Is there a need for a T.A.? - page 29

FAGOTT:

Well, has he had one TS all these years? I doubt it very much. I think there MUST be an adaptation device. No?

I replied about the importance of TA in trading...

This is where the dispute started.

The TS is supposed to evolve over time.

And I also think that it should not be written in MQL.

But for testing "ideas" MQL & MT are very suitable.

;)

FAGOTT:
D.Simons is a professional mathematician. And from what has come down to the public, there is no smell of TA in his TCs.

And what do you consider "TA"?

FAGOTT:
D.Simons is a professional mathematician. And from what has come down to the public, there is no smell of TA in his TCs.

Book technical analysis works with price movements up and down - these movements are not just non-stationary but super chaotic, give it up. Look for statistical patterns for values that do not depend on up and down directions - it's easier that way.

Avals: and what do you consider "TA"?
That is the main, religious question. It should have been asked from the beginning.

Mathemat:
This is the main, religious question. It should have been asked from the start.

It has been answered many times: TA=past prices and volumes can predict future price direction or future prices.

1. I've quoted the definition from Wikipedia 10 times already.

2. up and down doesn't mean unsteady. Unsteady is up-down-down- up-down- up-down- up-down- up-down- up-down- up-down-----. Well, you'll get a better explanation here than I will.

3. That the TS needs/develops/adapts is a golden word.

sak120:

It has been answered many times: TA=past prices and volumes can predict future price direction or future prices.
Can you work high frequency?

sak120:

It has been answered many times: TA = past prices and volumes can predict future price direction or future prices.

Well, they have answered it many times, but FAGOT for example believes that because he is a mathematician, he is not a TA and he probably uses future prices, not past prices :)

Avals:

and what do you consider "TA"?

I'm sorry, I'm stupid - explain again about the equity generator. I don't understand this idea. What kind of spread do you mean? It is a DT one. Or a real one?

FAGOTT:

1. I've quoted the definition from Wikipedia 10 times already.

2. up and down doesn't mean unsteady. Unsteady is up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down-----. Well, you'll get a better explanation here than me.

3. That the TS should/should/adapt is a golden word.

I simply suggested a way that I myself use - I don't build systems that trade direction, but trade other invariants that are independent of up and down friction.

If you want to trade direction, you have to not just adapt, but all wiggle your ass :).

Reason: