Sacred knowledge. - page 8

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:
From the broker's server.
Thank you, very much looking forward to it!

The news about downloading ticks is positive, but are brokers' servers ready for this? This is a huge amount of traffic. A crowd of clients will start downloading dozens of gigabytes at once - can the servers handle it?

demonsn:

Great news!

It would be good to have the tumbler settings in Settings, including this option "On/Off safe model". The default setting would be Safe Model, and for those who know what they are doing, the option to change the behaviour of the tumbler would be provided.

How much weeping there will be when bids will be opened exactly at that price (above/below best price) which was requested. Instead of eating the best bids, but no further than the price)

Alexey Navoykov:
The news about downloading ticks is of course positive, but are brokers' servers ready for such a thing? It is a huge amount of traffic. A crowd of clients will start to download tens of gigabytes at once - will the servers be able to cope?
Are brokers ready to download ticks at all, from my own experience I know how to expose a claim a broker on a deal - they have a standard answer, they need to ask someone about the tick history and then they will decide, it was a market quote or not, but in almost 90% of cases there was no market quote. Now of course, you can tear them apart - if there is something to compare them with.

Server Muradasilov:
They may be ready to download ticks at all, from my own experience I know how to expose a claim on a deal - they have a standard answer, they need to request a tick history and then they will decide, it was a market quote or not, but in almost 90% of cases they didn't have a market quote. Now of course, we can tear them apart - if there is something to compare them with.

Why "down and out", then? And what are they comparing it to? With their own ticks? Or the ticks of another company? Usually in either case they have the right to claim that there was a failure in their ticks, so they need to "request someone else's tick history" ) And other people's ticks are not an argument for them.

From your reasoning it turns out that it is about kitchens, but then they should not be called brokers (capitalized, too) :)

Alexey Navoykov:

Why "down and out", then? And what are they comparing it to? With their own ticks? Or with ticks of another company? Usually, in either case, they have the right to say that there was a failure in their ticks, so they need to "ask someone else's tick history" ) And other people's ticks are not an argument for them.

And first of all, we have to decide, who exactly are we talking about: real brokers or kitchen brokers? From your reasoning it turns out that it is about kitchens, but then we should not call them brokers (and even with a capital letter) :)

Our path is long and thorny and there are many different ones.

Alexey Navoykov:
The news about downloading ticks is certainly positive, but are the brokers' servers ready for this? It is a huge volume of traffic. A crowd of clients will start to download tens of gigabytes at a time - will the servers cope?

And no one said anything about brokers.

MQ will give the opportunity and demonstrate it on their server, but all brokers will decide whether (and if so, how much) to post tick history.

I can already see the crying about "my broker doesn't give ticks". Probably no one will give them at all for the first time.

Hello, everyone's been saying the same thing lately - tick charts, tick data - but is there any use for them at all, I can't grasp. Are there any examples of real trading where ticks have been used, or are they only needed for testing/optimisation on history, which some use third party software for. Thanks.

Izzatilla Ikramov:
Hello, Lately everyone has the same words - tick charts, tick data - and is there any use for them at all, I can't catch on. Are there any examples of real trading where ticks have been used, or are they only needed for testing/optimisation on history, which some use third party software for. Thanks.
For backtesting, ticks will give accuracy to testing scalper strategies.

Ghenadie Tumco:
For backtesting, ticks will give accuracy to checking scalper strategies.

On the real, I'm already testing ticks trading:

Backtests and checks are all history, which may not be repeated in the future.

Are the other signals (currently losing) also trading on ticks?

Reason: