts:

A newcomer to conventional programming might realise that he can write a game as good as Doom or WorldOfTanks. But that's no reason for a beginner to give up "Hello Word 1" in favour of learning DirectX.

I have a colleague who is a pretty smart "manual" trader, who has been trading with varying success for 10 years. It was for him that I wrote my first MQLs.

So, he wanted to study programming at least up to the level of "write an ATR indicator". He has looked through the courses, looked at the code, even tried to write something, and gave up after a week. He said, "Not for me, write everything yourself, I will tell you what exactly it is".

Well, for him it is the same whether it is MT4 or MT5. They both are mere words.

My wife, I'm sure, will say the same thing.

I have also had a few of them. I have had a few of them, they are absolutely unable to write their own programs. They have reached the level of code understanding, they say: I am not able to go further, let's stop here.

ILNUR777:
You don't live by trading, you live by your applications.

If you mean me, I study the market, you could say I live trading to some extent. But I translate all my ideas into ATSs and test them on the Expert Advisor tester. In the future I plan to join traders for creating joint projectors, when I finish working on my ideas.

Mihail Matkovskij:

Have you tried the expert constructor?

I don't need it. The questions and the subject of this thread are not about my knowledge. It's also not about whether or not to learn the language. The question is about something else. Reread-maybe you'll see what it is.

ILNUR777:
That's a direct lie. Take away the codebase or the articles and learning is already complicated. Add them and a textbook, and learning becomes easier. So this parameter can be managed to a certain extent, if you're willing. So you are lying.

Who removed the Codebase or the articles? I think everything is in place. What are you making up? :)

There is so much information on the Internet that is enough for any beginner, if he only wants to do something in MQL or trading.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT5 is a terminal for programmers, not for traders

fxsaber, 2018.01.09 17:55

Do I get it right that if MQL5 could be coded in the same way as MQL4, the questions of high complexity of MQL5 would not arise?

The answer was yes! Expect similar decisions.

Mihail Matkovskij:

Who took away the Codebase or the articles? Everything's in place, isn't it? What are you making up? :)

Don't play dumb, please. You said that there is no way to simplify the path. I gave you an elementary example of complication and simplification.
Hypothetically removing the base and articles. To give you an example.
You know exactly what I mean. And you're playing dumb because you're wrong.
Not interested further.
Reason: