Is there a need for a lock in MT5? - page 61

Good evening!

I haven't read all 60 pages of the thread, but judging by the volume, it's not just me.

About me. I've been into Forex for over 10 years now. I have little success in trading. I`m writing Expert Advisors and I`m trying to find the Holy Grail (as maybe many optimists do).

From my experience, it is convenient to have a locked position supporting tool to make trading clear (no matter if in tester or in the terminal), especially for strategies that focus on price fluctuations around a certain mean - "reversal strategies". It is convenient to use locked orders for these strategies and control the moments of their placing without their mutual averaging.

I admit that the financial result of trading with the averaging of positions or with the locked positions will be the same, but it is impossible to trade by reversal strategies based on locked orders, unless the terminal supports the possibility of locks.

If locked positions cannot be controlled, trading based on such strategies turns into a "mess", and I think it is impossible for traders who do not automated(EA or scripting). The refusal of clarity (the possibility to place locked orders) is a step backward for MT.

For most newbies it was the clarity of trading that made them interested in Forex. The moments of averaging a position on a currency pair carry:

1) the risk of not trusting the DC in the correctness of the averaging (as it is not as clear as when an order is placed without averaging)

2) The complexity of implementing some trading strategies where we need to keep track of the date and time of placing a specific order (without averaging in the total position).

I chose MT3-MT4 when I was studying trading platforms, as this terminal allowed trading with locked orders which allowed controlling the trading of reversal strategies.

Advice to developers:

If MT wants to "grow" to other platforms that use position averaging - I don't mind (maybe someone sees something good in it), but just leave the choice of using or not using locs up to the trader (or the DC). And in the 5th version of the platform, implement both options (why give up one of the important tools, which allows beginners to quickly understand the principle of trading in FOREX). In addition, it will be fair to both the trader and the dealing centre. And the trader and the dealing center will find each other on those trading conditions that suit them.

I wish MT platform to continue to be widely appreciated by traders around the world and not to become Like Many good trading terminals known around the world.

I hope that dealing centers interested in new traders will support me and understand that the more transparent trading rules they have, the more new traders will come to them.

There are systems that work on different timeframes. I wonder how these strategies will work now...

Until recently, I was convinced that any lock could be handled by a netting approach. But, as it turns out, this is not the case:

This is only possible in the lot, since min. lot = 0.1

The broker has a min. lot of 0.1. Therefore it is not possible to open a position with 0.05 lots. You cannot close 1.95 lots from 2 lots via OrderClose. You cannot make the OrderCloseBy above.

So, this is the situation where you cannot do without a lock.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/7

the theme for the ongoing battle for loc...

Some NFA brokers on MT4 have circumvented the loc restrictions by declaring positions in MT4 as virtual. And the state for reporting is provided from the BackOffice.

This is the scheme that was proposed back in April.

Did I get it right: a lock is a multidirectional position open at the same time?! And if I open a position and an opposing pendent is a lock? Will it work on MT5?

My Expert Advisor is built on this very principle of opening positions and protecting against losses. Thanks to this it yields up to 80% of profitable deals on MT4. I am in favor of the lock on MT5. Any limitations in the improved version suggests that this is a custom change made against profitable traders.

What will change this discussion at all if only an uncle with a lot of money can "order" these changes. Will MT5 developers listen to us! Keep your pocket wide!!!!!!!

religare писал(а) >>

Did I get it right: a lock is a multidirectional position open at the same time?! And if I open a position and an opposing pendent is a lock? Will it work on MT5?

My Expert Advisor is built on this very principle of opening positions and protecting against losses. Thanks to this it yields up to 80% of profitable deals on MT4. I am in favor of the lock on MT5. Any limitations in the improved version suggests that this is a custom change made against profitable traders.

What will change this discussion at all if only an uncle with a lot of money can "order" these changes. Will MT5 developers listen to us! Keep your pocket wide!!!!!!!

If just one person proves that the use of locs gives a mathematical advantage, traders all over the world will come out with posters saying "MQ give locs!!!" and MQ will immediately surrender to such an aggression of angry mass of traders and no man with big money will not be able to lobby anything)

Above under MT4 showed when you can't do without a loco.
Reason: