Is there a need for a T.A.? - page 30

Avals:

Well, they've answered many times, but FAGOT thinks that since he's a mathematician, he's not a TA and he probably uses future prices instead of past prices :)

That's not the key question - TA says only past prices and asset volumes are necessary and sufficient for a prediction.

FAGOTT:

I'm sorry, I'm stupid - explain again about the equity generator. I do not understand this idea. What kind of spread do you mean? DC. Or a real one?

If you trade with a brokerage company, then it is a real one. If we trade not with dealer, we do not have DC spreads :) The greater the cost of trading, the more stable the curve will go down over a long testing period.

FAGOTT:

this is not the key issue - TA states that only the past price and volume of the asset is necessary and sufficient for prediction.

It is naive to assume that it does. He says he gives a >50% probability of success.

FAGOTT:

this is not the key issue - TA claims that only past price and asset volume are necessary and sufficient for prediction.

What do mathematicians use? If you add information from the stock market or COT data for example, is it no longer technical analysis?

Avals:

What do mathematicians use? If you add for example stock market data or COT data, is it no longer technical analysis?

Of course not! Stop this provocation!

Avals:

What do mathematicians use? If you add for example info from the stock market or COT data, it's no longer technical analysis?

The stock market surely gives additional options for pipsing with a robot :).

sak120:

It's naive to assume that he claims. He says he gives a >50% chance of success.

That's the first time I've read that. Where did you get that? Is that like a positive mathematical expectation? What's the success rate? The number of profitable trades? Total profit?

FAGOTT:

This is the first time I've read that. Where did you get that? Is it like a positive mathematical expectation? And success in what? The number of profitable deals? Total profit?

The correct definition of TA from my point of view is to deny the hypothesis of weak market efficiency. The hypothesis states that past prices, volumes and other numerical turbidity cannot predict future prices, i.e. prediction probability=50%.

In total profits, not including spread.

sak120:

The correct definition of TA from my point of view is to deny the hypothesis of weak market efficiency. The hypothesis states that past prices, volumes and other numerical turbidity cannot predict future prices, i.e. prediction probability=50%.

In total profits, excluding the spread.

any information can be represented by a numerical muddle. The basis of TA is that history repeats itself. Everything else about the data used is secondary. imha

sak120:

In total profits, excluding the spread.

if and other nonsense is not TA. What if the probability of prediction = 30%?

What does that mean - total profit? Probability of profit=50%. Is it the probability that at the end of a certain period the profit > 0?

Reason: