Fractals, fractal structures, their graphic images + Canvas - page 13

Nikolai Semko:

I've already tried arguing about physical principles...

Well, you have a lot of factors, and it's not clear how to take them all into account... If you simply build splines on all these centres, the result may be either very good or very different...

I just suggested the method of chart re-drawing, I think you can start with it, and then try to find regularities in the obtained picture and build some backbone of the trading strategy ... But so far the main problem I see is the mechanism of finding those waves.

Алексей Тарабанов:
Fucking hell.

that's the prose of life, Alexei.

the best ideas come to the brain from outer space

;)

Nikolai Semko:

Nikolai, great post.

I too enjoy experimenting with channels and waves. It doesn't seem to me anymore that the reason for building channels, lies in a clear law).

My channels are built based on completely new principles, but they depend on the time interval in question.

There are much more channels than it is possible to imagine on a certain timeframe. And all of them obey the same law. It's amazing, in the chaos of incoming prices - stability.

---------

As for me, fractals cause mistrust and uncertainty. On history it is good, but not on the current moment. And if someone starts to talk about a half fractal, it makes me smile.

Andrey Azatskiy:

As an idea (haven't read everything here, maybe already discussed...)

You could try looking at Elliott wave sequences and twisting them into a fractal pattern. In fact, the ellipt idea itself is a fractal - according to which one large wave is divided into smaller waves, but drawn according to the same scheme.

At the very beginning of the topic - suggested a way of drawing a fractal chart from the middle of the square ...

One can try to improve this way using Elliott Wave Theory. For example, we have one sick wave - draw all movements upwards postponing dashes to the right from the centre, the height of the Y-axis is postponed as a ratio of the wave's beginning to its previous beginning. 3 large dashes to the right should come out as a result.

All corrective waves following a similar technique will end up with 2 dashes to the left.

Oklo each of these dashes - draw the same sequences... only take the information from the market. If the picture turns out the way I think - then you can try to do something with it...

I have not tried to use my algorithm yet, but the picture that I think we can get - will look like this (I repeat - this picture is only supposedly a fractal I drew in Paint):

Elliot waves are nothing in themselves, so there is no point in relying on them. The work should be based only on guessed hypotheses, otherwise there will be a pile-up. The Elliott Waves are not proven. Many rules have been created about them, yes. But this is just a part of intuitive trading. In which you train your brain to trade profit, and it does not matter what methods you use, if waves help you, ok, someone else may use simple averages.

Maxim Romanov:
Elliot waves are nothing in themselves, so there is no point in relying on them. The work should be based only on guessed hypotheses, otherwise there will be a pile-up. The Elliott Waves are not proven. Many rules have been created about them, yes. But this is just a part of intuitive trading. In which you train your brain to trade profit, and it does not matter what methods you use, if waves help you, okay, someone else may use simple averages.

The averages and SPE are the basis of statistics you can say with them not to argue, but trading systems based on averages alone - i.e. i can't find almost profitable ones (i mean if you use textbook classics)...
I have not traded with hands for a long time, but the wave patterns can be seen in the market, and if we speak of fractals, this is the first thing that comes to mind - because the basic idea of waves is essentially a figure in a drawing.

Nikolai Semko:

Yes, that's what I wrote recently) no one will lay out a worthwhile job because they have spent their time, money and raw materials on something that others do not even understand. Even if the result is negative, the work has been done and needs to be respected. They will say on the forum: you are a fool.
I myself was thinking about gravitation and whether it is possible to deduce the masses and position of bodies from the trajectory. You can, because you can find objects in space by indirect evidence... ...but I think it's possible, with a certain probability.
But also came to the conclusion that masses appear and disappear and the law of their appearance still remains unknown. That is, you can get away from a 50% probability, but not very far. It may be enough for a stable profit, but ideally I would not like that.

Andrey Azatskiy:

Well, the averages and SMAs are the basis of statistics one can say there is no need to argue with them, but trading systems based on averages alone are not practically profitable (I mean if one uses textbook classics)...
I have not traded with hands for a long time, but all the same wave patterns can be seen in the market. If we speak of fractals, this is the first thing that comes to mind, because the basic idea of waves is essentially a drawing in a chart.

Yes, averages occupy a big place in statistics, but there they are used as a tool, for certain purposes, and their use is justified. You can earn in the market using averages, but if you use them as a tool for certain purposes, justified. I made an algorithm that earned on averages, but averages were not the basis. And you can make money on waves) and you can see them. But all of the Elliot waves can be reduced not to 5-wave, but to 2-wave models. This is a trend and a pullback. There the trend is fractured again and the pullback is fractured into similar structures.
But there is a big problem! Elliott originally came up with the structure for the funds, no matter how right or wrong it is for the funds! Stocks always go up, for a simple reason. In forex the model no longer fits, because a pair doesn't always go up, it can go anywhere.

Maxim Romanov:
Yes, averages occupy a big place in statistics, but they are used there as a tool, for certain purposes, and their use is justified. In the market you can earn with averages, but if you use them as a tool for certain goals, justified. I made an algorithm that earned on averages, but averages were not the basis. And you can make money on waves) and you can see them. But all of the Elliot waves can be reduced not to 5-wave, but to 2-wave models. This is a trend and a pullback. There the trend is fractured again and the pullback is fractured into similar structures.
But there is a big problem! Elliot in the original for funds came up with the structure, however right or wrong it may be, it is for funds! Stocks always go up, for a simple reason. In forex the model no longer fits, because a pair doesn't always go up, it can go anywhere.

So I'm not interested in forex)

Offtop:
I've been with one forex broker, I thought I would get a job)). I thought I would get a job. The site is just a peek at the world level (really I'm working all over the world). In reality there is a room with 20 squares and 15 people and a lot of computers, + food on the tables and cigarette butts over the windows. I think their work methods do not need to explain ...

(I won't say the name, I'm not discussing brokers, I'm not breaking any rules, I'm just sharing an observation).

Andrey Azatskiy:

So I'm not interested in forex)

Offtop:
I've been to one forex broker, I thought I'd get a job)) I thought I would look at the brokerage site and see how it works. The site is a real world class (really I work all over the world) In reality it's a room with 20 squares and 15 people and a lot of computers, + food on the tables and cigarette butts over the windows. I think their work methods do not need to explain ...

(I will not say the name, I will not discuss the brokers, the rules are not violated) just share an observation).
I meant that the case is very special, for example the commodities market will not work either. The theory should be comprehensive on which to build the next one. Or have clear assumptions, like in science.
Not all forex is as you have seen it)

Nikolai Semko:

About six years ago I published my first developments in this field in KB:https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10882. I just used a 1st degree polynomial (Linear Regression) for channel recognition there. After that I have considerably advanced in this area. But I don't publish anything and won't for obvious reasons. I only give hints for inquiring minds.

If I'm not going to lie, I have been studying your indicator Channels for about half a year.

Last month I did a job - I needed to draw the trend lines on the ZigZag tops with a certain algorithm - in the tester they have pictures just like your channels - the price either bounces from the trend line or not - it's so beautiful.....

i thought about studying your indicators today.... but somehow it seems that my ZZ trends are just an illusion - your Channels are just an illusion.... We have to decide not what we see as "patterns" but what's really going on and what can be used to build TS - nothing in principle: the channel and trend lines are based on 2 points and all that will happen is one more touch of the channel line (trend line) or no touch of it - what I mean, the maximum is the third point, but not the 4th or the 5th point of contact with this channel (trend line) - please note that it often happens and the third point of contact with the line will not be a quite frequent event as well. I.e. statistically there cannot be any regularity here

imho, it is an illusion that there is in the continuation of the channel or trend line a forecast of the future price movement

Reason: