[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1060

volshebnik:
This is the way it was. I checked "skip useless results" and "show input parameters" - I got 6 passes (out of 10,496), 2 of them are shown.

check properties of the symbol in the strategy tester tab, maybe EA tries to execute a deal within min dist - that is the level of stops or within spread, maybe something else at some "boundary" conditions, these conditions have to be registered explicitly in the EA and compared to them when placing an order (e.g. stop levels, order limit, initially comparing with broker's allowed (min), through marketinfo() - they are specified in "symbol properties" - all these things need to be taken into account and these two trades are somehow "accidentally" slipped... You used to optimise EAs on history. It's basically the same there - try these "borderline" things and try again...

Roman.:
try again...
And in general, try running in the " opening price...." optimisation model (mode) - maybe you have a "thoughtful comrade" - 20 min, as you write, in all ticks mode is no indication...

Guys, thank you all - the "hands-on" method helped to give me an idea. It turned out that optimization is hampered by the "MA period" parameter. If it, too, is optimized along with all other parameters, then in most cases optimization "dies". If it is set as "stationary", all other parameters will be optimized. If on the contrary, if we optimize only "MA period", it works. But it together with all of them does not work (2-3 "runs" and that's all). Why - I do not know....

Got even closer to the error - MA period > 6 "blocked" the optimisation if the period was also included in the optimised parameters. Under 6 all parameters together are optimised. Why this is the case, though, is unclear.

volshebnik:
Even closer to the error - MA period > 6 "blocked" optimization if the period was also included in the optimized parameters. Less than 6 all parameters are optimised together. It's still unclear why this is the case though.

perhaps the number of optimised parameters or optimisation passes was too high, in such cases the "log" tab contains a recommendation to either reduce the number of parameters or

Increase the parameter optimisation steps - try putting 2 or 4 instead of 1 in the optimisation steps of your parameters and, of course, turn on the MA period parameter (also step 2 instead of 1) and run - everything should work. It's just a system "glitch"... It happens... Report back later...

Roman.:

Possibly the number of optimised parameters or optimisation passes was too big - in such cases, the "log" tab contains a recommendation: either reduce the number of parameters, or

Increase the parameter optimisation steps - try putting 2 in your optimisation steps instead of 1 and, of course, turn on the MA period parameter (also step 2 instead of 1) and run - everything should work. It's just a system "glitch"... It happens... Write back later...

No, it didn't. Firstly, the log is silent like a fish about errors, and secondly, if I optimized only the "MA period" parameter, it would "reach" only 6. (And I set it to stop at 10). With any step of other parameters (I also set step = 10), and MA step (2 or 3), if they are optimized together, the latter does not work when MA Period > 6.

check the EA itself at this value. maybe you have an EA hang-up?

sergeev:
Check the EA itself on this setting. maybe you have an EA hang-up?

Well, of course, there may be an error in implementation of logic of the Expert Advisor itself and in values of parameters to open orders at МА > 6...

If everything is "properly" written, there should be no such optimisation work...

Alexey, you are right. I checked my Expert Advisor - with MA Period = 6 ... 10, Expert Advisor hangs after a month of testing ... The testing stops and hangs. The Expert Advisor simply would not open trades. Why does the tester hang?

volshebnik:
Alexey, you are right. I checked my Expert Advisor - with MA Period = 6 ... 10, Expert Advisor hangs after a month of testing ... The testing stops and hangs. The Expert Advisor simply would not open trades. Why does the tester hang?

You need to look at the EA and the indicators used
Reason: