Preparing scalping - page 10

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Watching the channel, price is going up, but visually you can see that the rate of increase is slowing down. I underline, maybe it is slowing down. In this case for the buy orders you do not need to worry about the lower range, but it is better to limit the upper one, so that if the price turns down, there are no "danglers" on top.

I would place red lines 1.1632-1.1668.

Now with the selling. The same situation, but vice versa. We put the upper border above the upper limit of the channel and the lower one - 1.1680-1.1650, again, to avoid overhangs.

In the nearest future I will make lines sloping, it will be easier and more convenient.

I advise to train in the tester. It is necessary to run in visual mode, the model All ticks. Then apply HP indicator to the chart and save it as a default template. Buttons in the tester work, trade resolutions can be set.

My suggestion would be to choose a flat section on the history. You may know in advance what was happening there, it is important to feel and play with these lines. Then find the trend section and so on.

"visually" / "intuitively" is not our method :-) There has to be at least a qualitative characteristic

I would add a linear channel (or an informer from it), it is narrow when prices are consistent and widens at reversals. In general, you can build a relationship f (slope, width) -> colour of the trend.

Really would love to see a short tutorial video ))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Then put the HP indicator on the chart and save it as a default template...

As far as I remember, still not as a default template (this one is for new charts), but as a tester template. A template with that name will only be used in the tester. This is true for mt4 and mt5.

Andrei Novichkov:

Really would like to see a short tutorial video ))

As far as I remember, it's not the default template (this one is for new charts), but the tester template. A template with that name will only apply to the tester. This is true for mt4 and mt5.

Actually, I have to check everything with build 1121, MQ has been re-done there again. The old way of working with custom .fxt from Dukas doesn't work anymore. I made one through TickStory Lite today and the test didn't even start with it, everything was hanging.

I'm making the lines slanted now, I'll do it and then you can do the video too. Tof again, these crutches with lines are hopefully temporary.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

... I look at the economic calendar, and if there is tasty news, I set an alarm for those times.

Then I just actively work the buttons ...

Alexey, your scalper is essentially flat because it's designed to return to the channel from its borders. In that case it would be more logical to exclude trading on the parts with high volatility. For example, choose the Asian session. You, on the contrary, suggest to trade on the red news. The spread is wider there. What is the trick, sir? More tangible and faster corrections? But catching falling knives is dangerous? Or does that not apply to pro-level scalpers?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Trade enable buttons

There are 2 buttons on the screen - Sell enable and Buy enable. When pressed, the button is red and enables the appropriate trading direction.

After automatic trading is started and range lines are drawn, the Sell enable and Buy enable buttons should be pressed, i.e. they should be red. Am I correct?

Grigori.S.B:

Alexey, your scalper is essentially flat because it is designed to return to the channel from its boundaries. In that case it would be more logical to exclude trading in areas with high volatility. For example, choose the Asian session. You, on the contrary, suggest to trade on the red news. The spread is wider there. What is the trick, sir? More tangible and faster corrections? But catching falling knives is dangerous? Or does that not apply to pro-level scalpers?

I would put it differently. On the flat, trading is calm, assured and without much risk. But it also trades very well on trends and news. The only thing that should be done is to disable range lines or to widen them much in advance and work with buttons.

With some experience it is possible to make good profit in an hour since the news start, like it was on Friday on CAD. I am not a pro scalper, I just try to be observant and not to let my emotions overload my mind ))

AlexFlick:
After automatic trading is started and range lines are set, the Sell enable and Buy enable buttons must be pressed, i.e. red. Have I understood it correctly?

If there is no way to keep track of prices, then yes. I have been working at home for a long time and I can monitor the market situation on the second monitor. When I need to make a quick profit, I also use buttons, which is the most effective way to do it.

Besides, we often encounter a problem of "hanging" losing orders. As a rule, this happens when the price breaks the channel by more than two of its width on M15 and starts to move up or down.

As a result the hanging orders may close on stops. This situation has a solution and I am working on it.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

In general, I myself have been working in portable mode for a long time now, as I don't want to go into the roaming folder and poke around there.

I have the following structure, I will show you in pictures. All the terminals, MT4 and MT5 are started only by .cmd files. Shortcuts on the screen are for housewives )) The official recommendations are based on the assumption that you have only one terminal. I have dozens of them, this is how it is, very convenient and I do not need to go somewhere to perform the required action

At the moment the MT4 terminal is build 1126, launching the terminal from the attached batons does not work anymore. Expert Advisor, indicator, script works even if run from shortcut on desktop. I don't know how critical it is to launch from batons when I have only one trading terminal.

AlexFlick:

The MT4 terminal is currently at build 1126, launching the terminal from the attached batons no longer works. The Expert Advisor, indicator and script work even if they are launched from the shortcut on the desktop. I don't know how important it is to run it from the batons if I have only one trading terminal.

Oh, I didn't know the new build was out. I'll update now and see. It's not critical at all, purely a convenience.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Oh, I didn't know a new build was out. I'll update now and see. It's not critical at all, purely mundane convenience.

Updated, everything runs fine with the .cmd. I'm working under admin, you're probably writing from work, so maybe the rights have been cut. Try running with .cmd at home afterwards

Reason: