Strategies that work - page 4

I recommend learning from Paul Tudor Jones

The secret of a good strategy is to spend 90% of your time controlling your risks, not your imaginary gains.

Anikjon:
Hello. Who can advise a good strategy?
Go to investing.com, there are a lot of vanguards in the chat room, oil, Sber ...

Fast528:
She is worth her weight in gold, only scammers will offer her topics

The person asked a specific question. He needs specific advice.

Arewa777:
Go to investing.com, there are a lot of vanguards in the chat room, oil, Sber...

By the way, why do you have a rating of 5 ? Even though you registered in October 16?

Vladimir Karputov:

You can check: take as a gap minimum N pips (1.00045-1.00055=1 pips), Take profit 50 pips (1.00045-1.00055=1 pips).

All in all, it's like this from 2000 to Now. 50 stop is not enough (here I put 100), the gap is pure low-open 3 pips. If you adjust it will be better, of course.

Sergei Lanin:

I recommend learning from Paul Tudor Jones

The secret of a good strategy is to spend 90% of your time controlling your risks, not your imaginary returns.

A miserable understanding of the subject...

Risk management is MM ( money management ) and is essentially pure arithmetic...

Strategy is primarily an idea ... i.e. solving the problem of profitable trading at the level of invention ...

MM is a MUST part of any strategy, but not every strategy is profitable...

Ilya Malev:

All in all, it's something like this from 2000 to Now. 50 stop is not enough (here I put 100), gap is pure low-open 3 points. If you adjust it will be better, of course.

Oh well. It turns out that the gap may be considered differently and there are also "pure" and "not pure" points. And then there is the current timeframe and the timeframe in which to watch the gap.

Vladimir Karputov:

Oh, boy. It turns out that the gap can be counted differently and there are also "pure" and "non-pure" points. And then there is the current timeframe and the timeframe in which to watch the gap.

Here on D1, we always need to look at it. Net means from the extremum to the opening, not from the closing to the opening.

Ilya Malev:

You should always look at D1 here. Clean means from extremum to open, not from close to open.

If working on D1 it is not convenient to follow: trailing is useless, and working on every tick is bad. Gaps are better checked using two schemes:

1. High-Open (or Low-Open)
  2. and Close-Open
two schemes are necessary for more accurate examination. There are different pairs, after all.

Vladimir Karputov:

If working on D1 it is not convenient to follow: trailing is useless, and working on every tick is bad.

The working TF and the TF on which the Expert Advisor is running are not always the same :)

I agree about the schemes, I just made the quickest estimation.
Reason: