FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 18: August 2012) - page 480

strangerr:

Yeah I hear you, except who told you that merchants are hedgers? That's why if I have to buy 100k from the same bank, I'll buy 10 first, then sell 5, then buy 7, sell 3, etc. until I get 100. Exactly so that the bank doesn't take that position)))

at the close of the week all your moves will be recalculated and issued as a report...

That's probably what we should be looking at, total commercial and non-commercial positions
there are more long positions so it's not going down

BRITISH POUND STERLING - CHICAGO MERCANTILE EXCHANGE Code-096742
Commitments of Traders with Delta-adjusted Options and Futures Combined, August 7, 2012 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- : Total : Reportable Positions : Nonreportable : ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Positions : Open : Non-Commercial : Commercial :  Total : :  Interest : Long : Short : Spreading : Long : Short :  Short: Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- : : (CONTRACTS OF GBP 62,500) : : : : All : 119,743 : 25,374 33,970 3,567 72,51

Vizard:

This is a cash cow... which will give you everything you ask for... you can analyse all 3 components of the SOT and separately... but...... will find out and check it himself )))... I can only say that there is no fish there...

I was looking for them three years ago, they are there, but there are lots of BUT, it's a long story.

Vizard:

You and Tantrik went to the bank with dollars... you bought Euros for 100k Tantrik for 0.1k... what position will the bank take... come one hour later and repeat the action... will the bank say it has no money... and how will selling the bank Euros affect your desire to repeat the above actions again))))

The answer is that the bank will not take a position. The number of sales always equals the number of purchases. ALWAYS )))

Here's on the euere. Longs shorted.

EURO FX - CHICAGO MERCANTILE EXCHANGE Code-099741

Commitments of Traders with Delta-adjusted Options and Futures Combined, August 7, 2012 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- : Total : Reportable Positions : Nonreportable :---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Positions : Open : Non-Commercial : Commercial :  Total :  Interest : Long : Short : Spreading : Long : Short : Long : Short: Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- : : (CONTRACTS OF EUR 125,000) : : : : : All : 363,073 : 44,923 178,098 28, 492 250.55

solar:

The answer is no bank will take a position. The number of sales always equals the number of purchases. ALWAYS )))

in this example the position in the report...

In 2008 we also stood in the longs with our shorts on, and it was as useful as .... )))

solar:

The answer is no bank will take a position. The number of sales always equals the number of purchases. ALWAYS )))
That's not true.

strangerr:
It is not.

I'm sorry. but it's true. no irony, etc.

p.s. look into the glass . 1 sales contract satisfies - 1 buying contract etc. blah blah blah

solar:

i'm sorry. but it's true. no irony, etc.

p.s. look into the glass . 1 sales contract satisfies - 1 buying contract etc. blah blah blah

I'm not being ironic either, but so be it. It's just too obvious, like an axiom, and no one really thinks about it.
Reason: