Profit Generator EA - page 8

holyguy7:
Thanks Nich, you have done a lot of work on this EA and we all appreciate it. Your work will not go unrewarded. I am currently setting up the computers with a number of different senarios. It was much easier with the first version because it was so basic, but now, I don't know what to try out???

I am starting over with all fresh 10K demo accounts.

1. I am going to do the same as last time with the current version that Nich created except timefilter on the EURUSD and USDCHF.

2. Same as above but I am going to add in ALL currency pairs (19) that interbank fx allows. I have changed the TP and SL on some of the ones that don't fluxuate as much but I will see how it goes. I basically want to see which currency pairs work on this EA and which will not work. So far, most have worked which is amazing.

3. Same as 2 except Weekly chart.

4. Same as 2 except Monthly chart.

5. Same as 2 except H1 chart.

Thanks for the alerts. Always nice to get alerts for those leary of autotrade systems. I can't think of much more we can do with this EA as it it is very simple yet powerful. Let's all try to test the latest version to see what kind of results we can get.

One more thing that I was wondering would be a possibility. Is there a way to get the EA to auto-close a trade at a certain time. I was wondering if the EA could automatically close all trades at 21:00 GMT on Friday so that no trades stay open over the weekend. I was just wondering if it was a possiblity of not. If not, not a big deal.

Thanks again for all the help. Let's all work together to see if we can make some profit together. We are going up against the banking institutions so we need every edge we can get.

Anything is possible. Give me more input... Do you want to close all trades regardless of profit? Do you want to close profitable trades and hedge the losers? I can code your ideas...provided (of course) I get the magical settings

Lots=0.1

Hi all,

When I use Lots=1 and MM=true the EA is placing trades with an increasing number of lots as soon as your deposit is increasing. When I change Lots=0.1 (MM=true) the EA is still making trades as if Lots is 1. Only when I change MM=false the EA is using Lots=0.1. How can I use Lots=0.1 and MM=true together?

And what if I want to use a micro-account (Lots=0.01)? (A micro-account with MT4 is possible with Nueimex).

Thanks for all your hard work!

What exactly how do you create a preset again? Still newbie at this!

newdigital:
May you clarify which version of EA are you using? And as I understand you correctly you are thinking to use H1 timeframe instead of D1. Right?

Is this preset for D1?

If this EA works well on D1 timeframe so it is really great.

That is correct. My presets were ALL for the D1 timeframe, but I noticed that for the three majors that they did not do so well but switching those to the H1 timeframe with the above presets seems to help a lot and would have made this EA even more profitable (probably $1000 more in profit in just 3 days).

The version I used was the original that has been updated by Nich. If you want it, I can post it again but it is the same as Nich's latest without all the bells and whistles.

All mine had was a TP, SL, Lots and timefilter. Nich just added many new features which are very exciting to this EA.

NewDigital, I believe this is the EA you might be looking for as it appears to be very consistent in higher timeframes (D1 and Weekly). Please help us test settings as this EA appears to be profitable with just about every currency pair I threw at it.

I am currently testing this EA in the H1, D1 and Weekly timeframes with EVERY currency pair that Interbank FX offers to trade (19 in all).

I will report back the findings after trading resumes Monday.

Nicholishen:
Anything is possible. Give me more input... Do you want to close all trades regardless of profit? Do you want to close profitable trades and hedge the losers? I can code your ideas...provided (of course) I get the magical settings

Yes, I would like to to close all trades regardless of profit/loss 1 hour before the close of the market on Friday. Is that possible? If you could make it adjustable so that it will close all trades or will not close all trades, that would be great. I just think this feature might be good as sometimes economic events could happen over the weekend that can cause serious gaps on Monday morning.

If there is a chance that could be added in, it would be wonderful, if not, no big deal. You have done enough already.

holyguy7:
That is correct. My presets were ALL for the D1 timeframe, but I noticed that for the three majors that they did not do so well but switching those to the H1 timeframe with the above presets seems to help a lot and would have made this EA even more profitable (probably $1000 more in profit in just 3 days).

The version I used was the original that has been updated by Nich. If you want it, I can post it again but it is the same as Nich's latest without all the bells and whistles.

All mine had was a TP, SL, Lots and timefilter. Nich just added many new features which are very exciting to this EA.

NewDigital, I believe this is the EA you might be looking for as it appears to be very consistent in higher timeframes (D1 and Weekly). Please help us test settings as this EA appears to be profitable with just about every currency pair I threw at it.

I am currently testing this EA in the H1, D1 and Weekly timeframes with EVERY currency pair that Interbank FX offers to trade (19 in all).

I will report back the findings after trading resumes Monday.

Holyguy7,

Please post this your version once again.

So you are using EA with pre-set files (attached) for D1 timeframe except EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF. EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF is H1 timeframe with the same pre-set. Right?

Nicholishen:
No worries! I believe the correct calculation for what you are trying to accomplish is x/y=n. (this is assuming 100:1 leverage) Where x=desired margin traded; y=Account free margin; and n=risk. An example would be if I had 50K free margin and I wanted to start off trading 0.1 lots then $100 is the margin requirement to trade .1 lot. I would take the 100 then devide by 50000 which results in .002. You would then want to enter .2 into the risk perameter to get the desired result. If you would like to use lower risk factors than 1% of margin(such as this example), you will need to download the version on this post. Happy Trading!

OK! Got it. Thanks a lot!

newdigital:
Holyguy7,

Please post this your version once again.

So you are using EA with pre-set files (attached) for D1 timeframe except EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF. EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF is H1 timeframe with the same pre-set. Right?

OK, here it goes. Let me explain. the Preset file that I posted HERE has all ORIGINAL settings I used to get the results in Post 1 found HERE

However, I had the original EA running on the H1, H4, Daily and Weekly timeframes. I discovered after looking at the losses in the Daily found in Post 1 that the results could have been improved if I would have had the following currency pairs on the H1 chart:

EURUSD (Take profit: 25 - Stoploss: 25)

GBPUSD (Take profit: 30 - Stoploss: 30)

USDCHF (Take profit: 30 - Stoploss: 30)

With Timefilter ON.

So now I am testing all 12 original currency pairs on the D1 chart with the exception of the 3 above (which I am testing in the H1 timeframe) with the above settings.

Here is the original Profit Generator EA that has been modified greatly over the weekend by Nich.

Test and enjoy.

Files:

Hello Holyguy7,

Thx for this message

BrunoFX:
Hello Holyguy7, Thx for this message

No problem Bruno. I believe this EA works very similarly to STI. That is why I went to the Daily timeframe on STI because I saw the results were good on this and thought they might work on that one. STI is more reliable, but does not trade as much so it is not a profitable.

This EA so far is the most profitable I have seen. Works on shear price movements and no indicators.

Reason: