Strategies that work - page 5

Ilya Malev:

You should always look at D1 here. Net means from extremum to open, not from close to open.

Controversial statement..., most likely just a Beginner's opinion....

What is a GEP?... It is ( usually ) market activity over the weekend, but not displayed TIME on the terminal, so it was off at that time...

Therefore, if there was a trend on D1 at the end of Friday, it will continue on Monday. The possibility that there will be a trend reversal at the weekend (not considered in the terminal) is quite low...

What may the GEP affect? Scalping strategies? - I don't think so, they usually close all deals at the end of Friday... Mid-term and conservative strategies do not influence them either, because the jump around 40-50 pips on the daily chart is not even visible...

This leaves intraday strategies... And here you have to apply small tricks so that it does not affect profits... But this is all solvable...

Ilya Malev:

The working TF and the TF where the Expert Advisor is running are not always the same :)

That is what I wrote about above:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Working Strategies

Vladimir Karputov, 2019.01.27 10:32

I have no idea how to use it. I've already started working on it. I've already started thinking about it and I'll keep trying. I have a different approach to the problem, I have a different approach to the problem.

Serqey Nikitin:

What is a GEP...? It is ( usually ) market activity over the weekend, but not displayed TIME on the terminal, so it was off at the time...

Who, the market or the terminal? =))

Aleksey Rodionov:

All the grannies are complaining about their pensions, and everyone has a stash, where from? That's right, trading...

Grandmothers have it easier, they are engaged in the real sector of the economy (selling seeds, potatoes, etc.), not in the speculative sector (where they rule wherever they want in the open).

Ilya Malev:

Who, the market or the terminal? =))

We can only see the operation of the market through the terminal... If we can see the operation of the market without the terminal, we cannot influence decisions because the terminal is disabled...

What is not clear?

Serqey Nikitin:

What's not clear?

All for me, but not for you.

Ilya Malev:

All for me, but not for you

I'm sorry for you, but I'm not going to retrain you...

Serqey Nikitin:
I'm sorry for you, but I'm not going to retrain you...

Thank you for your kind words. You too.

There is a solid strategy. It will work out if you look carefully first.

Artem Konkov:
There is a solid strategy. It will work if you work it out first.
It doesn't seem logical... First you have to figure it out, then see if it works, and only then conclude whether "there is a credible strategy" or not yet...
Reason: