Ward 6 - page 66

Someone diagnose this thread, should I reread the whole thing? Read a bit at first, read a bit on the flip side - blah, but there's a staat on the plus side somewhere...

The head writer is probably more financially savvy than Yusuf - and probably more mathematically savvy, too. Something is even posted on Matcade - maybe there is a key to the system. But in general, he talks a lot, but does not lay out the details.

Purely for fun, you can read: there are pearls comparable to Yusuf's. Although no, pardon me, Yusuf is unreachable.

Theoretically it could, of course: f(t) = EURUSD(t) = EURGBP(t) * GBPUSD(t) = f1(t) * f2(t). Two functions are more than one.

God only knows how the topicstarter used f1() and f2(). There is an uncountable power of options.

DmitriyN:
We have three pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD and EURGBP. What additional information about EURUSD can GBPUSD and EURGBP pairs provide?
Spreads/spikes are not considered.

The information is actually quite obvious. For example, if EURUSD is rising, several variants are possible: EUR strengthening, USD weakening, both of them, etc. Basically, the analysis of this information may be enough for trading without losing. For example, we buy a pair with simultaneous strengthening of EUR and weakening of USD. In this case even if one of the currencies changes its trend we have a chance to stay with zeros. Indices and their analysis, in a simplified primitive form in short...

DmitriyN:

Sometimes it comes down to the absurd. In this video, the man offering the system for sale admits at least twice
that he's a crook and doesn't have a system.

People like honesty.

Mavrodi also warned right away.

DmitriyN:
We have three pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD and EURGBP. What additional information about EURUSD can GBPUSD and EURGBP pairs provide?
Spreads / spikes are not included.
If we construct some equilibrium price on two pairs, to which the third pair must necessarily return, then this knowledge about the return is additional information. I understand that Granger got the Nobel for this.

Dr.Drain:
From there you don't have one schedule, but two. How much is enough. There is as much information in the GBPUSD chart as in the EURUSD chart. When you only look at EURUSD, you have 1 graph. When EURUSD, GBPUSD and EURGBP are considered as a triangle, you have two independent charts (generalized coordinates, i.e., the ratio of the euro to the square root of the pound and the cube root of the pound to the dollar, but two independent charts). _
Quote from page 61.

DmitriyN:
Quote from page 61.

HideYourRichess made this suggestion above pair

Maybe he's figured it out himself, maybe he's being obtuse with fables about lagging. An empty thread, it seems.

HideYourRichess:
It is worthy of being immortalised on a board of honour.
Immortalised:)

faa1947:
I understand Granger got a Nobel for that.
No, of course he didn't. First of all, there is no Nobel Prize in economics. It's a prize from the Bank of Sweden. The fact that they named it after Nobel, just to make it look good, doesn't do them any credit. As for Granger. He did a trick. He created a combined instrument that demonstrates stationarity, even though its constituent components are non-stationary. It is the only scientifically based method of predicting exchange rates described in the literature. The non-lagged, non redrawing filter presented here is the second. But it is not described in the literature, for obvious reasons (due to its greater efficiency).
Reason: