Is there a need for a T.A.?

Greetings, traders! Or not traders? I myself have been trading for three years now, but I am still in search of my grail...
Of course I have experience, but may I call myself a trader in the sense of professional affiliation?
But it doesn't matter, we all want the same thing, a couple of stable profitable trades a week.
profitable trades a week.

The question is about stability. making a couple of profits a week, with no losses or with rare stops.
is not a problem for a lot of people. But if you ask yourself:
Shouldn't I sell my condo? I'm trading quite confidently, and if I do the same for
If I trade the same way for another year, but with a lot of money, the profit will be very good.

I think no one will take such a step, and they are right! Who knows which way forex will turn
tomorrow? And if the hut on chicken legs had a front and a back side, then forex seems to have one
a solid backside, shaped like a circle...

But if to trade "for everything" is scary, and it does not make sense to trade for kopecks, then what are we doing on Forex?
Of course, we are not looking for a grail, I think everybody who has traded for a year already knows that this is utopia.
I think everybody who has been trading for a year already knows that it's utopia, you just need a good system for your own deposit.

That's what we'll talk about... Everywhere they talk about the need to systematize trading, about a certain set of rules
And a person can't trade without rules, and it doesn't matter who
indicators, chart analysis, or price action... The fundamentals are separate. Separate because
You don't think that you can get all information from free resources.
You don't think you can pull all the information you need from free resources, and even if you do, you can understand it?
All this is done by analytical departments in appropriate structures,
armed with indicators, or the idea that "price takes into account everything."

They follow the price and cannot predict anything:
A bearish crossover of two Ma's, and some filter is also in the negative zone... So what? What the hell
Why the hell would that mean anything? In this case, the downward trend... Most likely the downward movement is already
It may make sense to sell on a pullback, but then it will not be on the signal
Indicator, because it will start to reverse.
There are times when everything works well, but it's not the merit of the indicators, it's the merit of a calm market.

There are tens of thousands of Expert Advisors that have implemented the same ideas... Almost all of them fail!
Just imagine, there are thousands of ways to quickly drain your deposit! And that's when the price has only
Who said that the market is chaos? No! When anyone can make
When anyone can make a 70%-90% loss-making Expert Advisor, but can't do the opposite, this is not chaos, this is a specific property of the market!
This is not chaos, this is a specific property of the market!

Of course, you can complain about the ideas and execution, and about how good EAs are not posted on the Web.
But there are plenty of Expert Advisors based on the ideas of "gurus" and acknowledged "classics", and the results are not impressive.
This is what you need: you find a strategy, develop an Expert Advisor based on it, and place it on the real account if everything is OK.
If you know how to trade
If you know how to trade profitably, it does not make sense to spend time on another job.
doesn't make sense either. It's either/or.

So, in order to permanently, steadily withdraw money, you need an Expert Advisor
In order to make steady and stable withdrawals all the time we need an Expert Advisor (or a trading strategy) without large and prolonged drawdowns and flops in profits.
Yes, I haven't plummeted, but I've been holding out for a year around the deposit amount, it means a real hunger!
Now take what you think is a good EA and test it over the entire history
on all the ticks. And if it passes all the aforementioned conditions, I take my hat off to you.
I don't even need the grail, I'm just glad it's possible.

We build our strategies based on technical analysis, primarily because it is available.
We believe in the ability to find the criteria that allows us to determine if the breakout is a true or false one,
or false, or resistance, or reversal. We don't, because we're looking in the wrong place.
of a lot of economic and, importantly, political factors. And we just don't know that, but we keep building
and we're building more and more strategies. Here's what it looks like, imagine this conversation:

Good afternoon, listeners!
Announcer: Today we have a famous doctor, folk healer, Babakhov Gennady Petrovich,
He's famous for diagnosing patients without any tests.
Tell me, Gennady, what is the essence of your method?
Babakhov: The point is that the body is contained within the body, and whatever happens in it will find
For example, if a man falls down and shakes, what will happen to him?
D: Epilepsy?
B: That's right! You see how easy it is! Even you can do it!
But what about a man with a yellow face?
D: Chinese?
B: No, jaundice! Or he's drunk on vodka, so it's his liver!

D: So all Chinese people have jaundice?

B: No, their eyes are slanted... If we see slanted eyes, we do an additional analysis.
And the rest we treat until the end! Until the colour changes, the main thing is to stop the treatment...

D: Wait, if the patient is still Chinese, his complexion will remain yellow before and after treatment.
yellow. What do we do?

B: OK, if the person has a yellow face and oval eyes, then let's treat them! With slanted eyes,
we don't! We have enough normal patients for now, and then maybe we'll find some criteria.

D: That's up to you, of course. I heard that a patient passed away recently?

B: Yes, the picture was clear. The eyelids were closed above the bridge of the nose, and the two legs were crossed.
But I knew something was wrong. I should've transferred him to the ICU. Who knew?
I even poured dimedrol into the haloperidol, but it was human error, not methodical error.

D: I see, what are you working on now?

B: The runny nose! I've found a very effective method to treat the runny nose!
What was it like before? Drops, inhalations, and the percentage of people who get it is so small.
But now 90% of cases will be cured after the first sneeze!
Here's how it works: We wait for the patient to sneeze.
If it's a long "ah"...
If it's an intermittent "ah," we wait for a second "ah."
If it's an intermittent double "ah", we act after the third.
D: God!
B: Yes, yes, that's right! Believe me, I know how snot goes in the nasal ducts.
As a result of this action, a stream of air blows through the obstruction of the nasal passages,
thereby expelling all the mucous secretions along with the infection that caused them.
But the air currents can encounter powerful resistance and then recoil
to the lower levels. That's where nappies come in.

Absurd...but that seems to be what our attempts to use T.A. for price forecasting look like...
I'm still looking for the grail myself, and my main idea is that any systematic approach,
Either leads to failure, or it's unprofitable.

anjilll:

They follow the price and cannot predict anything in essence:
A bearish crossover of two Ma's, and some filter is also in the negative zone... So? What the hell
Why the hell would that mean anything? In this case, the downward trend... Most likely the downward movement is already
It may make sense to sell on a pullback, but then it will not be on the signal
Indicator, because it will start to reverse.
Sometimes everything works fine, but it's not the merit of the indicators, it's a calm market...

I agree about the indicators, I rejected their "services" a long time ago, I went the same way myself. Now I work directly with the price, analyzing the psychology of market behavior armed with the world's best indicator - bars, aka candlesticks.

Индикаторы вообще в топку!Они идут за ценой, и ничего предсказывать не могут по сути.

If you don't know how to use them, it doesn't mean TA doesn't work. It's YOU who don't know how to use TA ;)

A simple example from another field: a person's pulse, blood pressure, cardiogram, .... But these lagging indicators are used by many doctors to treat billions of people very successfully.

so don't whine. As they used to say in the military: "And don't hammer the screws into the wall with a screwdriver - your fingers will be safe and the painting will last longer ;)

And why is everyone so furious about these indicators? No one is arguing that the price is primary. Indicators are used to characterize the situation and therefore to make decisions or for other calculations.

ForexTools:

If you haven't learned how to use them, it doesn't mean TA doesn't work. it's YOU who don't know how to use TA ;)

anjilll

There are tens of thousands of EAs with as many ideas implemented...Almost all of them fail!

So most people don't know how? Teach me who does :)))

RomanS:
So most people don't know how? Teach me who can :))
So most do not publish profitable experts, but only share half-finished ideas for the sake of fame.

Techno:
it means most do not publish profitable experts
I 100% agree, my point is that I doubt very much that these experts are based on indicators

RomanS:
I agree with you 100 per cent, my point is that I doubt very much that these experts are based on indicators
I don't think you can know, because they have not been published ) Indicators give a description of the price, they filter something, how can you write a really profitable system without them?

Techno:
how can you write a really profitable system without them?
Ohhhh.... I'd show you my workings of nonindicator experts in the form of stats, but on this forum it's a sign of bad manners, I won't... but take my word for it, ever since i gave up indicators things have gone uphill

RomanS:
Ohhhh.... I'd show you my workings of indicatorless experts in the form of stats, but on this forum it's a sign of bad manners, I won't... But take my word for it, things have been going uphill since I gave up indicators
Do you use price channels (trends), horizontal lines (resistance-support)?

RomanS:
Ohhhh.... I'd show you my workings of nonindicator experts in the form of stats, but on this forum it's a sign of bad manners, I won't... but take my word for it, things have gotten better since i gave up indicators
As for the trader, if you have a good faith in the market you will understand the difference between the aforementioned and the underlying equations.
Reason: