[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1059

Roman.:

First, on a hunch, try those 2 ticks in 'optimisation' unchecked...

I took it off. Here's the result.

And it hangs on.

magazine, show me

sergeev:
have another look at the magazine

What next?

volshebnik:

What next?

most likely there is no complete history for this tool, even if there is, re-download it and try again...

Roman.:

there is most likely no complete history for this tool, even if there is, re-download it and try again...
How do I re-download the history? Is it to enter the tab "Tools" on the MT4 terminal panel, then - "Quote Archive" and in the window that opened click "Download" ? If so, I did it. Then I started optimization again (having reloaded the terminal before) - but the result is the same.

volshebnik:
How do I re-download the history? Is it to enter the tab "Tools" on the MT4 terminal panel, then - "Quotes archive" and in the opened window press "Download" ? If so, I did it. Then I have started optimization again (by reloading the terminal before) - but the result is the same.

Press F2 on the terminal with strategy tester tab open, select instrument, in your case it's GBPUSD, select 1 hour, then download history, wait for the completion of history downloading, then close this download tab... Try to run the optimisation.

Roman.:

Press F2 in the terminal when the strategy tester tab is open, select an instrument, in your case it's GBPUSD, choose 1 hour, then select history, wait for the end of history download, then close this download tab... Try to run the optimisation.

and also in the strategy tester tab in the properties try to set so and put a lot in the Expert Advisor 0.1 or 1 (as the broker allows you on this type of account - constant (minimum) is better):

and in the "optimization results" in the working field (results window) click the right mouse button, then put a tick in front of "skip useless results" and "show input parameters".

Roman.:

Press F2 in the terminal when the strategy tester tab is open, select an instrument, in your case GBPUSD, select 1 hour, then download the history, wait for the history download to complete, then close the download tab... then try to run optimization.
That's how I already did it. But did it again in your order. I got a message that there is no new data and asked to recalculate timeframes ? Answered in the affirmative - green bar quickly ran in the load indicator. Started the optimisation - same thing.

Roman.:

and also in the strategy tester tab in the properties try to set so and set the lot in the EA to 0,1 or 1 (as the broker allows you on this type of account - constant (minimum) is better):

and in the "optimization results" in the working field (results window) click the right mouse button, then check "skip useless results" and "show input parameters".

That's the way it was set. I checked "skip useless results" and "show input parameters" - I got 6 passes (out of 10,496), 2 of them are shown.

volshebnik:
I did. Checked "skip useless results" and "show input parameters" - there are 6 passes (out of 10,496), of which 2 are shown.

Have you tried the scientific method?

Not all ticks, but by openings, take another EA, reduce time not a year, but 2-7 days, that's all.

Reason: